Finally got the OEM leather holster today in the mail after I found a cheap place to get one. The included holster had been working fine for me once I turned the screen to face inwards due to the now well know stitch markings that were starting to happen on the screen from having it face out in the holster. Anyhow I had been curious if there was a true difference between these holsters and there definitely is. Although I am not sure if one is reeeeeally better than the other.

The Verizon holster fits my phone tighter and feels more secure, but it also feels like a fake leather material on the outside. On the inside it has a black "felt" like material but the inner stitching was giving my screen actual stitch marks until I turned the phone inwards where by the markings stopped. It also has a row a pointless seeming stitches center right of the inside part of the outside wall. This seems like it could also start to add stitch marks to your screen after a bit of use.

The OEM leather holster feels like real leather on the outside and is more bumpy in appearance, but has a loose or less snug feel compared to the prior mentioned when the phone is inside it. I am pretty certain it would take a good deal of force to make my phone pop out of it though. I have yet to test my phone in it with the screen facing out, but the stitching on the inside of this one seems to be protruded just as much if not more than the prior. So I have a feeling the same thing will occur. But I seem to have gotten used to facing my screen in now, so I think I will just continue doing so. Seems better anyhow as none of the top part of my screen is exposed any more by doing that, just the back top end of the phone which is less damaging if it were to get hit or scratched. The inside of this holster has a more cloth like feel to it (which is grey in coloration), not sure if that makes it any better than the prior either, but has no pointless row of stitches close to the center inner wall like I mentioned about the VZW holster. Altogether this one does appear better made on the outside with higher quality. Time will tell if I keep using this one or go back to the VZW one since I like the really tight/snug fit a little better.

Anyhow I thought perhaps there might be more out there who like myself were wondering if there was truly a difference between the included VZW holster and the OEM holster.

*disclaimer* The pics were taken with my 9930, thus the reason why there are no high quality close up pics of these holsters

(pics 3 & 5 are the VZW holster, 4 & 6 the OEM)
    Last edited by lovin2act; 09-20-11 at 10:24 PM.
    joesworld likes this.
    09-20-11 06:07 PM
    I have both and there is some differences but both work the same IMO. I prefer a holster over a case on the bold its such a nice device to type on and hold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-11 06:26 PM
    I have both and there is some differences but both work the same IMO. I prefer a holster over a case on the bold its such a nice device to type on and hold.

Same here friend...same here
    09-20-11 06:30 PM
    Think it was designed to have the device face in since the front part of the holster almost perfectly covers the shiny back of the device where the camera is. I always had it face in due to the fact that some of the front was still exposed.

09-20-11 06:38 PM
    Think it was designed to have the device face in since the front part of the holster almost perfectly covers the shiny back of the device where the camera is. I always had it face in due to the fact that some of the front was still exposed.

I used to think the opposite, especially with prior models I had...8100, 8320, 8900, 9700....but now I am a "phone facing in" convert with the 9930
    09-20-11 06:43 PM
    But you're hiding the notification light... that's the only reason why I still face out in the holster.
    09-20-11 07:35 PM
    Haha yeah I feel you, but then I thought about how often I have it off my belt in the holster...and it was pretty much nill. And if it's on my belt I can't see the light anyhow I would probably go back to face out again if I knew for sure my screen would be free of marks.

09-20-11 07:43 PM
    I'm waiting for Seidio to come out with a clip-in holster for a naked 9930. They have their Surface Holster "Coming Soon" but I don't want to put a case on the 9930. I hope they release one for a naked 9930 also.
    09-20-11 07:47 PM
    I like nakedness too

09-20-11 07:51 PM
    If I'm not mistaken the supplied holster thats in the Verizon package is KOSKIN, and exotic synthetic animal! LOL
    lovin2act likes this.
    09-21-11 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD