I'm on the SERO Premium plan and tried to buy this online, said I needed to change my plan and add the $10/mo 4G upgrade (but this is not 4g). Anyone able to get this on a SERO Premium without upgrading?
    08-21-11 09:40 PM
    You'd need to contact your Sprint rep to add the BlackBerry to the Sero plan.
    On Sprint you typically have to purchase the device outright.
    08-21-11 09:42 PM
    When I first got my blackberry I did not have to add the 10 dollar data fee but I did have to go through 20 reps to find someone that knew what they were doing. That was about 2 years ago. When I recently lost my phone they insisted that I add the 10 dollar fee...sorry no way around this one. But on the bright side my 500 shared mins. where given 2 separate accounts, so no more shared mins. You do not have to purchase the phone outright but can go through the same website as everyone else and you get the same discounts as well at renewal time. The 10 dollars is for blackberry service.
    08-25-11 03:14 PM
    If you are on SERO-P, you can go into a Sprint store and get it there. That's what I did. No $10 4G charge bs. Not a 4G phone.
    08-25-11 03:17 PM
    The $10 additional is to use any advanced phone on the SERO plan.
    08-25-11 03:25 PM
    sorry to necro an old thread, but I've just ordered a 9930. I'm already on the SERO premium plan at $40/mo. I just checked the SERO site and their faq clearly states the $10 premium data add on applies only to 4g phones. Whether this is specific to SERO plans vs any others, I don't know. I also just called 888-876-8381 and this rep agreed with the faq and said I should be able to activate without the $10 premium data add on fee. He gave me 800-927-2199 for activation. Has anyone else tried this? My phone will probably arrive next week and will update for those interested.
    10-06-11 06:14 PM
    I've just been through this. I am on Sero Premium ($40/mo. with a Motorola XPRT which is not a 4G phone). I bought the phone in a Sprint store and asked to activate it myself. Went online to activate it and it told me I had to change my plan, so I called Sero CS. They said the price of the plan would be the same but they had to change some codes to activate BIS. So, there was no extra charge for me.
    10-06-11 08:31 PM
    I had no issues upgrading at a sprint Corp store with my plan. I had to accept the 10 dollar a month change it's for all smart phones. For me it was only 2 bucks more because I didn't have to pay for unlimited txt which came now included for me. I got bumped up the extra fee over 6 months ago and I didn't have a choice.

In the end even at 10 bucks more what you get for 40 bucks a month is unmatched by other carriers. I pay 53 a month with insurance included and I have 500 mins to land lines before 7 pm, everything else is absolutely free.
    10-06-11 11:18 PM
    Got my 9930 in-store on launch day with my $40 SERO-P BlackBerry plan. Easy peesy chicken cheesy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-11 12:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD