So i love the 9930 Hard Shell Case but i also need some way to carry it besides my pockets. I also hate switching out cases just to use one that has a holster combo. Well i just happened to see if the OEM Hard Shell fits my Holster from Sprints Holster/Shield combo and it does! It fits snug but doesn't lock or anything so it could get dislodged if you are wearing it sideways. I've rocked it sideways and up for days and it works fine. Im sure it can be adjusted to fit tighter if someone wants but its working flawless for me. Just wanted to share this!
    09-19-11 07:32 PM
    looking good man!
    09-19-11 08:12 PM
    Nice! Mind taking some more pics of the phone with the white case on? Like the screen side and what-not? I'm debating about the white or black case. Thanks!
    09-19-11 11:51 PM
    Hmmm. I like this combo. Maybe I'll get it, although I don't know how durable the hardshell is....
    09-20-11 12:05 AM
    That white case looks great on the phone..... Fantastic
    09-20-11 01:30 AM
    "Nice! Mind taking some more pics of the phone with the white case on? Like the screen side and what-not? I'm debating about the white or black case. Thanks!"

There are some really good pics of this case already on these forums.. But here are a few i snapped.
    09-20-11 01:32 AM
    Thanks for this tip. I might go with a similar setup. I had in mind using this but clipping it to the inside of pocket just incase it does come lose. I've done that with my otterbox deffender and it fits fine for all my pockets and I like it better then having it on belt.

Is there a link or name for this holster? Is it actually designed for the 99's or does it just happen to work? Does it have the magnet? Also how much did it cost you?

I'm not happy with the case/holster situation for the new Bold. It's a great phone with pretty crappy hosiery options.
    Last edited by berryboba; 09-20-11 at 09:11 AM.
    09-20-11 09:09 AM
    Looks good!! Did you buy the white online? Haven't found it available in white online yet, unless you bought it in a physical store?

I just bought the pouch for this, but I'm thinking of purchasing the hard shell as well. Debating between black or white. Does the white get dirty or anything? Black looks real classy, yet the white is totally different .
    09-20-11 09:45 AM
    Thanks for this tip. I might go with a similar setup. I had in mind using this but clipping it to the inside of pocket just incase it does come lose. I've done that with my otterbox deffender and it fits fine for all my pockets and I like it better then having it on belt.

Is there a link or name for this holster? Is it actually designed for the 99's or does it just happen to work? Does it have the magnet? Also how much did it cost you?

I'm not happy with the case/holster situation for the new Bold. It's a great phone with pretty crappy hosiery options.
    Holster and Shield Combo - Item # CHB4477R
    Sprint - All Accessories

The case is designed for the 9900s yes. It wasn't designed to use the OEM Hard Case with it, no. No magnet. I bought it from the sprint store for i believe 24$.
    Saiga likes this.
    09-20-11 12:38 PM
    Looks good!! Did you buy the white online? Haven't found it available in white online yet, unless you bought it in a physical store?

I just bought the pouch for this, but I'm thinking of purchasing the hard shell as well. Debating between black or white. Does the white get dirty or anything? Black looks real classy, yet the white is totally different .
    Amazon.com $14.95
    Amazon.com: OEM Blackberry WHITE Hard Shell Case Cover for Bold Touch 9930 9900: Electronics

Yes, the white does get dirty around the soft edges. The Hard back stays perfectly white and is easy to clean. I think you can find the black one for like $9 not including shipping there as well. Cheers!
    09-20-11 12:47 PM
    do these cases stick out a little on the front of the phone to protect the screen from being scratch say if you placed the phone on a table Face down?
    09-20-11 03:03 PM
    Looks great! Ordered the white case for my wife not too long ago, should be here soon. Pics look awesome.
    09-20-11 03:08 PM
    do these cases stick out a little on the front of the phone to protect the screen from being scratch say if you placed the phone on a table Face down?
    Not a lot that I notice, but with the case and a screen protector you should be good.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-20-11 03:28 PM
    edit: found answer
    09-22-11 06:38 PM
    Wow looks good!
    09-22-11 07:30 PM
    Just purchased the white one on Amazon, waiting for it to arrive!!
    09-22-11 08:08 PM
    Just purchased the white one on Amazon, waiting for it to arrive!!
    Mine came in today and I am trying to figure out how to carry it since the holster that came with the phone is a no-go. I'm wondering if one of the Seido holster for their hardcases would work?
    01-26-12 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD