I have a Sprint 9930, and Labor Day weekend was a nightmare for me. I was in Kentucky in an area with no Sprint network (Sprint network is about 20 miles away) and solid CDMA roaming and no roaming issues in 10 years with Sprint. My 9930 was a mess. The phone could only be used about 50% of the time and the internet was usable only about 25% of the time. I would constantly go from 3G to 1X to 1x to "Searching for CDMA" with zero to five bars at any given time. This would change every few seconds. I called Sprint from a land line and they said to "Update PRL" and "Update Profile" and I did this but this did not solve the problem. Is anyone else having this problem, or is there anything I should try? My 8330 and 9650 worked flawlessly in this area with roaming. Thank you.
    09-06-11 03:49 PM
    I'm having the same issue. Brought it to sprint and they said same thing... did not solve the problem. What phone did you change from? Mine was a Palm Pre and I was wondering if that was the issue?
    09-28-11 12:38 PM
    same here and I'm a month late on this thread. Called for a roaming list update, called for a tower resync, traded my 3 day old 9930 in for another 9930. still the same. The antenna is jacked up or sprints network is for the 9930.
    10-04-11 09:44 PM
    I am having the same problem here in GA. I never had this problem before with any other phone. It was all of a sudden searching for service and showing constant 1X for about a week. It seems to be getting back to normal now.
    10-05-11 01:12 PM
    Worse phone ever, two weeks. I'm roaming NONSTOP At my own house. Sprint replaces the phone and then says I'll just have to deal with it after the new phone didn't work...
    11-24-11 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD