I was just issued a Verizon 9930 for work. I am used to T Mobile, and using app loader. But this am there was an option on the 9930 to upgrade, so I clicked it, and it is upgrading over the air. It even gave me a few shrink options! All new to me, we shall see how this turns out.
    11-18-12 08:39 AM
    Well is that not cool! Cycled through, started back up, and now I have 755 on the phone. No wires, no PC, no muss, no fuss!
    LiniaFL likes this.
    11-18-12 09:05 AM
    Congratulations! OTA upgrades can sometimes be a little iffy. Glad it worked out for you.
    11-18-12 09:26 AM
    Lost one email account can't bring it back after update. Any help would be helpful..
    11-18-12 11:27 AM
    Lost one email account can't bring it back after update. Any help would be helpful..
    Try setting up the email account again: Setup -> Email Accounts -> Internet Mail Account: "add another email address". If the missing address is already listed there, try sending service books.
    11-18-12 12:17 PM
    Anyone use m.espn.com? The gamecast no longer working after this update...
    11-18-12 04:52 PM
    Anyone use m.espn.com? The gamecast no longer working after this update...
    Seems to be okay for me here. I just updated last night and no issues with ESPN.
    11-18-12 05:09 PM
    so weird, i just tried again and it worked. all day yesterday and earlier today it wouldn't give me the full page as if it was hanging or something.
    11-18-12 07:08 PM
    I found another fallout from the upgrade. If you were using the original Gmail app, that has been rendered useless now.
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling as found here:.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-gmail-672195/
    Itstakenovermylife likes this.
    11-18-12 08:34 PM
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling as found here:.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-gmail-672195/
    If at first you don't succeed, try try again!! I re-did this 3 times, and the 3rd time was the charm! Thank you!!
    Last edited by Itstakenovermylife; 11-19-12 at 06:47 AM.
    mikeplus1 likes this.
    11-19-12 05:00 AM
    Why not just use the Blackberry Desktop software to do the device upgrade?
    (honest question, wondering why one would go through all of the steps listed above rather than the one step method offered by the desktop software?)
    I agree. I updated using Desktop software with no issues.
    11-19-12 10:33 AM
    I had no problems updating the OS, as usual, but, again as usual, it took me a couple of tries to get the DM software updated!! (I sure hope that BB10 has a completely new, not updated, DM software!)

At any rate, since the update my 9930 has been freezing up at times. Specifically, when I do a reboot my BB boots up again OK, but the touch screen and all of the buttons do not work. It is basically a brick with a pretty screen (my wallpaper and first line of icons all show). Now, here is the even wierder part, if I plug it in to charge, and it goes to bedside mode, and then unplug it, everything then works! Any ideas?
    11-19-12 04:27 PM
    Here's my updated OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE
    (updated 2012-09-01)

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
      *If 100% certain you previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
      64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS) or BB Boss v2.2 (not as updated as BBHT).
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

**TROUBLESHOOTING**
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
      64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    I've never updated through apploader before so I appreciate the step-by-step. However, as I was doing it (I have Sprint by the way), I deleted the vendor file first and then opened up DM to back up my device and right when my device connected to DM before I had the chance to click the "Backup Now" button, the box popped up saying there was an update available for the .755 version. Is that because I already had it installed on my PC? I was just confused because the way you explain it is to close DM and I am currently using it to update the OS and I didn't click Loader or anything like that.

EDIT: Oh and I have the 9850. I forgot this was the 9930 forum but my question still applies I guess.
    11-19-12 06:28 PM
    I just realized how terrible of an idea it is to OTA. It took me 2 hours to finish the upgrade...
    11-19-12 08:24 PM
    That's one of the reasons I never do ota upgrades. Next time try apploader, takes maybe 30-35 minutes and that includes using BBH Tool to shrink the os.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    11-19-12 11:28 PM
    Is cell broadcast present in this os build? That is all I need to know.
    11-20-12 12:57 AM
    That's one of the reasons I never do ota upgrades. Next time try apploader, takes maybe 30-35 minutes and that includes using BBH Tool to shrink the os.
    I usually shrink the OS with BBH Tool, but I don't know why I was so lazy. The OTA button came up and I said "Eh... why not." Big mistake haha. The whole process took over 2 hours. Never again.
    11-20-12 10:39 AM
    This was one of the easiest & quickest upgrades I've done since owning a BB! EVERYTHING, and I mean everything (except for BBM 7.0) was backed up and reinstalled. Even the legacy or non-supported stuff that I normally have to reinstall by copying .CODs - Kindle, Google quicksearch, Blackstar GPS, etc. - it was all there & working! A couple of license keys needed entering, but overall this was a VERY smooth & easy upgrade! Browser does seem slightly faster, not much else I've noticed yet. I'd been running .580 so I'll see how battery life goes....
    11-20-12 10:57 AM
    anyone getting any random reboots? just got one, but wiped again and installed again... let's see if it was just a bad load the first time.
    11-20-12 02:36 PM
    anyone getting any random reboots? just got one, but wiped again and installed again... let's see if it was just a bad load the first time.
    No reboots for me. Only bug I've found is that it's unable to find server sometimes when in the browser.
    11-20-12 02:47 PM
    No random reboots or bugs, yet.

Hopefully your wipe and reload fixes it.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    dimm0k likes this.
    11-20-12 03:55 PM
    No bugs or random reboots for me. Hope your wipe and reload works for you.
    dimm0k likes this.
    11-20-12 05:12 PM
    has anybody had the text messaging app act funny. Sometimes I get a text and when I open the app its not there. especially to the text message people I have added to the BBM app.
    11-20-12 05:45 PM
    No reboots for me. Only bug I've found is that it's unable to find server sometimes when in the browser.
    this has been happening to me too. My facebook, twitter, and web browser are not finding service to work with.
    11-21-12 12:57 AM
    has anybody had the text messaging app act funny. Sometimes I get a text and when I open the app its not there. especially to the text message people I have added to the BBM app.
    I believe this is a known bug.
    I read about it somewhere else here on CB. Look around. There must be another thread.
    11-21-12 06:16 AM
147 12345 ...