Beginning about a month ago, my card reader stopped working. This all started once my 9930 began bricking on a regular basis and I had to reinstall the operating system multiple times. I've been running Verizon's .374 OS update, and my phone refuses to recognize my microSD card. Slide it into the slot, nothing doin'. It just tells me that no card is inserted into the device. I've tried formatting it on the PC multiple times.

Today, I installed the Sprint 7.1 OS update. Now, my phone recognizes that the card is inserted into the slot. The Blackberry Device Analyzer shows success under the SD Card Detection. However, it fails once it tries to write to it. The new error message says something about a fatal error. I bought a new card today also, but the phone is showing the same error with my new card. I'm just about out of ideas. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?
    01-02-12 10:15 PM
    I had this same problem when I went 7.1 on my 9930. I have resolved it, but before I post a long fix, did you get it solved yet?
    01-03-12 10:21 AM
    i would love to know the fix to this.
    01-03-12 10:48 AM
    I would also like to know. Every thread I have found on this issue has lead me to a dead end. I just want to know if it is a software or hardware problem.
    01-03-12 11:07 AM
    Please post the fix to this problem or a link. I am having this same problem with one of our corporate phones and I cannot find any solutions.

Thanks in Advance
    01-19-12 09:58 AM
    did you guys do a battery pull? i am really getting tired and annoyed by these useless pulls. i believe that on one of future battery pulls my (second) 9900 will brick.

rim is toast. forget the phone get a nexus or iphone.
    01-19-12 10:10 AM
    did you guys do a battery pull? i am really getting tired and annoyed by these useless pulls. i believe that on one of future battery pulls my (second) 9900 will brick.

rim is toast. forget the phone get a nexus or iphone.
    01-19-12 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD