The phone is still slow compared to android devices. BB World downloads still stop and go. The problem is the single core and old OS core. The menu, OS feels exactly like OS6, I don't see any new features other than new icons and touch functionality, which was already there. This phone is what should have been 2 years ago....
    09-25-11 06:13 AM
    So this bb(9900) Had Nearly one Month ,, So for those who bought it .. What do you think ?
    Pros and Cons ? You are Having Problems with it ? what is the most insane thing about it , what do you hate mostly about it ? are you regretting buying one ? or you are just more then Happy ?
    I don't know Really .. Just Show us your Story , your Feelings with Blackberry 9900 ;D
    09-25-11 07:17 AM
    If anyone regrets buying it, I will trade you my HTC Thunderbolt for it!
    09-25-11 07:21 AM
    Really enjoy using this Berry. I can now say I also browse on my phone! Haven't had any issues that weren't caused by user error. Wasn't sure about the touch/board combo, but actually helps in execution and navigation. I have a very strong carrier signal where I live and call quality is excellent.
    09-25-11 07:41 AM
    ...Hungary 2, stock OS, very happy, no problems to speak of, smooth transition from 9780 (via Protect backup), the apps I wanted are almost all there and working, battery is fine, all told it's pretty much all I want / need in a phone. Just wish the Theme Studio would be updated ASAP so developers could start working on their own updates and new stuff.
    Hey, a cheerful and satisfied post on a forum!!
    09-25-11 07:42 AM
    After reading the forums on battery life and other issues my expectations weren't all that high. But after about 3 weeks with mine I could not be any happier! This truly is the best BlackBerry I have ever personally owned. I have used the Bold 9000, Tour, Torch, Curve, the old scroller wheel berries. Absolutely no question in my mind the best! Battery life for me is important as I will charge overnight and then use it all day on the farm. Whether on the farm or out in the field there isn't much chance for me to charge throughout the day. After about two charging cycles on the phone it now lasts me a full day with batt. left to spare! Works great with my PlayBook and have had no issues with it! Very happy BB'er!!
    09-25-11 08:08 AM
    I had a signal issue with mine, had it replaced and to be honest the replacement is not much better. Other phones, wifes, kids, in the house all get a better signal with the same carrier.....other than that, nice piece of kit..
    09-25-11 08:24 AM
    No issues with mine and still loving it!
    09-25-11 08:52 AM
    Just moved back from my IP4 to the 9900 yesterday and I'm happy so far.. The 9900 sure does scream!
    09-25-11 09:10 AM
    I can now say I also browse on my phone!
    Same here... I've had other BlackBerry phones in the past and I rarely used the browser, when I did, it was probably just crackberry.com, browser was the least used app on my previous phones. Now with this phone I'm online all the time, I use the browser more than all the other apps combined.
    09-25-11 09:31 AM
    PMSL good luck with that offer...

Absolutely love mine, sure its not as fancy as Androidbut then i use my phone as a phone and not as a toy...i have an ip4 for that

Best BB ever??...****ing **** yes...cant wait to see what they do with the 9900 in the future ie add QNX and maybe a more beefed up cpu with RAM but hopefully a higher capacity battery.
    MetalxAssassinx likes this.
    09-25-11 09:49 AM
    After 3 weeks I still don't need to put my micro sim back in my iphone 4 which is a good sign!! I really love it, and like other people said, this is the best blackberry ever made!

Sent from my Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-25-11 10:33 AM
    So this bb(9900) Had Nearly one Month ,, So for those who bought it .. What do you think ?
    Pros and Cons ? You are Having Problems with it ? what is the most insane thing about it , what do you hate mostly about it ? are you regretting buying one ? or you are just more then Happy ?
    I don't know Really .. Just Show us your Story , your Feelings with Blackberry 9900 ;D
    Welcome newbie....But why are we still seeing these same posts every week now?

The phone rocks-STILL...Haven't you figured this out yet?
    09-25-11 10:38 AM
    LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I see you chrisy.
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-25-11 10:39 AM
    Still love it as much as I did on day 1. Battery life seems to have improved or maybe I have gotten used to it. It is still fast even though I have downloaded multiple games. I'm totally satisfied with it and am glad I got it the day it came out.
    09-25-11 10:49 AM
    Really enjoy the 9930 on Verizon. Haven't had any issues, signal is good and battery lasts the full day. Have most of the apps I'd like, I do hope there will be more apps for this phone in the future-it's a great phone!
    09-25-11 10:57 AM
    I still love my 9900 like the day i got it Sure i had issues with battery life, but i also had issued with OS6 on my 9700 when i first got that phone. I learned to work around them instead of against them and will wait for updates that enable UMA, 3G only option, and better battery life.
    09-25-11 11:03 AM
    3 words only.....

I l o v e it!!!!
    09-25-11 02:36 PM
    i love my 9930. i had all of the older curves, and tour for about a year and a half. But I really love my bold, the internet is so fast and the OS is just crazy. I also had to return my original bold 9930 for another one cause it kept restarting but I am still happy.
    09-25-11 03:03 PM
    I absolutely can't stand the fact that it is so Awesome, I cannot put it down! Hahaha!
    Seriously though, I have been on a 8330 for almost 2 years and enjoyed that despite its limitations. And would have been happy even if the 9930 had been less than what it is. Everyday I get more and more comfortable with this thing. And everyday I am even more impressed. Way to go RIM, I think you are really onto something now. Thank you so much!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-11 04:10 PM
    Loving my 9930 on VZW! It handles everything I throw at it with ease. My only complaint is that I can't get Kindle to work on it. All the other apps that I use on a regular basis are no problem. Other than a native Kindle app, "I'm loving it"!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-11 05:53 PM
    I went from the 9700 to an iPhone 4, and now to the 9900. I'm really disappointed. First with the battery life. The first few days I had it, I would pull it off charge at 5am, use Bluetooth for the drive in, it sits at my desk for work (didn't have anyone on BBM yet) and then when I left to go home at 6pm it was at 6% battery life. Just from sitting at my desk, no wifi, no Bluetooth. So after looking around here, I updated the OS version to .353 from SK Telecom. That helped a bit, as well as changing polling of FB to once every half hour and removing the amazon mp3 inbedded program. For the same time frame with a couple of people on BBM, that took me to 50% by 6pm. Still not great in my opinion, I actually get better battery life on my iPhone 4. And I thought my iPhone was sh*t compared to my Bold 9700. The screen quality is still poor for rendering true colours and tonal shades, this where the iPhone4 really shines (I'm photographer in addition to my day job). Surfing wifi is almost as fast as the iPhone, but surfing via the carrier is much slower. The touch screen response and accuracy of where I'm touching vs. selection is pretty bad compared to the iPhone4.

I'm debating whether to sell this phone and go back to my iPhone.
    09-25-11 06:20 PM
    Welcome newbie....But why are we still seeing these same posts every week now?

The phone rocks-STILL...Haven't you figured this out yet?

Well ,, it is hard here to buy phones because our Carriers sucks that don't offer us phones and stuff , so i need to buy a phone unlocked already , and that costs a lot :P

so i just want to be sure that there is no problems with that bb , im also confused of it and of 9810(Torch) because im kind of a media person :P

and also im afraid about the QNX Upgrade for RIM it is Ripping me off X_X

However thanks for coming by ;p (Y)
    09-26-11 07:48 AM
    I went from the 9700 to an iPhone 4, and now to the 9900. I'm really disappointed. First with the battery life. The first few days I had it, I would pull it off charge at 5am, use Bluetooth for the drive in, it sits at my desk for work (didn't have anyone on BBM yet) and then when I left to go home at 6pm it was at 6% battery life. Just from sitting at my desk, no wifi, no Bluetooth. So after looking around here, I updated the OS version to .353 from SK Telecom. That helped a bit, as well as changing polling of FB to once every half hour and removing the amazon mp3 inbedded program. For the same time frame with a couple of people on BBM, that took me to 50% by 6pm. Still not great in my opinion, I actually get better battery life on my iPhone 4. And I thought my iPhone was sh*t compared to my Bold 9700. The screen quality is still poor for rendering true colours and tonal shades, this where the iPhone4 really shines (I'm photographer in addition to my day job). Surfing wifi is almost as fast as the iPhone, but surfing via the carrier is much slower. The touch screen response and accuracy of where I'm touching vs. selection is pretty bad compared to the iPhone4.

I'm debating whether to sell this phone and go back to my iPhone.

Man for you .. im gonna tell you buy an Android !! , your Case is Different from others , like me .. i want it for its Keyboard and BBM and how Easy Social Networks works in it , Plus its BIS is soo amazing for me , without mention the Media part ,, but your Case is Different
    Buy something like Galaxy S2 , Fast , Easy , and the Display is Shinny , the only problem that the battery, it kinda Sucks .. but well .. Good luck
    09-26-11 07:59 AM
    i got mine the second day of release from rogers and unlocked it to use on att in the states, and i have had no problems. I am coming from the iPhone 4 and my wife still has the iPhone. When i use hers, i hate it, too narrow, just doesn't feel as good in the hand. I use a phone for work, emails, texting, and quick browsing. Thats why i got ride of the iPhone, i don't play games and i missed the keyboard.

Mine was made in Mexico, no battery problems, stock OS, and love it. I feel with going to this phone, don't expect a whole new BB, they are going to stick to what they do, if you want games and a screen get an iPhone of the touch torch. This is for the form factor keyboard lovers and thats it. ITS NOT AN IPHONE! If you want one, then get one, don't expect this phone for any BB to match up to the iPhone, its not going to
    09-26-11 08:04 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD