Hi all, new to the forums and wasnt exactly sure where to post this. I recently wanted to upgrade my 9700 to the 9900 however found out Rogers changed it from 2 years to 2.5. After calling them to complain, cuz when I bought my phone 2 years ago, you would be eligible for upgrade after 2 years, they said they would allow me to upgrade through them, and they would mail me my new phone. So the pricing goes as follows, $200 for the hardware, approx $25 in tax and $35 administration fee. Is the administration fee standard for everyone? I don't remember such a thing so was just wondering if they were trying to get an extra $35 out of me.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice!
    09-14-11 01:45 AM
    its standard, but it is possible to get them to give you a credit for it. you should also try to get a credit for the phone. i called them and got a $40 credit for the phone within 10 seconds.
    09-14-11 02:08 AM
    [QUOTE=yauchunh;6675042]its standard, but it is possible to get them to give you a credit for it. you should also try to get a credit for the phone. i called them and got a $40 credit for the phone within 10 seconds.[/QUOTE

wow so you got them to credit back the admin fee and 40 for the phone?? that's a pretty descent deal, I'd take that deal. How did you bargain ur way into that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-11 02:20 AM
    They're not able to wave the $35 fee, but they can give you an equivalent credit (eg: they gave me a $12 credit on my account for 3 months). Not sure if regular customer support have ability to do this though. The trick is to get to Customer Relations (aka Retention). Just tell support that you would like to close your account over this fee and to transfer you.
    09-14-11 09:07 AM
    If you call and complain saying that the dealer didn't mention it they will wave it. Just make the call and it will be removed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-11 09:36 AM
    Just call and complain saying there are several ads for cheaper 9900's from other carriers. I got the $35 fee credited back to me as well as a $50 credit on the phone from $200, so I paid $150. I now hear some ads on the radio for 9900's on 3yr for $99.
    09-14-11 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD