I Had my Bold 9900 4 months, in the beginning it was working fine. after 2 months the phone has started bricking itself after overnight charging or after a low battery drop and than trying to charge. It has Bricked 5 Times and I revived it with different methods. Spending Long hours and some times nights. But now It is Dead. Does not want to start Up at all. Laying on my Desk here.
    Give it mouth to mou.. uh... Keyboard.
    02-29-12 07:31 AM
    Pcgizmo, this is a necroposted old thread. Its not new.
    Well, if I had to choose between a new thread and a necro'd thread, I guess this is the lesser of two facepalms!
    reeneebob likes this.
    02-29-12 07:35 AM
    Well, if I had to choose between a new thread and a necro'd thread, I guess this is the lesser of two facepalms!
    Agreed. Old threads are better. Big old threads. Wish people would use the search function more. (Forum ediequit needs more practice)
    02-29-12 02:29 PM
    Agreed. Old threads are better. Big old threads. Wish people would use the search function more. (Forum ediequit needs more practice)
    When did Edie quit? I thought he was going to work there for years.
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-01-12 07:10 AM
    (Forum ediequit etiquette needs more practice)
    Your spelling needs more practice Brian
    03-01-12 08:02 AM
    Hi guys just joined and was wondering if you would be able to answerthis question fro me .
    my old blacberry bold died and it was sent back to tmobile who then issued me with a new blackberry so obv a new pin.

What i wanted to know is what happens to the data on the old pin. and more importantly if i was bbm'ing someone who has there phone settings saved to save bbm conversations would they now be DELETED for good off of their phone or would they still have copys of the messages even tho my pin has been sent back to the phone company and been destroyed as the fone was beyond repair..

please can you try help
    much appreciated guys
    03-01-12 08:10 AM
    Hi guys just joined and was wondering if you would be able to answerthis question fro me .
    my old blacberry bold died and it was sent back to tmobile who then issued me with a new blackberry so obv a new pin.

What i wanted to know is what happens to the data on the old pin. and more importantly if i was bbm'ing someone who has there phone settings saved to save bbm conversations would they now be DELETED for good off of their phone or would they still have copys of the messages even tho my pin has been sent back to the phone company and been destroyed as the fone was beyond repair..

please can you try help
    much appreciated guys
    You'll have to contact the person and have them remove the old pin and then add the new pin. The old messages will remain too.
    03-01-12 04:26 PM
    Your spelling needs more practice Brian
    Ahh, yes. It's a shame my blackberry doesn't know that one word I tried spelling.
    03-01-12 04:27 PM
    This is concerning. Does the bricking occur when the battery dies and the BB doesn't have a consistent file structure? Like when a computer hard drive needs Chkdsk run against it?
    03-01-12 04:35 PM
    No one knows why it occurs...RIM does but won't say why. It just does for some, but not for others. It's probably not hardware of software that differentiates why some users brick phones and other's don't. It's more likely user dependant. I say that because I see some here who have bricked many 9900's in a 4-7 month period...and others who have never bricked a device, so what does that say to you?
    03-01-12 10:58 PM
    No one knows why it occurs...RIM does but won't say why. It just does for some, but not for others. It's probably not hardware of software that differentiates why some users brick phones and other's don't. It's more likely user dependant. I say that because I see some here who have bricked many 9900's in a 4-7 month period...and others who have never bricked a device, so what does that say to you?
    User error would be my best guess. It could also be people saying it bricked when it was just nuked and a simple fix would be to search for the howto threads and then restore their decide. Bricked is also probably water damage and trying to get it working when it's still wet. That is a VERY bad idea or thing to do.
    03-01-12 11:03 PM
    I think people who post here would know the difference, especially if there was a "simple fix". I owned 9930 for only 4 days, and it died on me twice. It went back to Verizon, along with my contract cancellation request. Once with a blinking red light, and once with a blinking yellow/orange light. In one case I had over %50 battery and the in the latter %20. Either case, %20 should not be a critical level. If the stand by is rated 10 hours, %20 should still give you 2 hours of stand by.

I think it is very wrong to guess "User Error". Most of those users who would be "newbie enough" to think a "frozen phone is same as bricked phone" would not have the ability to cause any user error that would result in getting a totally unresponsive blackberry. Simply put, those users would only be doing what is offered by the phone, nothing more.

Otherwise, if RIM is so sure that it is caused by 3rd Party apps/add-ons or user error, then there should be some sort of log that users could review, and find out what exactly happened right before phone went to deep sleep.

I have been on my 9700 for over 30 months, and I never had it completely die on me, unless there was a memory issue.
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    03-01-12 11:55 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD