Hey y'all. I'm hoping to get my 9930 switched over tonight. Then after a week or two of hard use I'm planning on doing a comparison review to just show how both platforms handle certain features/functions such as email, browsing, calendar, notifications, apps, battery life, etc. I'd love to get suggestions on anything else anyone would like me to go over in the video!
    06-15-12 10:33 AM
    I think people might benefit from seeing mail delivery on both devices. Both gmail and something else.
    This has always been a source of great discussion.
    06-15-12 10:38 AM
    I think people might benefit from seeing mail delivery on both devices. Both gmail and something else.
    This has always been a source of great discussion.
    Indeed! I'll definitely do that.

BTW - Love the new avatar, Q!
    06-15-12 10:48 AM
    Browser speed with cache cleared but also again without the cache cleared(real life), yahoo email, speed of opening apps from fully closed. This should be interesting, looking forward to it.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    06-15-12 10:51 AM
    Indeed! I'll definitely do that.

BTW - Love the new avatar, Q!
    Thank you, love! Mmmmuuuahhh!!!!!!!!!!
    06-15-12 10:54 AM
    Browser speed with cache cleared but also again without the cache cleared(real life), yahoo email, speed of opening apps from fully closed. This should be interesting, looking forward to it.
    That I can do as well. With browser both devices will have to be on wifi so network speeds won't factor into it.
    06-15-12 10:55 AM
    Is there a free turn by turn gps navigation app for BB? I have some multitasking tests I want to put it through.
    06-15-12 10:57 AM
    Is there a free turn by turn gps navigation app for BB? I have some multitasking tests I want to put it through.

BB Traffic is the one you want. It's only available in North America at the moment, but maybe that will change. In any case, the comparison would be interesting.

I'm not sure how you'd do this, but if there's a way to check data use through the series of tests, that would be interesting too.
    06-15-12 11:02 AM
    There's two in UK, Telmap and Gokivo, I don't know if they're free in US.
    06-15-12 11:03 AM
    I'm not sure how you'd do this, but if there's a way to check data use through the series of tests, that would be interesting too.
    I *think* I know a way to do this!

Wait. Duh. No I can't lol. They're both on the same line and would be using the same data, and that's IF I had them both using data for the comparison, which I'm not. Thanks for the BB Traffic tip!
    06-15-12 11:09 AM
    Yeah you can, use Telicost app to measure data used, wifi data.
    06-15-12 11:14 AM
    Yeah you can, use Telicost app to measure data used, wifi data.
    Sweet! Thanks!
    06-15-12 11:16 AM
    Sweet! Thanks!
    Check out Telicost Lite! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/13016
    06-15-12 11:17 AM
    BB Traffic is a great navigation app in my opinion. It is very accurate and no frills but doesn't use much data. I also like the ETA email/SMS option.
    06-15-12 11:18 AM
    Let's get a comparison in streaming capabilities, and how each compare when streaming Netflix. Oh wait..

But for realsies..I've always wanted to do one comparing typing speed, using an app to determine words/min. If the Rezound is your current device, I'd do one with that while you are still familiar, and then once you familiarize yourself with the Bold..do the same with it. I'm sure there are some wpm apps for Blackberry.

For the record, I average about 60 wpm with my GNex, in comparison to about 70wpm on an actual laptop keyboard..

EDIT: I'd love to see some type of "game show" or contest, where contestants are given a series of tasks to complete, using their own phones, just to see which phone works "best" at a series of tasks. These would include pulling up web pages (perhaps to enter in checkpoint codes or something), sending and receiving emails on the go (emails being received quickest would obviously give them a quicker start to their task), having to use phone navigation to get to a destination etc. In a world where it seems phone and brand loyalty is increasing, it would be a cool thing to watch (imo)
    Last edited by Rickroller; 06-15-12 at 11:36 AM.
    06-15-12 11:32 AM
    Let's get a comparison in streaming capabilities, and how each compare when streaming Netflix. Oh wait..

But for realsies..I've always wanted to do one comparing typing speed, using an app to determine words/min. If the Rezound is your current device, I'd do one with that while you are still familiar, and then once you familiarize yourself with the Bold..do the same with it. I'm sure there are some wpm apps for Blackberry.

For the record, I average about 60 wpm with my GNex, in comparison to about 70wpm on an actual laptop keyboard..

EDIT: I'd love to see some type of "game show" or contest, where contestants are given a series of tasks to complete, using their own phones, just to see which phone works "best" at a series of tasks. These would include pulling up web pages (perhaps to enter in checkpoint codes or something), sending and receiving emails on the go (emails being received quickest would obviously give them a quicker start to their task), having to use phone navigation to get to a destination etc. In a world where it seems phone and brand loyalty is increasing, it would be a cool thing to watch (imo)
    Ooh I've never thought to look for a typing speed app! And that gameshow does sound like a cool idea!
    06-15-12 11:42 AM

It just ran through a bunch of tests and... I'm disappointed to say the least.
    59wpm on a 15in laptop, 56 on the 10.1in, 42 on my 4in phone.
    I've yet to try my 17.1in laptop, desktop, or playbook, but I'm not feeling optimistic.

Someone should make a thread about this...
    06-15-12 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD