Hey so I switched from the 8530 to the 9930 on the sprint network and am overall satisfied with the switch. One thing that is driving me crazy is LAG. My 8530 was terrible but I was under the impression that I would never have to wait for the phone to catch up with what I was trying to get it to do.

Unfortunately my 9930 is lagging and I seem to be getting the hour glass on simple things such as checking an email or typinga message or switching between application (such as bbm and sms.) I do restart the phone about once a day just to try and pevent this.

My question is like this. Is there any way to reduce the lag on this device and is there any custom unreleased OS that I can upload onto the device that will help reduce lag etc. Again I am using sprint.

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 03:54 PM
    just return it and get a new one

i wouldnt even bother trying to load a different OS or something like that, just exchange it and hopefully your next 9900 wont have that issue
    08-23-11 04:12 PM
    Haha I went from a Curve 8530 to my Bold 9900 and I love it! The leaps in performance are insane. I really never knew how archaic my old phone way unti I started using this device! I can't get over how good the keyboard is.
    08-23-11 04:19 PM
    i get it when downloading and installing apps in the background
    08-23-11 04:20 PM
    When I first got mine I had issues with the OS and a few apps I installed so I reinstalled the OS and all that went away. I think you will see an update to correct these issues.

08-23-11 04:36 PM
    Grab the recent leaked OS, which should help.

Also what apps do you have installed? and running?
    08-23-11 04:39 PM
    i get it when downloading and installing apps in the background
    You should.
    08-23-11 04:41 PM
    I'm having the same issue with my 9930. Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.comd

08-23-11 04:59 PM
    Grab the recent leaked OS, which should help.

Also what apps do you have installed? and running?
    Where can i get these Leaked OS and are they carrier specific?
    08-23-11 05:01 PM
    i run into this after i have installed an application. i dont really get much of any lag, but i would get the hour glass pop up for less than a second when trying to do anything (opening messages, calendar, text, tasks, etc). once i opened one of these, the hour glass would not appear again if i opened the same thing again. once i restart the phone, it goes back to normal and no hour glass.
    08-23-11 05:41 PM
    Where can i get these Leaked OS and are they carrier specific?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...d-apps-639500/

You got a 9930 your good. Just 9900 OS will not work on your phone.

http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...eta-os-122851/
    08-23-11 05:46 PM
    You got a 9930 your good. Just 9900 OS will not work on your phone.
    So no issues with that OS (7.0.0.340) ? Im getting mine in 2 weeks i hope i dont have any of these problems.
    Last edited by StevesBerries; 08-23-11 at 06:02 PM.
    08-23-11 05:56 PM
    On .340 I have no issues.
    StevesBerries and movi3king like this.
    08-23-11 05:57 PM
    I think the app world is one of the weakest points in the traditional BB OS. PB's QNX is a million times better. App World alone will probably cause lag no matter how fast the processor is. I just try to avoid working with apps whenever possible. If you want to download new games every day, this is not the phone for you.
    08-23-11 06:01 PM
    Im gana go ahead and install 340 now and let you guys know if its working any better for me. whatever i have in it now from RIM just isnt working normally.

Check back with yall in an hour
    08-24-11 12:12 AM
    any word? i havnt noticed much lag at all on my end
    08-24-11 03:38 AM
    i'd also recommend, just as a precautionary step Do remove the memory card from the device after the OS reinstall. Test the device and see if that makes a difference.
    08-24-11 03:49 AM
    My bold was a little slower than I thought it should haven been based on others reviews. I upgraded to .340 and it corrected these issues. The OS that shipped on your device is a shaky OS. The device will continue to get better after OS releases.
    08-24-11 05:53 AM
    any word? i havnt noticed much lag at all on my end
    340 running smooth after 24 hours. very impressed with no/ minimal lag. seems very stable i would recommend.

i'd also recommend, just as a precautionary step Do remove the memory card from the device after the OS reinstall. Test the device and see if that makes a difference.
    You should always remove the memory card before wiping a device just as a precaution but regardless 340 is running great.

Thanks for everyones help
    SHOUTOUT TO @John Yester FOR GETTING ME THROUGH THIS ONE~!!!
    08-25-11 12:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD