I just got my bold 9930 a few days ago and everything else is working great. I would like to add some media files and update to a new OS but my phone is not connecting to my computer. When I go into desktop manager, BBSAK, or Blackberry Master control it says that there is no device connected. I do not know what to do and I need some help; thanks in advance.
    08-27-11 05:48 PM
    Try a battery pull.
    08-27-11 06:17 PM
    It's very simple. You first need to setup a new bluetooth device from your computer, in the BT software. But you must make sure that both your computer and phone have your BT settings enabled first. Then your computer will find your device and make you enter a code for the device.

Once setup, it will always show in your list. From there, pick your files and right click to send to your device - At least on a MAC...I'm sure it's similar on a PC.

It works great, BTW. I was very happy to get some large video files off my phone and also sent some video's and files to my phone. Very nice implementation.

Again, make sure in your settings on your phone that BT is enabled. Click the top most panel and you'll see it - the panel that shows the time.
    08-27-11 07:22 PM
    What version of Desktop Manager are you running? If you're not using the latest, you may need to update your BlackBerry drivers in Windows. If they have been updated or you're using the latest DM, then try a reboot and battery pull.
    08-27-11 08:16 PM
    Make sure your phone is "Discoverable" in the phone settings, also.
    How do I do that?

I have tried a battery pull and I know it's not the USB cable because my computer recognizes it and it will charge. It's just that desktop manager, BBSAK, and blackberry master control all will say no device detected. I really just want to update the OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-11 08:50 PM
    How do I do that?

I have tried a battery pull and I know it's not the USB cable because my computer recognizes it and it will charge. It's just that desktop manager, BBSAK, and blackberry master control all will say no device detected. I really just want to update the OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    1. networks and connections > Bluetooth > Discoverable

2. i had a similar issue and uninstalled the DM, BBSAK and the device software and then reinstalled it. That got it to work. there is something flakey about the dm i think, but I'm not certain.
    08-27-11 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD