Is there a way to make the mobile the default instead of the work option?I don't know if I was able to express myself well but hope someone gets me
    09-10-11 03:14 PM
    You can't do so in the OS. But there is 3rd app(s) which will allow you choose which slot to copy the phone number to.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    09-10-11 03:24 PM
    Do they work with OS 7?
    09-10-11 03:27 PM
    Depends, some apps I had for OS 6 do work and some I can not find any OTA's to even try.
    09-10-11 03:36 PM
    In OS 7, you can just change the phone number type (home, work, mobile) instead of having to copy and paste.

To the OP, do you see that option in your contacts?
    09-10-11 04:12 PM
    What do you mean by that?
    09-10-11 04:26 PM
    Do you see the option to just change the TYPE of phone number instead of having to copy and paste between the fields?

09-10-11 05:50 PM
    LoL. I think the OP already knows this...
    When adding a number for a contact, it defaults to a "work" number instead of a "mobile" number. Then, you have to manually change it to a "mobile" number if that is the preferred choice. The OP is looking for a way to set the default as a "mobile" number when adding a number to a contact so he does not have to go into the contact and change it to a mobile number. This cannot be done currently with the native OS and has to be done with a 3rd party app.

John provided the correct answer for the OP...
    You can't do so in the OS. But there is 3rd app(s) which will allow you choose which slot to copy the phone number to.
    I would recommend a search for "contacts", "add to contact", and so on to find an OS7 compatible application to do this.

HTH

EDIT: I did a CB search for "add to contacts" and found BlackContacts. I chose the OS7 9900/9930 compatible version as it seems to be the most popular recently. I do see the new Style and Torches list as well. Not sure what device you have though from your profile listing a Pearl. Also I'm still not sure if it can be set to a default number automatically, but you can't go wrong for $1.49.
    http://software.crackberry.com/produ...act-management

From the description...
    Features (detailed):
    1) Add to existing Contact - New menu item that can add a new phone number to a new or existing contact, no more copy and paste. The phone type can be selected (Home, Work, Mobile, ...) and if a number already exists for that selection it will be replaced (with user confirmation). Numbers can be added to new or existing contacts from: Phone application, Call log entry list, SMS messages or any field containing a number. The "Add to existing Contact" menu item is integrated into system menus so it's quick and easy to access without opening BlackContacts application.
    2) Import Contact info - New menu item that will add a contact information to an email, sms, calendar event, memo or task. From these applications, using a menu item, the user can select a contact (from the Address book) and a profile for import (Name & first phone; Name, EMail & phones; All public info; Custom profile where the user can specify the fields). After the profile selection, the user can paste the desired information anywhere and as many times as it's needed using the Shift + Navigation button shortcut. The "Import Contact info" menu item is integrated into system menus so it's quick and easy to access without opening BlackContacts application.
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 09-10-11 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Added link...
    09-10-11 06:15 PM
    Perhaps, but in previous OS versions, you had to manually copy and paste the phone number from one field to the other.

Now that's no longer necessary. It's simple to just click the field and change the type and save it. It takes 2 seconds or less. Much easier than previous versions and without the need for anything else.
    09-11-11 09:25 PM
    Yep. Quite true. And, personally I think that with the new "add to existing contact" feature in OS7 it makes things a whole lot easier and better; however, unfortunately the OP is looking for something automated as per the topic of this specific thread.

Personal choice I guess...
    09-12-11 02:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD