Downgrading is super easy now. Just use the Desktop Manager, choose Update Device, then choose the another version. There should be a list of your previous OS updates. Choose the one that worked before.
    I don't use SM and I don't have my other OSes on my laptop as I formatted. Can you help me with downgrading? Download 580, install, shrink and run Apploader like usual? Will that DOWNGRADE for me or will it give me an error? And what about BBM7? Will I have to download again? Do I lose my contacts? Because i can't save them anymore with BBM7 but OS 580 didn't have BBM7...
    12-28-12 06:12 AM
    I don't use SM and I don't have my other OSes on my laptop as I formatted. Can you help me with downgrading? Download 580, install, shrink and run Apploader like usual? Will that DOWNGRADE for me or will it give me an error? And what about BBM7? Will I have to download again? Do I lose my contacts? Because i can't save them anymore with BBM7 but OS 580 didn't have BBM7...
    I'm not sure about shrinking and running Apploader. But you should try using Desktop Manager to at least create a backup of your phone. I also think BBM has a feature to backup your contacts via email. Its in the BBM option somewhere.

Now that I'm back to .580 I have BBM7 and all my contacts, so it shouldn't be a problem. I just used DM to create a backup and downgraded.

I've always used DM for everything, so I'm not sure of the other ways.

Good Luck!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    12-28-12 09:10 AM
    I have the same exact problem! I thought it would go away after some reboots and deleting some unimportant files but the problem remains and its very frustrating. I have to reboot my phone everytime I want too use the browser. I don't know about you but for me it loads up my google search perfectly but when I go to click on something or when I go to a website directly is when it shows up. I also dont want to have to downgrade because this is the only bug I have noticed in this build, compared to dozens in .580.
    I had a problem where, after being on Wi-Fi, the phone would have trouble handing off to 3G/CDMA (BeWeather & Opera worked, Facebook & Twitter & Browser no dice).

My Solution: Options -> Network & Connections -> Mobile Network -> Change "Network Technology" from Auto to 1XEV (for 9930/CDMA) and you may have to reboot for the change to take affect. It worked, whether it was a coincidence or not, I don't know.

- Scott
    12-29-12 10:12 AM
    hi would this update from Verizon be worth updated from sprint 7.1.0.580
    12-29-12 05:21 PM
    hi would this update from Verizon be worth updated from sprint 7.1.0.580
    For me, no... battery life seems to be draining faster than before... switching back now.
    12-31-12 10:30 AM
    Thanks very much for this useful post, but I have some points to share:

For the past months I've been flashing my device with the new 7.1 OS that RIM have been developing. As we all know the new OS brings enhancements such as snappier web browsing, less crashing & slowdown & better battery life.

Unfortunately since version 7.1.0.694 (Bundle 1997 for AT&T) I have been unable to continue updating appropriately. I follow every single step using app loader, but when the installation goes trough for some reason the device is not registering on the wireless network (the four blackberry white dots never appears beside the 4G logo), even tough I have full wireless signal for calls, I cannot use my BBM.

I have studied the case & I know it have to do with the HRT (Host Routing Table), unfortunately when flashing the newest builds I have tried tons of times re sending the HRT manually, but the device does not register. Also I have called the carrier (Digicel Panama), & they even have resent the service books, but the new software wont register either.

It is kind of weird because every single build until 1997 worked flawlessly, but after this no other one works. when I go to the RIM software download page I see that for Digicel Panama they have the 7.1.0.523 (Bundle 1647) as their latest, but this is not an issue because I'm running AT&T Bundle 1997 which is many steps above.

I have done battery pulls, manual resets, everything & the new OS simply wont register the device to the network.

The current Official OS that have not work are:

7.1.0.714(Bundle 2039)
    7.1.0.746(Bundle 2102)
    7.1.0.794(Bundle 2218)

I know it have to be an issue with the Carrier because I recently flashed OS 7.1.0.746(Bundle 2102) on my Wife 9360 for the CLARO Carrier W\O any issues.

I remember sometime ago the IT guy at my job explaining me that it have to do with the vendor file of the carrier.

I know there is something wrong because it's weird that other people worldwide are able to flash their OS without any issues & I'm struggling with the latest releases. Proof of that is that my wife is on a different Carrier & every new OS that comes out is flashed W\O any problems.

I guess I will need to stick to Bundle 1997 until my contract finishes, then unlock this phone & register it with the CLARO network or until I get my new Blackberry 10 L device.

This could well be a vendor issue. I have personal experience with a vendor in the US which blocked the release of an update to a perfectly usable device in order to sell the next model hardware. Some other vendors overseas block the installation of the BIS Enterprise Activation app (likely to enhance their revenue from the customer).

Happy 2013
    12-31-12 09:42 PM
    when I go to the RIM software download page I see that for Digicel Panama they have the 7.1.0.523 (Bundle 1647) as their latest, but this is not an issue because I'm running AT&T Bundle 1997 which is many steps above.
    Many steps below. AT&T builds are ancient... and this is the 9930 OS thread.
    12-31-12 10:02 PM
    I found the major change in the OS is when as I found out the other day, you forget to pay your bill, Big Red shuts down the phone not only to their network, but Wi-Fi is also shut down. I guess this is their way of saying pay your bill on time stupid.
    01-07-13 09:40 AM
    I found the major change in the OS is when as I found out the other day, you forget to pay your bill, Big Red shuts down the phone not only to their network, but Wi-Fi is also shut down. I guess this is their way of saying pay your bill on time stupid.
    Wow.. Crazy how much control they have... That's ridiculous though shutting down the Wi-Fi!.. That has nothing to do with their service... They should not be aloud control of that..

I'm switching to Sprint when my contract expires. Verizon has too many surprises...
    01-08-13 12:32 AM
    I've been using this OS almost 2 weeks already. I read about battery usage, BB already has the worst batter in the world so how worse it could be I was saying. But this OS update made my dreams true!

1. Battery - I don't know where to check discharge rate but battery cannot long last more than half day, with .580 I was able to use at least 12 hours.
    2. Speed and memory - To be honest fastest rom I ever used in 9930, memory leak is quite low. with .580 I had to reset at least once a day, this one can go more than one day but not more than 2 days.
    3. Wireless - Cannot connect by itself, have to go to menu and choose the saved network from the list. .580 was also like that, but this one keep disconnecting by itself, and not reconnecting.
    4. Sim network - Sometimes showing 1x, or showing full 3G but no connection, but generally is oke in Indonesia CDMA. I was in Singapore the other day, using Starhub Gsm was a total disaster, my friend's 9790 was full 3G coverage on 20th floor where I can't even find coverage on second floor or inside a shop.

Conclusion: .580 was not good, but definitely better than .755. Extremely not advised.
    01-18-13 11:36 AM
    1. Battery - I don't know where to check discharge rate but battery cannot long last more than half day, with .580 I was able to use at least 12 hours.
    LOL

Last time I checked half a day was 12 hours !!!
    01-18-13 11:38 AM
    LOL

Last time I checked half a day was 12 hours !!!
    I mean working hours, or at least not sleeping hours :P:P:P

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-19-13 02:47 AM
    I see the Verizon software I downloaded but it will not in install any help
    01-19-13 06:38 PM
    I see the Verizon software I downloaded but it will not in install any help
    Vendor.xml files deleted?
    01-19-13 06:51 PM
    yeap I don't even see this any more Vendor.xml files deleted when I use the app loader to install os
    01-19-13 07:33 PM
    Will Verizon release another update for the 9930?
    03-24-13 04:18 PM
    OS v7.1.0.755 NOW AVAILABLE via Verizon Wireless' host site at: BlackBerry� Software Updates

Select the 9930, input random phone number, hit download.
    04-16-13 01:51 PM
    amazing..thank a lot
    05-09-13 04:00 PM
    Has anyone had issues with 7.1.0.755 bricking (like when battery drains below 10% then charged for a long time) ?
    Last edited by Nicholi; 06-03-13 at 05:27 PM.
    06-02-13 11:29 PM
    Nope. This has to be the most stable OS that I've seen on a VZW BlackBerry.
    06-09-13 08:12 PM
    I don't know if anyone still cares, but it looks like verizon just rolled out 7.1.0.991. Funny, I almost got the Q10 today.
    06-20-13 08:25 PM
    I don't know if anyone still cares, but it looks like verizon just rolled out 7.1.0.991. Funny, I almost got the Q10 today.
    Via ota it seems. It's not appearing on their OS download site located here: BlackBerry� Software Updates
    06-20-13 08:37 PM
147 ... 456