I have been moving back and forth for weeks between my 9860, 9900 and my Android Samsung Galaxy S2. I will use one till I got tired and move to the next.

In the very end, I find myself NOT wanting to go back to either of the RIM devices and will stick with the Galaxy S2.

Hard to believe I have come to this but then again there was never a phone like the SG2. RIM and even Apple will have trouble surpassing this.

I have enjoyed the forum and will drop in to check it out from time to time!
    James Wang, freedomx20a and mhw100 like this.
    08-30-11 08:26 AM
    Hard to blame you, the SGS II is probably the best smartphone in the world. Enjoy.
    08-30-11 08:35 AM
    I have been moving back and forth for weeks between my 9860, 9900 and my Android Samsung Galaxy S2. I will use one till I got tired and move to the next.

In the very end, I find myself NOT wanting to go back to either of the RIM devices and will stick with the Galaxy S2.

Hard to believe I have come to this but then again there was never a phone like the SG2. RIM and even Apple will have trouble surpassing this.

Hey that's GREAT! We won't need to read your drivil anymore! Bye Bye!
    FranzJoseph likes this.
    08-30-11 08:38 AM
    I recognize your name/icon from years of activity.

I'm curious about how you use your phone: is it mostly voice, email/text, apps? Was there one one thing that pushed you to the S2?

Sorry to see you go.
    08-30-11 08:38 AM
    Shame really as your one of the better posters in here greg...personally speaking ive used the Galaxy S2 and frankly it bored the holy **** out of me...definitely not going to touch another Android handset...shoddy battery life even though i had 4 different units...boring OS in all honesty, the app marketplace is rubbish compared to apples...wont comment on BB appworld.

Tbh its a lovely handset, not a fan of its build quality...i think my ip4 and Bold 9900 still knock it out of the park and i actually preferred using my ip4 over the Galaxy S2...but out of all 3??...the Bold 9900 keeps me occupied the most...im selling my Galaxy S2 to a friend of mine as hes a full on phandroid lol
    08-30-11 09:02 AM
    S2 was a nice phone but just too big for my liking. Not the greatest build quality either.
    08-30-11 09:06 AM
    Hey that's GREAT! We won't need to read your drivil anymore! Bye Bye!
    LOL! My drivel, have you gone back and read your useless comments?
    At least you could spell the word correctly!

Shame really as your one of the better posters in here greg...personally speaking ive used the Galaxy S2 and frankly it bored the holy **** out of me...definitely not going to touch another Android handset...shoddy battery life even though i had 4 different units...boring OS in all honesty, the app marketplace is rubbish compared to apples...wont comment on BB appworld.

Tbh its a lovely handset, not a fan of its build quality...i think my ip4 and Bold 9900 still knock it out of the park and i actually preferred using my ip4 over the Galaxy S2...but out of all 3??...the Bold 9900 keeps me occupied the most...im selling my Galaxy S2 to a friend of mine as hes a full on phandroid lol
    Good grief, battery life is outstanding compared to any other Android product. Boring? Not me. I got pissed when the 9900 won't even rum my Drop Box which my whole company relies on daily. I have not used my iPhone 4 in months.

Many are turned off to the SG2 because it is so lite! That it is and thinner than any. What felt cheap, was it the Gorilla Glass? The were only two moving parts/buttons on the whole phone, not a lot to go wrong there. Maybe it was the 8mp focusing camera but I do not think so.

Anyway no bad feelings here, I have been using RIM from back in the 950 days and enjoy reading some the the newbie rude comments from chasvs! RIM will always be of interest to me but in the end I want what will perform the best and if you look at the specs . . . well I picked the SG2.

S2 was a nice phone but just too big for my liking. Not the greatest build quality either.
    Too big? That means the iPhone is too big, too!

Just right for me with the best virtual keyboard I have ever used.

Like I asked Spawn, what made the phone SG2 feel cheap? Was it because it was so lite and thin in comparison to RIM? Maybe the gorilla glass made it feel cheap? Maybe it was the processor or the tons of internal memory or all those extra pixels or . . . . . .

or maybe the SG2 focused so closely
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 08-30-11 at 10:55 AM.
    08-30-11 10:44 AM

My feelings exactly.
    I know you said the SG2 has better battery life but still.
    I am also an Android fan but for that I have my Flyer Tablet.

No keyboardless phone will appeal to me more than my 9930. Not even the iPhone 5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-11 10:58 AM
    i would have to agree with you greg. I have also enjoyed your posts and i also will go with the galaxy s2 once my contract is over (or the nexus prime if it comes to sprint). i have barely heard of any problems with the s2 while the newest bolds... well just look at the forums here. even the s2 battery life is said to guarantee you a full day. just wish i could get it now...
    08-30-11 10:58 AM
    My feelings exactly.
    I know you said the SG2 has better battery life but still.
    I am also an Android fan but for that I have my Flyer Tablet.

No keyboardless phone will appeal to me more than my 9930. Not even the iPhone 5.

I never thought I would leave a physical keyboard either but am not a believer.

It is nice we all have choices as everyone see something different in each device.

i would have to agree with you greg. I have also enjoyed your posts and i also will go with the galaxy s2 once my contract is over (or the nexus prime if it comes to sprint). i have barely heard of any problems with the s2 while the newest bolds... well just look at the forums here. even the s2 battery life is said to guarantee you a full day. just wish i could get it now...
    I tried to wait till it came to AT&T but gave up and purchased an unbranded and unlocked device and it works perfectly on AT&T. Faster than ANY phone I have ever used. Even the most complicated of satellite maps move smooth as butter in any direction.

The battery is a non-issue as it runs all day with power to spare. I even have it checking mail every 5 minutes!
    08-30-11 11:05 AM
    I too have read many of Greg's post, and I too have been back and forth with Rim since the very begining. Being a member of blackberry forums then crackberry. I left rim in 2008 for the iphone, but found myself coming back and forth until 2009. Then stuck with the iphone since. I was lloking forward to the 9900 and couldnt wait to try it. I tried the rogers version first on AT&T, then bought the pre-sale through my company for T-mobile. The 9900 is a fine device if it would have come out in 2009 but now, late 2011, the os just cant compete. I sold my Rogers 9900 and returned my T-mobile 9900. I'm back on my iphone 4 awaiting the iphone 5.

I can see people really liking the Android os or the Apple ios, but cant really see people sticking it out with rim for to much longer. I look at the forums and they keep shrinking, developers are not making apps for the blackberry.

Whats so funny is, if there is any harsh words about a rim device in the media so many people here want to start banning the site like BGR or Engadget or any site that says anything bad about rim, its like you guys who like rim have blinders on. Do you think I really give a rats a** what anyone has to say about apple on mac forums, I read it and if its good its good, if the op doesnt know crap I just move on. Not here, you guys freak out. It is what it is, this platform is just about over. Why do you think rim will now soon be able to use android apps on there device? Because they have to in order to survive without being bought out which I think is coming late next year anyway.
    bhavi_jp and lssanjose like this.
    08-30-11 12:15 PM

I'm sorry if I can't feel the pain of a guy who has 3 expensive mobile phones and he doesn't know which one to keep using daily and keeps going back and forth between them.
    08-30-11 01:03 PM
    I'm sorry if I can't feel the pain of a guy who has 3 expensive mobile phones and he doesn't know which one to keep using daily and keeps going back and forth between them.
    No one asked for you to feel any pain!
    08-30-11 01:06 PM
    galaxy feels cheap in hand... i cant hold it for a couple seconds without putting it down.

sell ur bold on here for a cheap price please and help out your old commuity!!
    08-30-11 01:15 PM
    You are just used to a device that weight three times as much. I agree that I did not like the weight, but I did NOT put it down and the more I played the more I respected the SG2
    08-30-11 01:24 PM
    I too have read many of Greg's post, and I too have been back and forth with Rim since the very begining. Being a member of blackberry forums then crackberry. I left rim in 2008 for the iphone, but found myself coming back and forth until 2009. Then stuck with the iphone since. I was lloking forward to the 9900 and couldnt wait to try it. I tried the rogers version first on AT&T, then bought the pre-sale through my company for T-mobile. The 9900 is a fine device if it would have come out in 2009 but now, late 2011, the os just cant compete. I sold my Rogers 9900 and returned my T-mobile 9900. I'm back on my iphone 4 awaiting the iphone 5.

I can see people really liking the Android os or the Apple ios, but cant really see people sticking it out with rim for to much longer. I look at the forums and they keep shrinking, developers are not making apps for the blackberry.

Whats so funny is, if there is any harsh words about a rim device in the media so many people here want to start banning the site like BGR or Engadget or any site that says anything bad about rim, its like you guys who like rim have blinders on. Do you think I really give a rats a** what anyone has to say about apple on mac forums, I read it and if its good its good, if the op doesnt know crap I just move on. Not here, you guys freak out. It is what it is, this platform is just about over. Why do you think rim will now soon be able to use android apps on there device? Because they have to in order to survive without being bought out which I think is coming late next year anyway.
    +1

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    08-30-11 01:25 PM
    The science of fanboyism - The Tech Report

This should be required reading at CrackBerry.
    08-30-11 01:37 PM
    Nooooooooo greg don't gooooo

James Wang likes this.
    08-30-11 01:46 PM
    The science of fanboyism - The Tech Report

This should be required reading at CrackBerry.
    +1

Great article!
    08-30-11 01:52 PM
    No matter how good any phone is, Apple will not have any problems outselling it with iPhones.
    08-30-11 01:59 PM
    I find it amusing how members here feel the need to come and tell us their story of how and why they're leaving.

You wanna leave, just leave, you don't owe us or RIM anything and neither do we owe you anything!

Enjoy your Galaxy S2, physical keyboards FTW!
    08-30-11 02:24 PM
    I find it amusing how members here feel the need to come and tell us their story of how and why they're leaving.

You wanna leave, just leave, you don't owe us or RIM anything and neither do we owe you anything!

Well with four posts you could not have found it amusing that long!
    08-30-11 02:27 PM
    Well with four posts you could not have found it amusing that long!
    I know i'm new compared to you. I am not bashing you or anything. It just surprises me how I read many people post like you, I am leaving this, I am leaving that. I dont like my Torch

It's a god darn phone, you don't like it, change it and move one you won't win a trophy by posting here.

Hope I didn't offend you as that's not what I intended
    belfastdispatcher and Spawn12 like this.
    08-30-11 02:29 PM

Sheer preference on physical keyboards, or not

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    08-30-11 02:34 PM
    I know i'm new compared to you. I am not bashing you or anything. It just surprises me how I read many people post like you, I am leaving this, I am leaving that. I dont like my Torch

It's a god darn phone, you don't like it, change it and move one you won't win a trophy by posting here.

Hope I didn't offend you as that's not what I intended
    You could not offend me.
    08-30-11 02:40 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD