Installed this latest upgrade directly to my 9930, did not have to connect to "desktop manager" although the original msg box indicted that would be necessary, it was an overnight install.
    11-21-12 08:08 AM
    What icon is network extender icon?
    11-21-12 08:35 AM
    What icon is network extender icon?
    Tiny icon top middle of screen.

11-22-12 01:21 AM
    I let the phone download the system upgrade and let it start the upgrade at about 11pm due to the "this may take 2 hours" warning. 8am the next day it was still on 1% of completing its backup. I let it go another 2 hours but no change so I pulled the battery. On re-insertion it tried to continue the install, but was clearly getting nowhere. I went to the Verizon store for a replacement under warranty but during the drive there, while trying a restart again, it showed a boot message saying I could rollback by pressing any key. So I did. And after an hour or so it rolled back - minus all my contact data, old messages/TXTs, or calendar data. I thought I could restore from the laptop backup but the desktop app won't connect to the unit.

So last night I tried the upgrade again, knowing I won't need it today and I can get a next day replacement anyway.

Same thing - 12 hours on 1% backup of existing system, but now I can't get to the "rollback" option.

How the heck do I get it to bomb out of the upgrade and force a rollback?
    11-22-12 09:57 AM
    That's why I never do ota updates. Return it for a replacement. Sorry you had to go through this.
    11-22-12 10:21 AM
    I let the phone download the system upgrade and let it start the upgrade at about 11pm due to the "this may take 2 hours" warning. 8am the next day it was still on 1% of completing its backup. I let it go another 2 hours but no change so I pulled the battery. On re-insertion it tried to continue the install, but was clearly getting nowhere. I went to the Verizon store for a replacement under warranty but during the drive there, while trying a restart again, it showed a boot message saying I could rollback by pressing any key. So I did. And after an hour or so it rolled back - minus all my contact data, old messages/TXTs, or calendar data. I thought I could restore from the laptop backup but the desktop app won't connect to the unit.

So last night I tried the upgrade again, knowing I won't need it today and I can get a next day replacement anyway.

Same thing - 12 hours on 1% backup of existing system, but now I can't get to the "rollback" option.

You could try rebooting your PC while your device is plugged in; failing that, return it for a replacement as princebb suggests.
    11-22-12 12:10 PM
    You could try rebooting your PC while your device is plugged in; failing that, return it for a replacement as princebb suggests.
    I think you meant rebooting device, not PC.

With Desktop Manager open (and connected to your company network if on BES), connect USB cable to device, remove/replace the device battery.
    11-22-12 03:04 PM
    I think you meant rebooting device, not PC. With Desktop Manager open (and connected to your company network if on BES), connect USB cable to device, remove/replace the device battery.
    Quite sure I meant restart the machine running whatever variant of Windows is on on it.
    11-22-12 03:44 PM
    Quite sure I meant restart the machine running whatever variant of Windows is on on it.
    Mike Southern, try both. Rebooting PC and rebooting device as outlined above.
    11-22-12 04:21 PM
    I noticed it says "Remove" instead of "Delete" when things are being deleted/removed in this OS 7.1.0.755.. It asks "Delete item?" and then the choice to "Remove" or "Cancel." Not to big of a change, just something that caught my eye.
    11-22-12 11:07 PM
    Get BBSAK and wipe the device, then go to DM and install the upgrade.
    11-23-12 11:11 AM
    after taking this update, my battery life is just terrible...
    flyingsolid likes this.
    11-23-12 02:14 PM
    My battery life is about the same as on .580
    11-23-12 02:39 PM

I forgot to quote you earlier.

Get BBSAK and wipe the device, then go to DM and install the upgrade.
    jmackc likes this.
    11-23-12 02:57 PM
    My battery is about the same as well. I really have not noticed any changes.
    11-23-12 04:44 PM
    after taking this update, my battery life is just terrible...
    My battery life is in the toilet too, the little hourglass/clock icon is constantly blinking like it is running something even while its sitting unused. I have charged it twice today...
    11-24-12 12:01 AM
    My battery life seems to be a tad better than .580, but that could be my imagination though. Certainly not any worse....

MY issue, however, is the custom LED notifications like the 9900 people have with .694. I'm not seeing that option on this OS, and was wondering if anyone else was? I've edited specific contacts and still only see "On/Off/Active Profile" as my 3 choices for the LED notifications...nothing about setting custom colours. I'm still using BeBuzz and don't have an issue with it, but if BB has incorporated something that will replace a 3rd party app (much like BB Protect did with those earlier apps) I'd like to try it and free up some memory. Bueller? Anyone?
    Last edited by PJD642; 11-30-12 at 08:07 AM.
    11-24-12 09:42 AM
    My battery life is in the toilet too, the little hourglass/clock icon is constantly blinking like it is running something even while its sitting unused. I have charged it twice today...
    That is seriously f*ed up. If you're still getting the clock after several battery pulls, I'd suggest using BB Boss 2.2 or BBSAK, wiping the phone, and doing a fresh install.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    11-24-12 09:43 AM
    My battery life went in the crapper after install on Monday. It was much worse than .580. I gave it a couple of days to settle in, no improvement. Wiped with BBSAK and reloaded, seems MUCH better now.

PJD, I don't see a custom LED option. I think this was reported earlier that VZ did not enable this feature. I wonder if there is an unlock code, like "BBDA"?
    flyingsolid likes this.
    11-24-12 07:36 PM
    Same EXACT thing happened to me over the past couple days. I am hoping that Blackberry Protect saved my contacts.
    11-25-12 09:35 AM
    Replying to my own post, battery life is still in the crapper. May revert back to .580.

Anyone else having poor battery life on this build?
    Last edited by mboujoul; 11-26-12 at 05:13 PM.
    11-26-12 04:56 PM
    Battery life is very poor after this update...
    11-26-12 05:56 PM
    REUBECHS: Please advise where i can get your theme. i like it. thanks,
    11-28-12 10:34 AM
    That's why I never do ota updates. Return it for a replacement. Sorry you had to go through this.
    Just wipe it and reload the OS, no need to get a replacement.
    11-28-12 11:11 AM
    After updating the device to .755, every time I visit App World, the device updates Blackberry I.D. Then, when I plug into DM, it downgrades the core software.

I'm stuck in a loop, App World updates, DM downgrades core software. I tried uninstalling the PC install of .755, but then the device won't connect.

Any ideas?
    11-29-12 11:18 PM
147 ... 23456