Hi all,

Im in serious trouble as all my email messages previous to yesterday have gone missing - and I need to access them for business reasons! I have pulled battery and my free memory is 169,487,808 Bytes ( I have done numerous ones). My wireless reconciliation is turned off, my email is set to never wipe, but I did have a low memory message (my 9900 was slow at doing everything). I have looked on here but is there anything I can do to readmy messages over previous month?

Im really getting worried here so any help is appreciated. Is there also any way of turneing the delete email feature off?

Mike
    02-11-12 06:55 AM
    ive never had this happen to me but did you recently back up your phone? if so you can restore it with all of the messages.
    02-11-12 07:57 AM
    Hi

Thanks for trying to help. I have wireless back up on from balckberry protect but now when I look at it it seems messages arent backed up (which is annoying as I thought it did that as well). My full back up on desktop manager was in December so thats no use.

I was hoping someone would say my messages are still there its just been moved to an archive file and I can get them back. At the moment I only have messages from yesterday.

I cant have this situation again so I would need to reconsider using blackberry again. All my incoming emails I can get (as my laptop gets them through outlook), but its my responses I have lost and thats the key information I need(though going forward I could set up another account and bcc responses as a backup). This could be financially troublesome so any help is appreciated.

Mike
    02-11-12 08:46 AM
    Just had a thought... The emails should remain on the server for 10 days, so how come i cant see these?
    02-11-12 10:33 AM
    @m40wen,
    If you use your company id, then ask your admin for help.
    Normally even after deleting emails doesnt deletes from server.
    See your IT dept. and ask them if he can recover your mails
    I have experienced such a problem and got my mails back with help of my IT dept. guys.
    02-11-12 10:38 AM
    Hi Infinus

Sorry I should explain - im a one man band, so there is no help desk to ring. I just dont want to do anything that will make my situation worse. Im not sure if my emails are deleted or hidden - all i do know is that since the low memory manager came on ive had all sorts of problems. That occurred several days agao - its only today that my emails have been wiped until yesterday.
    02-11-12 10:48 AM
    Are they still on your desktop email or webmail?
    02-11-12 11:00 AM
    Login to the emails webpage and look in your trash. It would also be a good idea to change your BB protocol from Delete from Handheld and Mailbox to Delete from Handheld only.
    02-11-12 01:04 PM
    Deleting the account from the device and adding it back in would be a good place to start. Some of the following settings will be available to you upon adding the account back to the phone. If the Emails have not been deleted from the server than chances are they will populate your message box.

Keep the messages "Forever".
    Messages/Options/Days To Keep Messages

Why is "Wireless Reconcile" turned off? Turn It On. Also use "Delete On Handheld".
    Messages/Options/Email Reconciliation

Setup the account sync options to Not Sync "Deleted Items".
    Options/Setup/Email Accounts/Your Account/Synchronization Options

Good luck, I hope you find your messages.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 02-11-12 at 05:25 PM.
    02-11-12 01:27 PM
    Hi All

Right I have good and bad news (and apologies i have been looking at this all day - to say this hasnt been good is an understatement)....

I have looked at my webmail and into the account - every single email is there since september, both sent and inbox (so at least I have that). Now the bad news - i wiped my account, and readded..... The account on my blackberry is showing my emails.... from 11.11am Friday like it was before!!!!

I am less concerned as at least i can view emails, but now im TOTALLY confused as to why my blackberry doesnt download every message as it should be "new" to the device.

Any help... anyone?!!
    02-11-12 06:43 PM
    Is it possible because the emails have been marked as read in your account?
    02-11-12 06:58 PM
    Hmm I didnt think of that, but that still wouldnt explain why some got through (I have read every message). On the web email its showing everything as read, and looks ok. It sent me the sent and received emails exactly like it was this before i wiped my account.

I have tested the delete function and thats working as it should but I still dont understand whats happening.
    02-11-12 07:21 PM
    Ok, I have played with making some messages unread, deleted account and added back in.... and it still starts at the same point....
    02-11-12 07:33 PM
    Hi all,

Now my BB is not sending emails! I hit send and it disappears... doesnt hit the server either. Odd thing is some of them did go through this morning. I think its time for the bb to go back unless anyone knows if im doing something wrong
    02-12-12 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD