Things that make me happy that I got my Bold:

1-The Browser.
    Now I feel I have a nice browsing experience and that I don't have to wait till I get on my computer to do some browsing without having to pull my hair.

2-The Bigger Screen.
    I love how responsive it is, the great resolution and colors, bright, crisp and clear. I don't think I could go back to a smaller screen again.

3-The Keyboard.
    love it! On my 9780 I would sometimes get tired of writing e-mails or editing text. Sometimes my thumbs would hurt! Now I feel really good typing long emails or editing documents.

4-The Mobile Hotspot feature.
    A couple of weeks ago my home internet went down for a whole week and I didn't even miss it. I also got to share my internet with other family members.

5-Easy email account set up and integration.

6-The Design and materials.
    Love how the phone looks and feels in my hands and the materials it is made of.

7-Documents to go.
    With the combination of the great keyboard and the bigger screen I find myself more often using my BB as a text processor.

8- OS7, in general and all those little improvements that it brought.

9-Call quality and reception is good.
    People hear me well and I hear them well. No call dropping so far.

(Isn't it funny that sometimes one of the last things you think of about your phone is, well, that first of all, it is a PHONE ? lol

Things That used to annoy me about my Bold 9900 that are not a problem anymore:

1-Squeaky Keys
    I never had a phone with squeaky keys right out of the box so this was a very annoying issue for me but it just went away by itself in a couple of weeks.

2-The Phone getting hot
    When I first got my Bold It really used to bother me how hot it would get.(You could fry an egg on it). I read on the forums that it was because of the faster processor so I thought I'd just have to live with that. I remember it was after the second OS upgrade (still 7.0) the phone stopped getting that hot and now it only does when I use the mobile hotspot option.

Things that I'm still not happy about.

1-Youtube Video Streaming.
    One of the reasons I wanted the Bold 9900 is because I wanted to watch Youtube videos on a bigger screen, but I was surprised how awful this turned out to be. I Had a curve 8900 and watching Youtube on it was smooth , so it really shocked me that on a Flagship device it was such a painful experience. I can still watch Youtube well on wifi but in my country there isn't wifi everywhere on the streets or in public places. I have to rely on my carrier's internet, which is one of the reasons I got an unlimited BB plan.

2-The Camera:
    I'm sorry for those of you who say that the camera is great but for me it sucks. I also find that there is a problem with color saturation. I could use my Bold 9780 as a picture scanner and even to take pics of documents but this is impossible on my 9900.

My curve 8900 also took great pics so I just don't understand this! I don't care if the user only intends to take pics of his/her garden gnome, a flagship device should have a great camera.

3-Battery life.
    I've read posts from users who say that they get a couple of days out of one full charge but that doesn't happen to me. Yeah you can adjust backlight brightness down to 10, turn bluetooth, wifi and a hundred other things off, have 2g on instead of 3g or 4g, etc. But then why include so many things on a phone just to have to limit them?

I don't care if Battery life is worse on your Iphone or Android! Still not happy!

4-Dust under screen.
    I take good care of my phone and still see that every time there is more and more dust under the screen.

I won't talk about apps or games since I don't use many. I have like 4 games and 11 third party apps and that's all and they work well.

Overall, I have been really enjoying my Bold and don't regret buying it. Looking forward to BB10. =)
    Last edited by Jberry32; 06-27-12 at 09:06 AM.
    06-27-12 08:57 AM
    Things that make me happy that I got my Bold:

1-The Browser.
    Now I feel I have a nice browsing experience and that I don't have to wait till I get on my computer to do some browsing without having to pull my hair.

2-The Bigger Screen.
    I love how responsive it is, the great resolution and colors, bright, crisp and clear. I don't think I could go back to a smaller screen again.

3-The Keyboard.
    love it! On my 9780 I would sometimes get tired of writing e-mails or editing text. Sometimes my thumbs would hurt! Now I feel really good typing long emails or editing documents.

4-The Mobile Hotspot feature.
    A couple of weeks ago my home internet went down for a whole week and I didn't even miss it. I also got to share my internet with other family members.

5-Easy email account set up and integration.

6-The Design and materials.
    Love how the phone looks and feels in my hands and the materials it is made of.

7-Documents to go.
    With the combination of the great keyboard and the bigger screen I find myself more often using my BB as a text processor.

8- OS7, in general and all those little improvements that it brought.

9-Call quality and reception is good.
    People hear me well and I hear them well. No call dropping so far.

(Isn't it funny that sometimes one of the last things you think of about your phone is, well, that first of all, it is a PHONE ? lol

1-Squeaky Keys
    I never had a phone with squeaky keys right out of the box so this was a very annoying issue for me but it just went away by itself in a couple of weeks.

2-The Phone getting hot
    When I first got my Bold It really used to bother me how hot it would get.(You could fry an egg on it). I read on the forums that it was because of the faster processor so I thought I'd just have to live with that. I remember it was after the second OS upgrade (still 7.0) the phone stopped getting that hot and now it only does when I use the mobile hotspot option.

Things that I'm still not happy about.

1-Youtube Video Streaming.
    One of the reasons I wanted the Bold 9900 is because I wanted to watch Youtube videos on a bigger screen, but I was surprised how awful this turned out to be. I Had a curve 8900 and watching Youtube on it was smooth , so it really shocked me that on a Flagship device it was such a painful experience. I can still watch Youtube well on wifi but in my country there isn't wifi everywhere on the streets or in public places. I have to rely on my carrier's internet, which is one of the reasons I got an unlimited BB plan.

2-The Camera:
    I'm sorry for those of you who say that the camera is great but for me it sucks. I also find that there is a problem with color saturation. I could use my Bold 9780 as a picture scanner and even to take pics of documents but this is impossible on my 9900.

My curve 8900 also took great pics so I just don't understand this! I don't care if the user only intends to take pics of his/her garden gnome, a flagship device should have a great camera.

3-Battery life.
    I've read posts from users who say that they get a couple of days out of one full charge but that doesn't happen to me. Yeah you can adjust backlight brightness down to 10, turn bluetooth, wifi and a hundred other things off, have 2g on instead of 3g or 4g, etc. But then why include so many things on a phone just to have to limit them?

I don't care if Battery life is worse on your Iphone or Android! Still not happy!

4-Dust under screen.
    I take good care of my phone and still see that every time there is more and more dust under the screen.

I won't talk about apps or games since I don't use many. I have like 4 games and 11 third party apps and that's all and they work well.

Overall, I have been really enjoying my Bold and don't regret buying it. Looking forward to BB10. =)
    Nice review. Battery life is the 9930's biggest problem. Mine is dead after 7hrs of use. I gave up on charging all the time. I simpley let it die until night time. Its embarassing
    06-27-12 09:12 AM
    Call me crazy, but I actually like the Youtube streaming on my 9930.
    Quality isn't as good as my iPhone BUT
    Youtube on my iPhone is complete crap. It always freezes.
    Youtube on my 9930 never freezes and thats what I love about it lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-27-12 09:35 AM
    Nice review. Battery life is the 9930's biggest problem. Mine is dead after 7hrs of use. I gave up on charging all the time. I simpley let it die until night time. Its embarassing
    What OS are you running? My work 9930(Sprint) has terrible battery life compared to my personal 9900(AT&T)... but it is because Sprint service sucks and constantly is draining my battery trying to find/keep a signal.
    06-27-12 09:39 AM
    Agree with all of the OP's good points. Haven't seen his bad points (I REALLY like YouTube on the 9900), though I'll agree I'd prefer battery life to be better.
    06-27-12 09:39 AM

CRAZYYY!! Just kidding!
    Anyway, on mine it only works well on wifi, with my phone internet you can watch 2 seconds of video then the image gets all messed up for a while, then you can watch a little more, then it's messed up again. It sucks!
    06-27-12 10:05 AM
    It sucks to have a smaller battery, but I still would choose the BB9900 over any phone on the market now. Plus battery issues can be solved with additional batteries or external chargers.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-27-12 10:12 AM

2-The Phone getting hot

Upgrade your OS to the latest .523 and you will be amazed at how cool the battery now runs.

No BS, try it and see !!!
    Jberry32 likes this.
    06-27-12 11:18 AM
    What OS are you running? My work 9930(Sprint) has terrible battery life compared to my personal 9900(AT&T)... but it is because Sprint service sucks and constantly is draining my battery trying to find/keep a signal.
    Yeah, I guess it depends where you live. My Sprint coverage is great so I don't have that problem & my battery lasts all day.
    06-27-12 08:48 PM

Even better quality when you are on wifi
    06-28-12 12:26 AM
    For taking closeups of documents, change the shooting mode to "text" and zoom in all the way. Holding the phone further back and using zoom instead will make the text much clearer. Not as good as auto focus of course, but this is the general workaround for us 99xx owners.
    06-28-12 09:25 AM
    Jberry32..... You have been 'liked'
    Nice and well thought out.
    Jberry32 likes this.
    06-28-12 09:36 AM
    Forgot to add that I hate that you can't remove the memory card without having to pull out the battery.
    06-29-12 03:54 PM
    Forgot to add that I hate that you can't remove the memory card without having to pull out the battery.
    well you actually can, it's just a bit tricky, i've done it several times, all you have to do is pick up the battery from the top, and make sure to keep pushing it to the bottom, that way battery is always making contact with the cellphone in the contact area, release the memory with the other hand and put battery back inside. to put it back in is actually easier.

about the YouTube videos, i completley agree.
    06-29-12 06:30 PM
    Impressive thread, very good points overall...
    07-12-12 12:09 PM
    I totally agree with your points. Especially that YouTube part annoys me, even on several Wi-Fi connections I suffer from videos randomly being sped up and some screen lagg while watching a YouTube video. Tried several OS'es
    Thanks for your review!
    07-12-12 05:12 PM
    Great points.
    07-13-12 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD