Hello all experts.

For the last week, I have been using the Bold 9900.

Scenario: I have been texting back-and-forth with a friend of mine. I like the way how it keeps all the messages in a group and I just have to enter my response at the bottom and away it goes.

BUT, I want to add another recipient to the lastest text-message that I am sending and that is part of the afore-mentioned text thread. There is no way for me to do that. This conversational style of sending text messages prevents me from adding another person (or two) to the conversation.

(In my previous BOLD 9000 phone, I could easily add another recipient before sending out ANY text-message.)

Any ideas?

Thanx in advance,

--d.
    01-14-12 02:55 AM
    I think all you do is compose a text message and in the TO text field box you choose one contact (as it goes to auto text entry) and then another TO field box comes up.

Or just copy the latest text message and paste it into a new text message to your second recipient.

That way you will have two convos going.
    01-14-12 12:31 PM
    That is a step backward.

I already have a conversation going.

Why can I not add another person to it...??

And why does the TO: field not show up at the top...??

--d.
    01-14-12 12:35 PM
    You cannot add anyone to the "conversation". That's just the way that it is now.

In your previous 9000, you did not have group SMS "conversations" which is why you could add someone.

If you need group messaging, then you probably need to use a different medium such as email or instant messaging.
    01-14-12 01:03 PM
    I am sorry that I did not check up on this feature before I bought the 9900.

To me it seemed a simple enough feature that has been around a long long time, to not warrant a specific check-up on before purchase.

Oh well. I guess this is all part of the reason for BB's demise that folks are talking about.

Thanx for the responses.

--d.
    01-14-12 01:08 PM
    I am sorry that I did not check up on this feature before I bought the 9900.

To me it seemed a simple enough feature that has been around a long long time, to not warrant a specific check-up on before purchase.

Oh well. I guess this is all part of the reason for BB's demise that folks are talking about.

Thanx for the responses.

--d.
    I'm sorry, but this comment shows a complete lack of knowledge and awareness.
    01-14-12 01:12 PM
    To you it might...(are you ignorant too or just naive??)

Thanx for the personal attack. <== being sarcastic here.

--d.
    01-14-12 01:17 PM
    That's just not how it works, once you add a second person to a conversation it becomes a new conversation with the two or more contacts. Sure it's a few extra steps to get it started but from that point every sms you send in that conversation will be sent to both contacts without having to add the second contact again.
    driven13 likes this.
    01-14-12 01:38 PM
    So it basically becomes group sms chat from that point on with all messages in a separate thread.
    01-14-12 01:42 PM
    Thanx for the response belfastdispatcher.

But how do I add a second person to an ongoing conversation??

--d.
    01-14-12 01:43 PM
    Thanx for the response belfastdispatcher.

But how do I add a second person to an ongoing conversation??

--d.
    You can't, that's the point, it becomes a new conversation.

Click on the date bar between the messages and select compose. If you choose a contact that you already have a conversation on with the thread of messages will show up. However, once you add the second person it will dissapear an a new thread will be created leaving the previous conversation separate. Does that make sense? Try it

The BB is better, other platforms need apps for group sms chat
    driven13 likes this.
    01-14-12 01:49 PM
    This is what you will see, a new convo thread, even though I have separate conversations with both these contacts.
    driven13 likes this.
    01-14-12 01:52 PM
    Thanx for the positive response and guidance.

I tried it and, even though it is not perfect, I will use this method.

The BB is better, other platforms need apps for group sms chat
    100% agree. Even though I may gripe about it (in a half-decent way) I still went out and spent a bunch of money on this new 9900. I plan to keep it, just like I have been for the last many years.

Thanx again....

--d.
    01-14-12 01:53 PM
    This is what it will look like, notice the separate threads. .

Believe me, this way it will save any confusion or accidental messages.
    01-14-12 01:57 PM
    To you it might...(are you ignorant too or just naive??)

Thanx for the personal attack. <== being sarcastic here.

--d.
    No personal attack from me (although you sunk to that level).

I was making an observation about the comment not about the person.
    01-14-12 02:32 PM
    Here's another solution, in contacts you can create Groups so if you have a group of people you need to chat with often you can quickly compose an sms to all of them and get the chat going.
    driven13 likes this.
    01-14-12 03:58 PM
    This is what you will see, a new convo thread, even though I have separate conversations with both these contacts.
    Yeah, that's exactly what I was trying to explain
    driven13 likes this.
    01-14-12 04:42 PM
    Thank you both.

I see the value in this now and will adopt it.

--d.
    01-14-12 10:46 PM
    @switchbeach: This thread is done. Someone more qualified than you helped me.

Please go away as you are not adding to any of this.

Thanx.
    01-14-12 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD