Just wondering what you guys think. I purchased a brand new 9930 today off CL and I was so excited to get the phone at the price I wanted that all I did was check to see if it worked and had no scratches on it, didn't even think to look for the camera, that's just a given in my book. Anyway, would you guys keep the phone for ask for a refund or sell it? Just wondering. I haven't had a phone without a camera (or at least a good one) since 2001, seems kind of weird.
    01-07-12 10:43 PM
    RIM still manufactures devices without cameras for those consumers that can do without them. I would think the consumers that prefer it most are big businesses that pay for their employees devices. This prevents company defamation and what not. That's all that I can think of.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-07-12 10:47 PM
    I would return the phone and ask for one with a camera. Camera on a phone is a must for me, I love taking pictures, and having a camera in your pocket all the time, regardless of quality, is amazing. Have had a camera on a phone since I was 12 or 13 (I'm 18 now) and could not use a phone without one.

Plus, the 99XX has a good camera. 5MP, 720p HD recording. No Autofocus is a bit of a downer, but I've learned to get around it. I can take really good pictures of text without a problem if I use the correct settings and landscapes are phenomenal. Here are a few of my most recent examples.

And one of text:
    chanpisan and Liptonice like this.
    01-08-12 03:54 AM
    If your work doesn't require one, get the one with the camera. Its the same price. Having a camera won't hurt you lol
    01-08-12 06:37 AM
    My vote is camera. I believe you will miss it.
    01-08-12 06:57 AM
    I would return the phone and ask for one with a camera. Camera on a phone is a must for me, I love taking pictures, and having a camera in your pocket all the time, regardless of quality, is amazing. Have had a camera on a phone since I was 12 or 13 (I'm 18 now) and could not use a phone without one.

Plus, the 99XX has a good camera. 5MP, 720p HD recording. No Autofocus is a bit of a downer, but I've learned to get around it. I can take really good pictures of text without a problem if I use the correct settings and landscapes are phenomenal. Here are a few of my most recent examples.

Click to view quoted image

And one of text:
    Lookatchu, holidaying in hawaii!
    01-08-12 08:02 AM

And one of text:

Do you mind if I save that beautiful winter picture and set it as my wallpaper I always ask. Just feel its right to ask since it is YOURS. Lol

01-08-12 09:25 AM
    RIM still manufactures devices without cameras for those consumers that can do without them. I would think the consumers that prefer it most are big businesses that pay for their employees devices. This prevents company defamation and what not. That's all that I can think of.

Not just for consumers that can do without a camera, but for people with security restrictions about having one on their phone.
    01-08-12 09:45 AM

And one of text:

Nice photos!
    One nice thing about the camera in the 99xx is its Fast! Great for grabbing quick shots that get missed with most phones with autofocus.

01-08-12 12:55 PM
    One nice thing about the camera in the 99xx is because its fixed focus, its really fast. Great for grabbing quick shots.

01-08-12 12:57 PM
    Yah, Maui vacation.

And of course you can use the pictures Coraya. I love sharing them.

mainly wanted to show that even with all of the complaints about the camera, if you use it correctlu it can be amazing for a phone camera (even with text). So I would definitely get the 99XX with a camera. And as another user posted, its the same price!
    01-08-12 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD