So ive had a9930 for 7 months. Perfect operation. Suddenly the other day my keyboard stopped working. Touchxreen worked and the pointer worked. But no buttons worked. Rebooting sometimes would start it working. I did not do anything different leading up to this issue. Eventually the keyboard would not work.

I decided to BBSAK wipe it and reinstall. I used a backup to restore. I knew some settings might be restored with a backup that might cause the same issue.

A week later the problem reappeared.

I wiped it again, but this time just used BB Protect to restore the basics.

Again a week later the problem reappeared.

My guess is ive got some corrupt NVRam. So my question is if there is some tool I can use to reformat the NVRam and flag the bad sectors so the phone wont use them.
    07-07-14 04:34 PM
    Did you wipe, or a firmware loader?

So ive had a9930 for 7 months. Perfect operation. Suddenly the other day my keyboard stopped working. Touchxreen worked and the pointer worked. But no buttons worked. Rebooting sometimes would start it working. I did not do anything different leading up to this issue. Eventually the keyboard would not work.

I decided to BBSAK wipe it and reinstall. I used a backup to restore. I knew some settings might be restored with a backup that might cause the same issue.

A week later the problem reappeared.

I wiped it again, but this time just used BB Protect to restore the basics.

Again a week later the problem reappeared.

My guess is ive got some corrupt NVRam. So my question is if there is some tool I can use to reformat the NVRam and flag the bad sectors so the phone wont use them.
    07-07-14 06:02 PM
    BBSAK Wipe Device.

Hmmm firmware loader. That sounds better ? Is there a more hard core tool beyond BBSAK ?
    07-07-14 06:16 PM
    Nope. Sounds like your device is crapping out then.

BBSAK Wipe Device.

Hmmm firmware loader. That sounds better ? Is there a more hard core tool beyond BBSAK ?
    07-07-14 06:22 PM
    Booooooo.... Man its too bad there are not tools to find and lock out bad sectors of NVRam. This issue is true of many devices not just phones.

NVRam wears out. Its inevitable.

Well thanks for the help. Luckily 9930s are cheap on ebay.
    07-07-14 07:16 PM
    Never seen it on my slew of 9930s. Strange.

Booooooo.... Man its too bad there are not tools to find and lock out bad sectors of NVRam. This issue is true of many devices not just phones.

NVRam wears out. Its inevitable.

Well thanks for the help. Luckily 9930s are cheap on ebay.
    07-07-14 07:32 PM
    Yea the NVRam seems to have failed way early. WHile rare it does happen.

Unless of course something else has happened. But its a really weird issue. The keyboard and all buttons just stop working suddenly. Usually when im not using it. So its just sitting there and the buttons stop working. A reboot might fix it, but it gets worse until I wipe it.

Its a wired issue. Something seems to be getting corrupt, but only with something with the keyboard processing. very weird.

Well there seems to be nothing else I can wipe, so ive done all I can.
    07-07-14 10:03 PM