I know we're all eagerly waiting for the 9900/9930 to drop, and every time we see one pop up on used goods websites such as Craigslist, Kijiji and eBay we all wish we had $800-$1200 laying around to spend on them, but this sparked a thought.

If I truly thought I would be able to get a fully functioning 9900 from someone, even if it was used, and have it work past the release date; I'd drop the extra cash and go for it. The only thing stopping me is that, and if I'm wrong here please correct me, does RIM not blacklist/block/ban/deactivate all or most PINs that were from pre-release devices right before an actual device launch?

I seem to recall a handful of people back during the 9700 and Torch launch having pre-release devices that worked, then a few days or even weeks before launch they lost BlackBerry services.

Refer to ad: Blackberry Bold 9900. REAL, IN HAND

If that is the case, this seller has a 9900 that "as of yesterday [...] stopped working" and that "the PIN seems to be down".

If I'm recalling previous launches correctly, could this be a good sign towards a launch around the corner?
    07-16-11 04:48 PM
    Yep. ATT will have the 9900 in July, August, September, October or November. Another carrier might launch it first though. I read forums. I know stuff.
    07-16-11 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD