i have had my bold 9900 a little more than 4 weeks now, and the battery is unreal.
    out of the box i upgraded to .540,i started with about 10/11 hours. then it went down to 8 hours without doing anything apart from average amount of texts/bbms and abit of internet browsing. so i upgraded to .585 to see if this helped. it got even worst with my battery only lasting around 5/6 hours without barely doing anything. i decided to downgrade to .540 again.
    i've deleted all the apps i dont use, im purchasing a 1500mAh battery that is said to help by around 15% and the nokia charger which is said to help with battery life too! but im on the point of giving up, i dont really have the money to keep buying batteries and chargers, nor do i want to! i've altered screen brightness to 50 also. im just wondering, is there anything else that i can try to improve my battery? im going to try my old curve charger to night as i have heard of that working too. sorry for making another thread on this but i just wanted to see if my exact situation had any difference?
    tips welcome, many thanks!
    01-03-12 08:02 PM
    set your screen brightness to bare minimum. i dont see why you would need your blackberry to be so bright anyways. i have it on 10, and it seems to last me and 8-12 hours. my screen is not barely visible and it seems fine to me.

your brightness is probably what is killing your battery. also turn off any other connections when you're not using them, i.e. wifi, bluetooth. also, LED color identifiers use a lot of battery as well.
    01-03-12 08:33 PM
    im still using .540 and getting reasonable performance. i have score mobile, facebook updates, backlight at 20, bridged to playbook multiple times a day for 20 mins avg, wifi on all the time, also im on my phone alot alot for sms.

see pic of this weeks battery performance.

your situation sounds strange unless your use greatly differs from others.
    01-03-12 08:33 PM
    i never use bluetooth, my wifi and network is always on but i use them 90% of the time.
    i just cant see why my battery is so bad? even on a 'good day' i get 8 hours without doing much apart from texts, bbm and abit of browsing.
    my screen brightness ive moved down to 40, but i cant see this being the difference of `12-18 hours of battery.
    im just running out of ideas with it!
    01-03-12 08:49 PM
    do u have the option to borrow another battery and make sure you dont have some issue with that?

after that possibly reload os and see if something from the get go with your last update was bad.
    01-03-12 08:56 PM
    Try coming to OS update .590 its amazing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-12 08:57 PM
    well i am ordering a battery which is 1500 mAh apprently and its mean't to help, so ill give that a try! and Well, when i tried to upgrade to 590 before i want back to .540 it said the file was broken, and wouldn't let me install it.
    thanks for the advice so far guys!
    01-03-12 09:04 PM
    ive just adjusted the brightness to 10%. going to leave it overnight cause its on 90% charge now, so i want to see how it holds up overnight without any usage. and then tomorrow ill charge it with the curve charger, as i have heard that this helps sometimes.
    01-03-12 09:13 PM
    When I had the 9700 I would always charge it overnight with the phone off. But I have noticed that my 9900 battery lasts a good deal longer if I charge it with the phone on. I don't know why that is (slower charging?), but there is a definite difference for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-03-12 11:06 PM
    I gave up at my 9900BB.
    After the 3rd replacement under warranty, my phone is on sale. Too many problems regarding the device to consider keeping this crap. I went back to my 9700 for now, and i am seriously thinking going for iphone or android.
    I ever tryed 1400mAh battery from Momax. Unfortunatelly, nothing significant!
    01-04-12 01:05 AM
    I am seriously considering switching to. It would really be a shame if I had to get rid of this phone, as I love the keyboard, touchscreen and the bigger screen size. But at the end of the day if I never have battery to use the thing, it is all abit pointless! I'm going to wait for my new battery, use a different charger and then see what happens, if it is still bad I think I'll be returning to my white 9780!
    01-04-12 08:10 AM
    Did you do a device transfer when you originally got the phone?
    If not, I'd go with a bad app.

My suggestion would be to re-load the OS you feel most comfortable with, do only a selective restore (if at all) - contacts, msgs, with no settings... Run it for a few days without loading any 3rd party apps and see how you get on. With light usage you should easily be able to get 24hrs (assuming strong reception in your area).
    01-04-12 08:33 AM
    I agree it sucks! I never even checked my battery before, forget those apps!
    I have been a maniac trying to settle my battery. But now its awesome! However, i am not sure if it was worth it...
    01-04-12 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD