Great phone and as of today the best blackberry ever built. I don;t quite understand the lack of BIS on bb10 and I would assume it to be an option but not a prerequisite. Also I love the trackpad, the hardware keyboard and the real (answer,menu,back reject) buttons. I don't buy into the idea of enormous devices featuring screens and lacking functionality and I am not convinced that a Q10 would make such a difference that would make me change a device.

Should BlackBerry want me to change, they should make a device worth dumping my Bold 9900
    03-13-13 04:27 AM
    Just had a Vodafone UK rep call as I'm due an upgrade.

Was offered 2 alternatives, take the upgrade or keep my existing phone and have a new 12 months contract with exactly the same data and minutes I have now for less than half the price I am now paying (�45.00 down to �20.50)

No hesitation, took the price reduction and signed up to keep the 9900 for another 12 months. No brainer in my opinion given how immature BB10 is at the present time.

This time next year the Q10 might just tempt me, but I am well happy with the decision I just made to keep my beloved Bold.
    JC61, BlazorBoy and howards like this.
    03-19-13 01:08 PM

Was offered 2 alternatives, take the upgrade or keep my existing phone and have a new 12 months contract with exactly the same data and minutes I have now for less than half the price I am now paying (�45.00 down to �20.50)

No hesitation, took the price reduction and signed up to keep the 9900 for another 12 months. No brainer in my opinion given how immature BB10 is at the present time.

This time next year the Q10 might just tempt me, but I am well happy with the decision I just made to keep my beloved Bold.
    Posts like this ( ^^^ ) make me want to give orange a call and see if they're doing anything similar. Hmmmm....
    03-19-13 05:05 PM

I have always felt Legal Eagle has his head well screwed on and this further confirms it! From what I read 10 seems to take three steps backwards for each step forward. In a year these may be cleared up. See especially the Engadget review of the OS.
    03-19-13 06:22 PM
    I was going to get the Q10 but I read it has AMOLED screen and that turned me off. I hate AMOLED.
    So, I'm looking for a cheap 9930 that will replace my iPhone 5 and I'll either sell the iPhone 5 and buy an ipad or trade it for an ipad. Idk yet.

I do plan on playing with the Q10 in the Sprint store when they arrive but I cannot get over the fact they'll have AMOLED screens :/
    03-20-13 01:04 PM
    Keeping my 9930 until my sprint contract is up and then going to leave sprint if they don't have the Z10 if that is the one I want.

Sorry Sprint.
    03-20-13 02:11 PM
    Personally, I'm sticking with my 9930 until I find another device the encourages me to switch. Also, being tied to VZW due to location has put a significant limit to the phone choices at the moment or I would be strongly considering a move to the HTC One. I'm not really Brand/Ecosystem loyal, so if I phone fits my needs, that's the one I buy.

~Ex
    03-20-13 04:06 PM
    Keeping my 9930 until my sprint contract is up and then going to leave sprint if they don't have the Z10 if that is the one I want.

Sorry Sprint.
    Sprint is coming out with a newer BB10 all touch phone later in the year.
    Supposedly the successor to the Z10.
    I hope it has a bigger screen (I love 4.7") and beefed up specs so people can stop complaining about "Blackberry is a generation behind" :eyeroll:
    03-20-13 04:25 PM
    I have the 9900 for the moment, but I'm really tempted to upgrade to BB10. Just hesitating between Z or Q. Really not sure yet.
    03-20-13 04:58 PM
    maybe i'm not have any BB10 device, but if i have someday, i will keep my lovely 9930 for every reason

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-20-13 10:57 PM
    I'm planning to use my 9900 for work and Z10 for personal use since it's not worth selling my 9900 for the really low price..
    03-21-13 05:49 AM
    I was going to get the Q10 but I read it has AMOLED screen and that turned me off. I hate AMOLED.
    So, I'm looking for a cheap 9930 that will replace my iPhone 5 and I'll either sell the iPhone 5 and buy an ipad or trade it for an ipad. Idk yet.

I do plan on playing with the Q10 in the Sprint store when they arrive but I cannot get over the fact they'll have AMOLED screens :/
    What was the reason they went with AMOLED screen for Q10 again and why is it inferior? Read it somewhere along with 3,000 other bits of info daily but forgot? Jeez, too much tech stuff to remember daily, makes my pea brain hurt eh!!
    03-24-13 02:10 AM
    I keep all my BB devices. My 9000 and 9700 still work like new out of the box. I also use my 9800 as my alarm block by my bed or when I need to send a quick email or browse the web. My 9900 will stay by side even after the Z10 makes its way to the US.
    Pretty soon u can open a BB museum! Guess u have a playbook 2. How could u not? I will soon have total of 4 BB's laying around- plus playbook. Have an Ipod 5 for mainly music/ app launcher and can't stand texting on it, an Apple TV for xmas which has a few cool features like Utube, on big TV, etc.. Jeez , sorry for the Apple crap list, so get back on topic here- holding onto BB Bold 9900 till I get my paws on Q10 to check it out. Long BBRY!!
    03-24-13 02:18 AM
163 ... 567