Its sad to know this is obviously an accident... We knew they would put this video up EVENTUALLY, just not with the 9650 of course

This would be news if we didn't think it was coming to Verizon; but we all pretty much knew they were a given carrier to have this phone. Still cool though I guess. Props to verizon for the mistake

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-11 01:15 AM
    damn, I wanted to sleep! and he said nothin about hotspot, that sucks but whatever can I preorder!
    07-26-11 02:11 AM
    It says on the fastest 4g lte network does this mean it will have 4g too?
    07-26-11 02:27 AM
    It says on the fastest 4g lte network does this mean it will have 4g too?
    I'm wondering the same thing because everyone was saying that these weren't going to be 4g BlackBerry's for sure, but then the carrier itself releases a video saying they are in a way.. I'm sure that video was proofed many times to make sure it was fine and they still kept the guy saying 4g LTE so I kinda think that it might be which gets me VERY excited! [:

Although someone else mentioned this:

"He doesn't say it's 4g, he said its being paired with the "Nation's fastest 4g network" which in his case is calling Verizon that. Very misleading but says it in a way where it sounds like it's a 4g phone."

Which makes sense.. They are saying now on "Verizon" by saying "Nations fastest 4g network".. Ughhh
    07-26-11 02:58 AM
    Link please !
    mcso73 likes this.
    07-26-11 04:08 AM
    U can't believe how many stupid mistakes these companies make like this . Like dealt how can you mistqkenlybpost a video with a phone that you haven't announced yet???
    07-26-11 04:33 AM
    07-26-11 05:50 AM
    Thats the same goofy video with "Blake" thats been floating around CB this morning.

07-26-11 06:16 AM
    I'm wondering the same thing because everyone was saying that these weren't going to be 4g BlackBerry's for sure, but then the carrier itself releases a video saying they are in a way.. I'm sure that video was proofed many times to make sure it was fine and they still kept the guy saying 4g LTE so I kinda think that it might be which gets me VERY excited! [:

"He doesn't say it's 4g, he said its being paired with the "Nation's fastest 4g network" which in his case is calling Verizon that. Very misleading but says it in a way where it sounds like it's a 4g phone."

Which makes sense.. They are saying now on "Verizon" by saying "Nations fastest 4g network".. Ughhh
    No way will this be a 4g phone. I'm worried about a potential lack of hotspot.
    07-26-11 06:58 AM
    Exciting nonetheless! This will be my new phone as soon as my contract is up. Nice find guys!
    07-26-11 07:04 AM
    still ... i dont understand, what makes a person click on that.
    i say inside information
    Dude. I am an assistant principal at a small school in a little town on the TN border. The most work I've done at Verizon is signing a contract. I hadn't even been on this site in, like, a year. My contract is up and I am looking for an upgrade phone, the old 9550 is on her last legs. What can I say, I'm a geek with a boring life and I watched about 4 other videos before that one.

I assume they thought as you did, "Who is going to actually watch the video, stick it up so we are ready for the new phone."
    07-26-11 07:35 AM

This guy is right. I picked up on this the first time I watched it. Come on CB...

07-26-11 08:02 AM
    Look at the time stamp on the Engadget blog it's 3:09am, BUT, then check out the time stamp on THIS blog which ALSO has the story and the video...

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-bol...erizon-website

CB broke this one and a humble little princpal from TN (and CBer) found the video!
    07-26-11 08:05 AM
    I was poking around Verizon.com. They have little intro videos for all of the phones. The Bold 9650 video shows a 9930! I was blown away, couldn't believe what I was hearing. The phone offered is still the 9650. But the video is worth the view!
    That asshat over at bgr is trying to say he broke the Verizon story not you! You should let him know it was your detective work that brought it to CB not him.

07-26-11 08:09 AM
    Ahead of an official announcement expected on Tuesday, Verizon Wireless let slip a promotional video starring its upcoming flagship BlackBerry smartphone, the BlackBerry Bold 9930. First revealed*exclusively here on BGR, this next-generation Bold smartphone is the handset BlackBerry fans have been clamoring for. It features a sharp 2.8-inch touchscreen above the famous full QWERTY that RIM�s phones are known for. While the Torch was the first BlackBerry device to pair a touchscreen and a full QWERTY, the keyboard was no match for the one found on RIM�s Curve and Bold smartphones. Thankfully, the 9930 sports the best of both worlds and although we�re far more interested in seeing what QNX-powered devices RIM has in the works, the Bold 9930 will certainly help tide over legions of BlackBerry fans while they await RIM�s next bushel of Berries. An official Verizon Wireless video showing off the new Bold 9930 follows below.

Bgr taking credit for other peoples work again!

maddie1128 likes this.
    07-26-11 08:16 AM
    Well, I don't like BGR at all anymore, but if you read closely, what he is saying is that they were the first people to leak the actual final device, NOT this video. Which is true as far as I know. He even links to the story where they originally unveiled the device.
    07-26-11 08:25 AM
    Well, I don't like BGR at all anymore, but if you read closely, what he is saying is that they were the first people to leak the actual final device, NOT this video. Which is true as far as I know. He even links to the story where they originally unveiled the device.
    True but the first people to do that was n4bb.

07-26-11 08:32 AM
    I do so hope they are going to give us a date I can live with.
    07-26-11 08:58 AM
    Ohhhhh, this is so exciting! Been waiting and debating but I'm happy that I can stick with the blackberry and finally upgrade from the tour! Just need the release date!!!
    07-26-11 09:13 AM
    Dude in the video is a real goober.

Exciting news for Verizon people today.
    07-26-11 09:49 AM
    Interesting it is still there

07-26-11 10:18 AM
    Link to YouTube video with Blake:

07-26-11 11:32 AM
    video's gone from Verizon now. Heh heh, after the cat's out of the bag.
    07-26-11 11:36 AM
    Link has been removed from site but the direct link to the video file is still there.

http://cache.vzw.com/productvideos/s...kberrybold.mp4
    07-26-11 11:39 AM
    video's gone from Verizon now. Heh heh, after the cat's out of the bag.
    True, as this article states it was a mistake.

BlackBerry Bold 9930 handset gets teased, accidentally

However RIM really needs to get in synch with the carriers are start to announce products within a few weeks of being available as opposed to months with no clear date.

Here is the article for people who don't want to hit the link....

BlackBerry Bold 9930 handset gets teased, accidentally
    By Samir Makwana, The Mobile Indian, Mumbai, July 26, 2011

US Cellular Operator Verizon accidentally made the video of the BlackBerry Bold 9930 live on its website. The website will mark debut of the BlackBerry OS 7 along with 1.2GHz processor and NFC chip.

A new device of Canadian handset maker Research in Motion has surfaced online accidentally. US based Verizon Wireless website accidentally made the BlackBerry Bold 9930 promotional video live through one of the existing handset BlackBerry 9650. New BlackBerry Bold 9930 features 2.8-inch display and is claimed to be the slimmest BlackBerry device (10.5mm) so far. Behold couple of hours for RIM and Verizon to officially launch and release the BlackBerry Bold 9930 handset.

New BlackBerry Bold 9930 was announced back in May this year at the BlackBerry World 2011. Now this handset will be launched and released later today by RIM on Verizon as we reported earlier today.

Apparently, RIM will debut the BlackBerry OS 7 based devices today starting off with BlackBerry Bold 9900 and Bold 9930 handsets. Both handsets will come with a fast 1.2 GHz Qualcomm 8655 Snapdragon processor coupled with 768 MB RAM truly promise to provide enough muscle for the new BlackBerry OS 7. The Bold 9900/9930 will come with 8 GB onboard memory and capable of holding up to 32 GB memory card.

BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 features a 2.8-inch capacitive touch screen display with 287 PPI resolution and 640x480 pixel resolution for crisper text as well as images. Imaging experience will be enhanced with 5-megapixel camera that is also capable of 720p HD video recording. Apart from that, the phone will come with Bluetooth 2.1, GPS chip, Accelerometer, Digital Compass, and Proximity Sensor.

Apparently the new Bold 9900/9930 will feature Near Field Communication Chip and would be first BlackBerry handset to support the dual-band Wi-Fi.

The new BlackBerry OS 7 brings in the Liquid Graphics for fluid interface, browsing and even while playing games. With a crisper and better display, the BlackBerry device also supports pinch-to-zoom feature and promises faster user experience with the new BlackBerry OS 7.

So far, there's no word on the pricing of the BlackBerry Bold but we expect to hit India at a price higher than Rs 30,000 considering the hardware packed. No update on the time of the Bold 9900/9930 availability in India.
    AceStreaming and SirVancelot like this.
    07-26-11 11:42 AM
119 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD