I visited a Verizon store today on a whim and asked when they expect any new BB's. October was the answer I got. The sales rep didn't seem to know much more than that. He said there will be another Torch and another Bold with touchscreen. They were really trying to sell the 4G devices as others have noted in the forums. I really hope October is not the release month. Like many of you it will be difficult to remain patient for 3 more months.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-11 05:21 PM
    I doubt it. While its possible as we have no release date and anything could happen, id bet on late august earlier September the latest.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    07-21-11 05:49 PM
    Reps know nothing. Period. End of story.
    07-21-11 05:49 PM
    Bro, just stop talking now. No way it's coming out in October. Basically you're saying the UK will get it before Verizon? sike
    07-21-11 06:04 PM
    Bro, just stop talking now. No way it's coming out in October. Basically you're saying the UK will get it before Verizon? sike
    And you think the UK won't?

07-21-11 06:06 PM
    And you think the UK won't?

My opinion is that the UK won't get an official release of the BlackBerry Bold 9930 before Verizon.
    07-21-11 06:07 PM
    My opinion is that the UK won't get an official release of the BlackBerry Bold 9930 before Verizon.
    The only reason why I disagree is the whole DEMAND vs GSM standard. GSM is more globally accepted and I think would be easier to set up a launch for vs. a handful of CDMA carries in comparison.

ridesno159 likes this.
    07-21-11 06:11 PM
    Being the UK is all GSM they won't ever get the 9930...

I'm in the boat that the UK will get the new Bold Touch before Verizon. We've seen many more information leaks from them than anywhere else.
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    07-21-11 06:15 PM
    The UK won't get an official release of the 9930 ever... we don't do CDMA over here

Remember who owns 40% of Verizon? That's right, the worlds largest GSM carrier

07-21-11 06:18 PM
    I am just waiting for an official carrier release date. I have read so many post here that I just gave up on getting excited and depressed over reading the release dates.

x2 on Reps not knowing anything. I think I will just buy a magic 8 ball and ask it daily "When will the new Blackberry come out?"
    07-21-11 06:46 PM
    The only reason why I disagree is the whole DEMAND vs GSM standard. GSM is more globally accepted and I think would be easier to set up a launch for vs. a handful of CDMA carries in comparison.

Whatever, but generally speaking of the BlackBerry Bold Touch, Verizon will probably get it first. There will probably be less of a demand for the 9930 since only Sprint and Verizon use them plus there was already a link of a bb pictured with a load-up Verizon screen. I didn't see no UK carriers with a boot-up screen on the 9900/9930. However, I do agree that GSM is more globally accepted, not going to argue that point.
    Like you said though it would be easier to launch a handful of CDMA phones versus a large amount of GSM phones thus why Verizon may get it first.
    07-21-11 07:20 PM
    The rep. told you Oct. because he was hoping that you will see it as being "too far off" in distant future that you would break down and buy an android device.

I call CS about once a week to see if anything is showing in their systems. All I get is "No im sorry I don't see anything, but we are releasing blah blah blah android phone soon" Im really getting sick of trying to be pushed into these phones!
    07-21-11 07:27 PM
    The rep. told you Oct. because he was hoping that you will see it as being "too far off" in distant future that you would break down and by an android device.

I call CS about once a week to see if anything is showing in their systems. All I get is "No im sorry I don't see anything, but we are releasing blah blah blah android phone soon" Im really getting sick of trying to be pushed into these phones!
    Exactly, especially with Verizon pushing the Android phones is more than possible this happened. I hope it actually does a surprise release on the 28th.
    07-21-11 07:28 PM
    I think it is silly to say, HEY the UK wont get the 9930 because it isn't GSM. I think we all know the gist of what everyone is trying to say. No real need to argue over semantics.

With that said. If october is the release month than this Droid 2 will probably be replaced by a dumb phone as I would rather have no email or internet than deal with its UI. **** I can't send email so no real loss if I don't get it either.
    07-21-11 07:48 PM
    There should be a sticky that states it is forbidden to post information from sales reps in a new thread.
    brewkelyn likes this.
    07-21-11 08:24 PM
    The rep. told you Oct. because he was hoping that you will see it as being "too far off" in distant future that you would break down and buy an android device.

^this.

In fact this was a tactic I was taught when I worked for tmobile.

Sooooooo, cool story broseph.
    07-21-11 08:31 PM
    First of all the only difference between cdma and gsm is the radio the rest is all the same . Software difference so its not that big of a deal!
    07-21-11 08:48 PM
    I think those who said it was a sales tactic makes sense. They didn't get me to take the hook though. I did find it interesting that October was what I was told when all the rumors are for this month or the next. Never being in sales myself, I have never quite understood the whole "sell now" strategy because it kicks customer service and satisfaction right out the window in my opinion.

Anyway, I hope all that know a lot more about the business end of the wireless world are correct in that Verizon will get this gem of a phone first and soon. I am ready for the goods.
    07-21-11 09:30 PM
    I visited a Verizon store today on a whim and asked when they expect any new BB's. October was the answer I got. The sales rep didn't seem to know much more than that. He said there will be another Torch and another Bold with touchscreen. They were really trying to sell the 4G devices as others have noted in the forums. I really hope October is not the release month. Like many of you it will be difficult to remain patient for 3 more months.

The ***** reps never know anything about BB release dates. Surprised they didn't try and switch you over to an android while you were there, they tried three timnes in a row with me(each time a different visit over the past two months).

If October happens to come and this phone hasn't been out for at least a month, I am passing on BB and their ****.
    07-22-11 02:16 AM

Ding Ding Ding!!! We have a winner!!!!
    07-22-11 08:04 AM
    Whatever, but generally speaking of the BlackBerry Bold Touch, Verizon will probably get it first. There will probably be less of a demand for the 9930 since only Sprint and Verizon use them plus there was already a link of a bb pictured with a load-up Verizon screen. I didn't see no UK carriers with a boot-up screen on the 9900/9930. However, I do agree that GSM is more globally accepted, not going to argue that point.
    Like you said though it would be easier to launch a handful of CDMA phones versus a large amount of GSM phones thus why Verizon may get it first.
    i doubt verizon will get it before anyone! why would they release a flagship phone on CDMA? where MOST of the demand is on GSM?? it'll be a tease for the GSM users and it'll probably make them even more angry

Canada just converted their major carriers to GSM as well..

but then again u never know u could be right and then u can come back and say UP YOURS EVERYONE! : >
    Last edited by knowledge_6; 07-22-11 at 08:32 AM.
    07-22-11 08:30 AM
    Aug 15th seems to be the consensus date here in the UK, with some retailers accepting pre-orders with delivery on Aug 15th.

I'm expecting Vodafone to open pre-order at end of this month for 9900. The other thing I noticed from reading various bolgs, forums etc, RIM may be aiming for a global launch, may be releasing device across different markets within the same week. Not sure about US though.
    07-22-11 09:36 AM
    We have seen a SKU list from Sprint that pointed to 8/21 as being the launch day for the 9930 and the 9850/9860 (whichever one is CDMA), but I don't recall anything leaking for other US carriers suggesting specific dates, but I might have missed it.
    07-22-11 10:18 AM
    it better drop soon...I cant take it any longer@!!!!!!!
    07-22-11 10:38 AM
    i doubt verizon will get it before anyone! why would they release a flagship phone on CDMA? where MOST of the demand is on GSM?? it'll be a tease for the GSM users and it'll probably make them even more angry

Canada just converted their major carriers to GSM as well..

but then again u never know u could be right and then u can come back and say UP YOURS EVERYONE! : >
    Lmao, you never know. All that we can do is wait.
    07-22-11 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD