...Just waiting for someone to complain about it having a physical keyboard.
    Can you believe the 9900 has a physical keyboard!???? What is that about!?

J/K...you asked for it.

Seriously though, I will admit that I've been complaining about the 9900 too and I wasn't a complainer about BB but now I feel I have good reasons to complain about the 9900.

I know RIM won't be able to satisfy everyone but this job is even harder when you start taking things away from the NEW that the OLD had and giving it specs that really don't compete compared to other devices that are already out.

Bottom line is this...

...if we all rolled over and took it, never complaining - then what motivation will RIM or any company have for improving things? By the way, America came about b/c there were some who complained and didn't like what was happening at their "old home". Granted, I need to move on if I'm not going to get the 9900 but I keep coming back here b/c I really want to love it, now I just want to like it and the more info that comes out about the 9900, I'm beginning to hate it.

So I apologize in advance for my rants on the 9900. I just need to leave things be. You would think I'd be in a better mood with the DOW up 423 Thursday. ?
    08-12-11 01:50 AM
    Here in Canada the pricing is on average $180 or so.

And as for the Evo:
    1. it's a slightly older handset, so over time the price is dropped while newer devices replace it.
    2. I believe it's a Sprint exclusive, while the 9900/9930 will be on all. Carriers usually like to incentivize their exclusives.
    08-12-11 02:03 AM
    I gotta use my finger nails to zoom or pinch.
    Liar! You can't pinch to zoom with just your fingernails, unless you wrapped them in anti-static film.
    08-12-11 02:07 AM
    Liar! You can't pinch to zoom with just your fingernails, unless you wrapped them in anti-static film.
    Actually I can, I just double checked that now. This isn't an IPhone
    08-12-11 02:15 AM
    Is it me, but isn't the 9900 the best to date - even it's not perfect?

I'm getting one, just for the speed increase and touch screen alone.

This forum is like a bunch of girls complaining about their makeup. Geez!

"it's too slow"..."it's too fast"..."It's too thin" "it's not thin enough"..."it's not an iPhone" ..."it cost too much"..."I can actually make calls on it, but I can't on my iphone, but it still sucks"...

LOL
    This pretty much sums up what I keep seeing in the 9930/9900 forums. If there is a better phone out there for you then by all means go get it. Yes the price is high for this BlackBerry but, I'm still getting one. Can't wait to rid of the full touch screen experience.
    08-12-11 05:28 AM
    srsly. it is liquid graphics, bruh.
    08-12-11 05:43 AM
    I have been using my 9900 for a few days now, and I hate the touchscreen. In the menus its cool. But for the browser it's horrible. Pinching to zoom on that small screen is tedious. Trying to double click small links is killing me.

I'm sure both Torches will be better for this with more screen real-estate. But the 9900 should never have had it. Before you go saying everyone wanted this, in concept it sounds cool, but in reality it does not work.
    You can still use the trackpad or I to zoom in and O to zoom out, why pinch to zoom in the browser?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-11 05:53 AM
    I just tap to zoom on most pages, it (usually) intelligently re-flows the text in a larger font, works very well. Pinch to zoom is useful for pictures, put not that great on web pages.
    08-12-11 04:54 PM
    Even the iPhone 3GS is more powerful than the BB Bold 9930 and i am shocked how the BB Bold 9930 for Sprint is 249.99. Hopefully it will include a $100.00 rebate when it is officially released. For that price, it should include 120GB of internal flash memory.
    08-12-11 10:38 PM
    Even the iPhone 3GS is more powerful than the BB Bold 9900...
    How did you come to that conclusion?

redk and BestBuyAndrew like this.
    08-12-11 10:43 PM
    How did you come to that conclusion?

The iPhone 3GS is powered by the Samsung APL0298C05 chip, which was designed and manufactured by Samsung. This system-on-a-chip is composed of an ARM Cortex-A8 CPU core underclocked to 600 MHz (from 833 MHz), integrated with a PowerVR SGX 535 GPU. It also has 256 MB of eDRAM. The additional eDRAM supports increased performance and multi-tasking in iOS 4.

Because we all know 1.2Ghz is less than 600Mhz.
    Masahiro likes this.
    08-12-11 10:59 PM
    You don't even have the 9900 yet and your saying its amazing, I don't get it.

The threads have proven the camera sucks on close ups and is inferior then what the Bold 9780. Why did they have to go backwards? The SGS2 is thinner and has an 8mp AF cam that shoots 1080p. So the thin argument is a moot point.

People who are actually using the device have stated the battery life is not like it used to be. I am one of those people. My 9780 has better battery life. Again thinness doesn't count as the SGS2 has a 1650mh batt.

No I don't want a SGS2, I like blackberry. But I'm not blinded by my like for a company. I can point out it's faults. Yes we compare to other devices because that's the benchmark we should be beating. To try and make the best device out there.
    i wonder whats the point in pointing those faults and argue over n over... do u wish rim gonna change 9900 soon? want some quick fix?? even with those faults rim already delay 9900 for quiet long time... or maybe you want to prevent others to buy 9900?... its either buy it or not, if u happy with 9780 then stay with it. life is simple. keep it simple.
    08-15-11 12:05 PM
    Personally, I don't think the $250 price tag will stick for that long.
    npunk42 likes this.
    08-15-11 12:07 PM
    Personally, I don't think the $250 price tag will stick for that long.
    Historically they would run a promotion after a month or so knocking 50.00 off, a couple of months after that the price will drop 50 bucks. Then they will have a promotion from that price. Tempting as it is to jump onto the bleeding edge, I think I'll let the rabbits get ahead for a while, I'll catch up later. However my 9650 did reboot during a phone call recently, might be a sign to change things up.
    08-15-11 12:23 PM
    For those moaning about the price, sit back and feel for us UK based folk. It costs �500 which current conversion rates works out at $820 lol.

I also see a lot of people moan saying how can it be more expensive etc as it's not dual core and doesn't have an 8mp camera, no 4.3" screen and so on.

You look at all the Android phones out at the moment and 90% of them all look pretty much the same and are made out of cheap materials in China. Yes you get decent specs but the products themselves don't look or feel special or of particular high quality.

The 9900 on the other hand has a premium feel to me, it feels and looks more special, more expensive than anything else out there just like the iPhone really.

So with that you are going to pay more than a plastic phone.

Give me a full keyboard, slim phone, brushed alloy detail, second highest DPI screen currently out, over a generic plastic phone with dual core.

After all it really isn't needed with OS7.
    08-15-11 12:31 PM
    Even the iPhone 3GS is more powerful than the BB Bold 9930.
    This isn't golf. The lower score doesn't win.
    08-15-11 01:20 PM
    Everything is more powerful than a BB. Maybe that will change since the new ones have a 1.2GHZ processor.
    08-17-11 10:49 AM
    Im getting 14.2mbps download with att in nyc. When i tried the EVO 3D, wimax only gave me about 3+mbps. Hmmm, i don't know.
    08-17-11 11:23 AM
    Come on BB faithful lmao .
    3D kicks the 9900 in every aspect.....oh and even price lol
    When it comes to battery life Rooted 3D totally blows bold away.

I would like to see side by side stock findings though.
    3D stock I only lost 10% - 12% in standby 12 hour time frame
    Last edited by Slingbox; 08-17-11 at 11:46 AM.
    08-17-11 11:38 AM
    Actually, you can't! They both use capacitive touchscreen technologies, read up: Touchscreen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can still use the trackpad or I to zoom in and O to zoom out, why pinch to zoom in the browser?

I have one better, hold the "alt" key and move up/down on the trackpad (also works in emails)
    08-17-11 11:42 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD