Hi everyone. I just got my 9930 and I have a big problem. It's a Verizon unit and I use it in Romania, on Orange.

My problems is the following : phone starts, red led is lighting up, turns off, os loads to full, and when the barr reaches max the screen turns white and phone reboots and does the same thing over and over again. Tried with device plugged to the pc, plugged to the wall charger, without being plugged in, same result.
    The phone came with .254, i loaded .340 and 353, same result. All goes on fine, OS is installing fine, i set it up, install apps, use it normally for a while, then, out of nowhere, starts acting weird.
    I reinstalled a fresh downloaded copy of DM, uninstalled and rebooted after each step of getting the new os version loaded... Same. It works for a while, i can even do normal battery pulls, phone starts normally and works great with everything installed and set up. I tried to do a batt pull after each app installation, I though there is some app doing this, no problems, works everytime. It doest the white screen thingy with all apps installed and after a few successful pulls. I don't even have many apps installed, Facebook, Twitter, BatteryEx, Flashlight, Who Is IT?, Photo Studio, Google Maps, BTSidekick and that's kind of it.
    Another weird thing is that i only managed to enter safe mode once ( by pressing and holding the escape key), then it never worked.
    What do you think? Can I fix this thingy? The problem is that the device is imported from the US and replace or sending it back is not an option...
    Thanks...
    09-08-11 12:50 AM
    anyone has any clue? phone works good, no problems so far, as long as i don't have to do a batt pull. then it's like russian roulette, but most of the time will get broken. i don't even want to think about being out and have to do a pull...
    09-10-11 03:18 AM
    Sounds like an incompatible app. Remove everything & see how it goes..
    09-10-11 08:02 AM
    I am using .353 problem-free. I think you can eliminate Twitter, Facebook and Google Maps as I have no issues with those. Perhaps focus on those other apps. Delete them, run the phone for a while, and add them back one by one.

And, I hope you used apploader to installed .353 rather than DM.

It doesn't sound like a hardware prob. You may need to wipe it and start from scratch.

Hi everyone. I just got my 9930 and I have a big problem. It's a Verizon unit and I use it in Romania, on Orange.

My problems is the following : phone starts, red led is lighting up, turns off, os loads to full, and when the barr reaches max the screen turns white and phone reboots and does the same thing over and over again. Tried with device plugged to the pc, plugged to the wall charger, without being plugged in, same result.
    The phone came with .254, i loaded .340 and 353, same result. All goes on fine, OS is installing fine, i set it up, install apps, use it normally for a while, then, out of nowhere, starts acting weird.
    I reinstalled a fresh downloaded copy of DM, uninstalled and rebooted after each step of getting the new os version loaded... Same. It works for a while, i can even do normal battery pulls, phone starts normally and works great with everything installed and set up. I tried to do a batt pull after each app installation, I though there is some app doing this, no problems, works everytime. It doest the white screen thingy with all apps installed and after a few successful pulls. I don't even have many apps installed, Facebook, Twitter, BatteryEx, Flashlight, Who Is IT?, Photo Studio, Google Maps, BTSidekick and that's kind of it.
    Another weird thing is that i only managed to enter safe mode once ( by pressing and holding the escape key), then it never worked.
    What do you think? Can I fix this thingy? The problem is that the device is imported from the US and replace or sending it back is not an option...
    Thanks...
    09-10-11 10:29 AM
    I am using .353 problem-free. I think you can eliminate Twitter, Facebook and Google Maps as I have no issues with those. Perhaps focus on those other apps. Delete them, run the phone for a while, and add them back one by one.

And, I hope you used apploader to installed .353 rather than DM.

It doesn't sound like a hardware prob. You may need to wipe it and start from scratch.
    well, used apploader, i do it all the time for all my berries.
    will try your advice with installing only fb twitter and google maps for a while. this was my first thought too, i installed the os several times, and the apps one by one with battery pulls after every installation. the weird thing is that it worked fine, even after i installed the last app, phone rebooted fine. tried some more battery pulls after, worked. i get no errors, phone is fast and responsive... then, i can't help it, after a few hours, to check it out. i do a battery pull and here i am again installing the os...
    This is a detailed list of apps :

Facebook
    Twitter
    Foursquare
    Google Maps
    XPRSS
    3D Rollercoaster Rush Jurrasic 2
    BatteryEx
    Who Is IT?
    SugarSync
    Photo Studio
    RestartMe