Sorry to ask here, but love the 9930 but problems with calls I can't hear and having to reboot can not have with biz.
    Verizon offered me the Torch 9850. Looks good and need opinions on changing to that phone.
    Advice and opinions would be appreciated, thanks!
    Last edited by popeye; 04-20-12 at 08:07 PM.
    04-20-12 07:05 PM
    It's a simple software issue that is known and fixed in newer 7.1 software.

7.1.0.26X or higher fixes it.

The 9850 will have the same problem if you don't update the software...
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    04-20-12 07:12 PM
    Get a replacement I have no problems with calls at all. I will admit I have been thru 5 replacements for various reasons. As far as the 9850 goes IMO the bold is a much better device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-20-12 07:28 PM
    Is the Bold that much better. Seems like the bigger screen is better to read attachments in e mails and isn't easier to navigate with the Torch. Dialing seems easier-using the keyboard to dial phone number stinks. Any one go to the 9850 from the Bold out there?
    04-20-12 08:05 PM
    It's a simple software issue that is known and fixed in newer 7.1 software.

7.1.0.26X or higher fixes it.

The 9850 will have the same problem if you don't update the software...
    First off, ^^THIS^^

Secondly, nobody is going to be able to sway you either way on full touchscreen vs. smaller touchscreen + full qwerty. It's a personal preference. I love having the full qwerty for texts and emails, and smaller touchscreen for navigating the web and application screen. Again, this is only my personal preference, hence why I chose the 9930 and not the Torch in the first place.
    04-20-12 08:31 PM
    First off, ^^THIS^^

Secondly, nobody is going to be able to sway you either way on full touchscreen

vs. smaller touchscreen + full qwerty. It's a personal preference. I love having the full qwerty for texts and emails, and smaller touchscreen for navigating the web and application screen. Again, this is only my personal preference, hence why I chose the 9930 and not the Torch in the first place.
    Keep ur bold and do some homework on CB. Make sure u have 7.1.0.163. Bundle 457. Ask for it.
    04-20-12 10:12 PM
    Orrrrr upgrade to the newest leaked OS which came out today.
    04-20-12 11:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD