I have a 9 months old Volkswagen with the latest car-firmware applied. My 9780 used to connect and transfer it's phone book without a problem. Calling was working very well.
    Not so my new 9900: it connects to the car's BT system, but then the systems says "phone book couldn't be uploaded - unavailable".
    I have a Vodafone 9900 with .269 firmware. Can't install the newer version, as V. doesn't offer it yet.
    Question: does anyone have made experiences (good or bad) with a 99xx hooked up to a Volkswagen Bluetooth handsfree?
    Can anyone confirm that a newer BB firmware (.440?) works?
    10-19-11 03:23 PM
    10-19-11 04:05 PM
    Forgot to mention: I'm on BIS, not on BES.
    10-19-11 04:09 PM
    Hmmm...Here is another possibility.

I just got mine solved, I hope....so far so good and best progress to date.
    THANKS to Kj5Scott who posted this in vwaudiforum.com and audizine.com!
    As above, my BB Bold 9000 is on latest OS and policy restricted. Try this:
    (you might only have to do 3-6 but listing all to be safe)
    1. With your audi turned on and connected via bluetooth, on the BB disconnect and delete the pairing. Mine says Audi UHV 5534.
    2. Switch your audi off ensuring the ignition is off too.
    3. On you blackberry look at your email screen and hit the menu button and select "view folder"
    4. Scroll down and select "phone call logs"
    5. Whilst holding the shift key scroll down to select all entries then delete them
    6. Repeat step 4 & 5 but select "missed calls" instead of phone call logs
    7. Now repair the blackberry with your audi.
    Voila, the phone book will transfer.

The rationale for this fix is that the Blackberry memory stores all calls in a separate part of its memory. if you delete the call logs from the phone screen i.e. when you select re-dial, this does not delete the items from the main "hidden" memory. The Bluetooth function tries to push the contacts from the "hidden"memory but becomes blocked due to its size. If you have not cleared the "hidden" memory in this way before you can have up to 9 months of call data stored in it which is too much for the bluetooth to handle.

Hope this helps, let me know how you get on and remember to clear the hidden memory every few months.

To help limit this, change your settings on the BB to not store Phone Logs and Missed calls that long - i.e. 30 days or a week.
    10-19-11 04:20 PM
    I had no call logs at all as this was a brand new device - and the first thing I did after activation was to run to my car to get it connected. I also unpaired and repaired the BB w/o success. Will try again tomorrow with ignition off - this I didn't try today.

By the way I also requested my VW dealer to figure out if there is a new car SW in the makes that might support the 9900 - but have no hopes to get a sensible answer in the near future though.
    10-19-11 04:33 PM
    You have it backwards. Your VW is not compatible with your 9900. GD VW, bottom of the barrel customer service. I wouldn't take one home if they were giving them away. Might not be a bad car in Europe where you can find competent people to work on them but VW North America has some psychotic ideas as to how customers should be treated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by olblueyez; 10-19-11 at 05:08 PM.
    Tinyk likes this.
    10-19-11 05:05 PM
    My 7 month old CC was previously paired with my 9700. When I got my 9900, I too was anxious to pair it with my CC. I had zero problems, and didn't have to delete missed calls or anything from the phone.

I also have a very good dealer that provides excellent customer service as well as vehicle service.
    10-19-11 06:48 PM
    My 7 month old CC was previously paired with my 9700. When I got my 9900, I too was anxious to pair it with my CC. I had zero problems, and didn't have to delete missed calls or anything from the phone.

I also have a very good dealer that provides excellent customer service as well as vehicle service.
    Which SW version is on your 9900?
    10-20-11 04:52 AM
    You have it backwards. Your VW is not compatible with your 9900. GD VW, bottom of the barrel customer service. I wouldn't take one home if they were giving them away. Might not be a bad car in Europe where you can find competent people to work on them but VW North America has some psychotic ideas as to how customers should be treated.

You have to blame the dealership, not the manufacturer. I've owned 5 VWs - gtis, passats and now CC in 7 years and I've never had an issue with any of them (that i didn't cause for myself messing around with it).

The dealership I go to has a lot of young mechanics and they all drive gtis and go out to car meets.

It's like blaming RIM for poor VZW service.
    10-20-11 08:08 AM
    Not that this helps solve your problem, but my girlfriend recently got a brand new Tiguan. While at the dealership the guy offered to set up her bluetooth but then added, "you don't have an android, do you?".

Well she does have an android, and he said how there is all sorts of problems connecting to bluetooth in a VW with an android phone. (I laughed ... Just a little). Well it has been a nightmare for the last 6 months, with her constantly asking me to repair her phone. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesent. It recognize the phone, then drop the connection, or not recognize it at all. I really just think the VW software is to blame now that I hear that its more than just android phones.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-20-11 09:10 AM
    Since I bought the VW, I had:

a HTC Desire S: worked
    HTC Desire Z: worked
    Galaxy S: didn't work, returned phone
    Torch 9800: worked
    Nokia E72, C7, X7, E6: all worked
    Bold 9780: worked
    Bold 9900: doesn't work

I therefore would really like to know if the latest 9900 FW resolves that problem.
    10-20-11 11:42 AM
    It only takes about a half hour to upgrade to the lastest FW and find out.
    10-20-11 12:09 PM
    It only takes about a half hour to upgrade to the lastest FW and find out.
    Like I said, I can't upgrade, as my provider doesn't offer the latest FW yet.
    10-20-11 01:19 PM
    Like I said, I can't upgrade, as my provider doesn't offer the latest FW yet.
    Used the latest leaked OS.
    10-20-11 01:27 PM
    You have to blame the dealership, not the manufacturer. I've owned 5 VWs - gtis, passats and now CC in 7 years and I've never had an issue with any of them (that i didn't cause for myself messing around with it).

The dealership I go to has a lot of young mechanics and they all drive gtis and go out to car meets.

It's like blaming RIM for poor VZW service.
    VW North America knows about it, they don't toss the records out at the end of the day. VW North America decides who gets to sell their cars and who doesn't.

I think a lot of it really has to do with 2 things. If you live in an Urban area then you will hear the lies because the car companies want the mechanics to fix a million cars a day. You know, maximizing profit (pissing off customers). The second thing is the general public has been brainwashed into believing if they don't buy a foreign car than it will not be a good car, and although this was true in the past it is no longer the case.

After owning 3 Honda's, 2 VW's, 2 Toyota's, 1 BMW, 2 Benz's, 1 Nissan, and various Detroit boats from the mid 70's when I was a kid, I am telling everyone through experience the least frustrating way to go is to get a durable vehicle and get one from an American company where all the iPhone/Rice Burner Fuker's don't line up for miles every single morning the maintenance department is open, day and night, 365, so you can have some time to force any lying baztards to do the work right.

Another tip for the foreign car owners, never, ever, under any circumstances short of a meteor the size of the moon striking the earth,,,, surrender the rental until you have driven your car around the block a few times and are 100% satisfied the work was done properly and if it's not, put your car back in the service lane and hop back in the rental and call them from the road on your Blackberry. This way you don't have to play their favorite little game, "let's force him/her to make so many trips and sign up for so many rentals and miss so much work that they give up".

10-20-11 09:09 PM
    With a new Lexus RX350 and Acura RDX, I've had success (with both 9900 a 9860) by updating the phone's OS. Try a leaked version, if you must.

blah blah blah
    Holy shti that was hard to read.
    10-20-11 11:03 PM
    Holy shti that was hard to read.
    www.RIF.org

10-21-11 07:47 AM
    Sorry I know it's off topic, and not really what the other person was looking for, but I really saw that dealership service depends on the customer.
    When people walk in an demand repairs they usually will get the worst service. I have actually witnessed my friends refusing simple repairs like a clip in the trunk just because the customer came in and demanded it in a rude way.
    The customer went on to "warn" all the customers to not buy a car there because they were crooks. Meanwhile they wired up my factory homelink sun visor for $10 and did it in 5 minutes. When you treat them well (remember the tech didn't build your car at the factory) they will treat you well.

on a side note, don't forget that nissan, subaru, toyota and vw are making cars in the us. That's an "american" car too.
    10-21-11 08:09 AM
    Sorry I know it's off topic, and not really what the other person was looking for, but I really saw that dealership service depends on the customer.
    When people walk in an demand repairs they usually will get the worst service. I have actually witnessed my friends refusing simple repairs like a clip in the trunk just because the customer came in and demanded it in a rude way.
    The customer went on to "warn" all the customers to not buy a car there because they were crooks. Meanwhile they wired up my factory homelink sun visor for $10 and did it in 5 minutes. When you treat them well (remember the tech didn't build your car at the factory) they will treat you well.

on a side note, don't forget that nissan, subaru, toyota and vw are making cars in the us. That's an "american" car too.
    You seem to have assumed people were not treated properly before they decided to lie. Nothing could be further from the truth. After 14 years in sales, I know exactly how that works. The guys at the car wash, who work for peanuts, and not 30-50 per hour like the dealer mechanics do, they are more honest and friendly than most "Professionals" at the car dealers, including 2 Mercedes dealers in the Wash D.C. Area. When its hot out, I like to buy a case of cold soda and drop it off for them.

The girl who I have chosen as my service adviser because she is competent and not too lazy to find an answer when she doesn't have one, instead of lying, will be in for a 24 inch Luciano's pizza with pepperoni and onion next time I go in.

Foreign car companies don't make American cars, they assemble foreign cars here and take the money home to Japan, Germany, etc. The point I was trying to make was, "If you buy a foreign car thinking it will be more reliable and hassle free then you may be in for a big surprise." "When you take it in for an alignment because you hit a pot hole and you get your car back with the steering wheel on crooked, it's because the guy working the rack that day had to do 50 cars". If you want your repair work done properly then maybe the busiest dealer in town isn't for you. Honda's engineering capabilities cannot over come mechanics who are too busy to do the repairs properly.

The guy above who bought a turbo grocery getter and a 50 thousand dollar camary platform suv chose two vehicles that will need a trip to the dealer anytime he hits a pothole or a ridge when they resurface the road. When he goes to have this worked on he will be given an appointment a week down the road. If he lives near the city his cars will be competing against 20 or 30 other cars for one guys time. Not to mention the parts will cost twice what the Americans charge because they are imported and fabricated in a foreign country. For what he paid for that MDX he could have bought the new Grand Cherokee with a V8, a lot more room, a rugged suspension that doesn't constantly need to be tweaked when you hit a rough patch of road, rides smooth on the hiway, allows you to take it in the next day if you have an issue, and odds are the mechanic working on his car will have more time.

Everyone gets a chance to be straight with me, but once you lie, you will be doing it my way and on my schedule and on your dime.

Forigen = Better is nothing more than will-full ignorance and brain washing.
    10-21-11 09:00 AM

BMW X5 and X6 are also US made....hmmmm, awesome cars......
    10-21-11 09:53 AM
    Since I bought the VW, I had:

a HTC Desire S: worked
    HTC Desire Z: worked
    Galaxy S: didn't work, returned phone
    Torch 9800: worked
    Nokia E72, C7, X7, E6: all worked
    Bold 9780: worked
    Bold 9900: doesn't work

I therefore would really like to know if the latest 9900 FW resolves that problem.
    I forgot the Palm Pre plus: also worked perfectly well
    10-21-11 10:09 AM
    Why not spend 30 minutes and find out? Its your car right?

10-21-11 10:11 AM

Find out what?
    Don't know what you mean.
    10-21-11 10:13 AM
    You seem to have assumed people were not treated properly before they decided to lie. Nothing could be further from the truth. After 14 years in sales, I know exactly how that works. The guys at the car wash, who work for peanuts, and not 30-50 per hour like the dealer mechanics do, they are more honest and friendly than most "Professionals" at the car dealers, including 2 Mercedes dealers in the Wash D.C. Area. When its hot out, I like to buy a case of cold soda and drop it off for them.

The girl who I have chosen as my service adviser because she is competent and not too lazy to find an answer when she doesn't have one, instead of lying, will be in for a 24 inch Luciano's pizza with pepperoni and onion next time I go in.
    You're 100% correct. I was already friends with most of them, but I didn't start getting the rules bent into my favor until I started sharing out Dunkin Donuts gift cards (there's one right across the street) and then all of a sudden I was like Santa Claus.
    10-21-11 11:17 AM

Because you expect people to use that 30 minutes to read your drivel.
    10-21-11 03:01 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD