Has anyone noticed a general weakness vs other BB devices? I connect to a wifi network at work (it has a weak signal) and while my 9650 and playbook can connect and maintain a connection, my 9930 just can't connect and hold the signal as easily or consistently.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-11 08:35 AM
    Others have mentioned this in another thread. The 99xx doesn't seem to have the range the previous models have.

09-26-11 08:51 AM
    Others have mentioned this in another thread. The 99xx doesn't seem to have the range the previous models have.

Thanks. I saw where someone asked about an issue with a router, but no specific thresd about wifi issues. For a while i assumed that it was just bad reception in my building.
    09-26-11 09:16 AM
    cehck, here: many of us been having this issue with no solution in sight.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-range-642006/
    09-26-11 10:32 AM
    Comparing with my 9780 and my 9900, I seem to connect much better and farther range with 9900. Maybe it is depending on which OS you are on. I'm on stock OS which is .261.

09-26-11 10:48 AM
    Has anyone noticed a general weakness vs other BB devices? I connect to a wifi network at work (it has a weak signal) and while my 9650 and playbook can connect and maintain a connection, my 9930 just can't connect and hold the signal as easily or consistently.

There are other search threads on the subject but have you tried to go ahead and install a later OS if there is an official for your carrier? I would also at least at home see if your router needs a firmware update and for that matter maybe even the one at work does.
    09-26-11 10:53 AM
    I'm using stock verizon, and it works at home on my own network but since i live in a small apt thats not saying much. I also have connection issues at work with my fascinate but i assumed that was a samsung wifi hardware issue. I guess that we can assume that RIM changed the wifi hardware for something thinner and it hasn't worked out as well.
    09-26-11 11:41 AM
    I noticed the same thing. When I had my 9700, I would always get full bars of wifi. With the 9900, on average I get 2 bars.
    09-26-11 01:03 PM
    I'm having the same problem, weak signal, dropped calls, cutting in and out. In fact, I'm getting my 3rd 9930 (reburbished) today. Verizon claims it's a bad signal area, but I never had a problem with my Tour.
    09-26-11 01:21 PM
    Same here... My torch 9800 had no problem holding a good wifi signal in my home office, with the 9900 i have zero bars on wifi if i hold it with my right hand, if i hold it with the left hand i get 2 bars wifi signal. Seems like the antenna is in the right side of the handset.
    09-26-11 01:33 PM
    I'm having the same problem, weak signal, dropped calls, cutting in and out. In fact, I'm getting my 3rd 9930 (reburbished) today. Verizon claims it's a bad signal area, but I never had a problem with my Tour.
    That isn't the same issue... Wifi has nothing to do with that.
    09-26-11 02:05 PM
    Same here, I used to sit at my desk with my Torch 9800 connected to Wifi all day at 3+ bars. My new Bold 9900 doesn't even hold a connection in the same location. It's a shame.
    09-26-11 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD