I have to say I am impressed

Everything is just so "fluid" (shameless plug for liquid graphics). The touch responsiveness is awesome and the screen resolution improvement is a nice touch. Also, multi-tasking is a lot smoother as I can download 3 or 4 apps at the same time, while surfing the web and checking back through texts and emails without a hiccup.

Web browsing is MUCH, MUCH, better than OS6 9650. On WiFi, pages load pretty fast for me. I mainly frequent eBay, Forbes, Craigslist, and a couple other news sites. Nothing too intensive, but the browsing experience is great. Over 3G, there is a slight difference, but not enough to make me complain. Pinch to zoom and scrolling are awesome. The whole browsing experience in general is a definite upgrade.

Also, right when I got the phone, I upgraded to .374 so I can't vouch for the stock shipped version of OS7, but I have absolutely no battery issues with .374. I talk about 8+ hours and send/receive 300+ texts/emails/BBMs daily. I keep WiFi on most of the time, and I get pretty good signal so the phone isn't struggling there. My phone gets unplugged around 6:30am and by 9am I have been on 3 conference calls for a total of about 1.5-2hours of talk time. The battery is superb.

I have not given the battery a full "stress" test, meaning I have not tried to see how long before I totally drain the battery. I'm either in the car or in an office so I can easily plug in whenever I feel. The second day I had the phone I did go til about 6pm without charging the battery and was at about 45% battery life. To me, that is GREAT considering how much I use this phone.

The keyboard is awesome. I don't think I need to elaborate on this, but I like it much more than the Bold 9650 keyboard, and the 9650 keyboard was already great. I can touch-type (not look at the keys) and type very, very accurately with it.

Other than my http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...e-call-663409/ issue, everything is great!

Oh, and build quality is SUPERB! I don't feel like I'm going to damage it or break it; I get the feeling this thing was made to last and not just meet a certain price point. Also, I don't have any protective screen cover or case/skin either. I just love the look and feel of the glass too much to cover up/ruin. This thing is too pretty to cover up, and I have found that the screen is pretty scratch resistant. I don't baby my phones, but it's been pretty hard to scratch this Bold. The brushed chrome/steel trim is pretty damn durable and not going to be scuffed/scratched easily so I don't even worry about that. The only thing that can get minor surface scuffs and scratches is the battery door and maybe the plastic covering the camera lens. I bought the universal screen protectors from Verizon that can be cut-to-size and will be covering the battery door and lens. Other than that, I keeping the phone as clean and original to its design as possible. This is THE BEST looking BB I've seen thus far.

Thanks AmazonWireless for the penny deal, and thanks CB for relaying the info on the sale!

Last edited by jranciano; 10-25-11 at 09:03 PM.
    grover5, Chrisy, robtanz and 6 others like this.
    10-25-11 08:52 PM
    I've got to stop coming here, I'm getting envious that I can't really add a 9930 to my collection right now haha.
    Chrisy and JR A like this.
    10-25-11 08:57 PM
    You know, if you sold your iPhone 4 to someone on Craigslist or eBay, you'd have enough and then some to buy a second hand 9930 or even a brand new one without a contract
    10-25-11 09:02 PM
    I'd be lying if I said that consideration doesn't cross my mind at least once a day, usually every time I open CB for the first time. I'm glad to hear web browsing is much improved over the 9650, as that is the BB I use now and the browsing has to be one of the few disappointments. I just wish I could demo one first but of course Verizon doesn't display one, they need room for the 4 iPhones and 3 iPads they have displayed.
    10-25-11 09:30 PM
    I've got to stop coming here, I'm getting envious that I can't really add a 9930 to my collection right now haha.
    Give in... YOU MUST! Seriously, though, it is an amazing phone. And this is from someone coming from a high-end droid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-11 09:44 PM
    Yup. I agree. I've had my used 9930 for about 4 days and so far I love it. I ocasionally get a spinning clock and its really annoying but its not a huge deal. Its a phone that I can actually put it in my pocket and its great! Can't wait to get my otterbox and I think ill love it even more!

10-25-11 09:59 PM
    I'd be lying if I said that consideration doesn't cross my mind at least once a day, usually every time I open CB for the first time. I'm glad to hear web browsing is much improved over the 9650, as that is the BB I use now and the browsing has to be one of the few disappointments. I just wish I could demo one first but of course Verizon doesn't display one, they need room for the 4 iPhones and 3 iPads they have displayed.
    Try asking one of the sales reps for a working model. Most times if you let them know you are serious about buying one that day if it feels right, they will unbox one, power it up, and let you test drive it. At least that's what Sprint did for me...
    10-25-11 11:36 PM
    I have had this phone for a month now with out case too,and don't baby my phone too ,no scratch. Love the screen resolution and a superb kb ,browser is fast enough for me ,battery is enough for 24-30 hour for me with 2G and less than 24 hour with 3G

10-26-11 12:06 AM
    loving my 9930
    10-26-11 02:57 AM
    Pretty much my experience and I've had mine since they launched!
    10-26-11 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD