Hey guys,
    I've been lurking around crackberry for some time to inform myself of the latest things I can do with my new 9930. I've done a search for this problem but I'm not able to find an answer that actually is in regards to my problem. There are answers as to why this occurs, but not how to remove or fix it.

Ok so basically, what my issue is:
    When I send an SMS longer than the standard limit (160 characters), it will move on to make a second sms, and third, etc etc depending on how long you wish to make it. That's all fine and dandy, I understand that there is an SMS limit.

The problem and issue that occurs for me is for the RECEIVER, who would receive the extra long sms in subsequent sms's, rather than just ONE long sms. I've had many phones before, nokia e71, n95, android handsets, iphones, and they all DONT do this. They would notify that you've gone over the sms limit and move on to making the second automatically, but when the sms is sent, it will be received as ONE message.

Now, normally i wouldnt really care about this, but my friends who are receiving these sms' sometimes are not receiving the split sms's in order! They would get the sms in a random order like 1/5.. then 4/5.. then 2/5... then 3/5.. etc etc.

Now, the question i pose to you guys is, can this be fixed? The reason why I question that it CAN be fixed is because my friend has the 9900, who he bought from optus in australia, whereas I got mine imported from the US from the sprint carrier and using here in australia on vodafone. I tested this issue with his 9900, and NO problems! he would sent an extra long sms, past 2 standard sms lengths, and the recipient would receive the whole sms in one sms, not split sms.

Anyone know how I can fix this issue if it is even possible? I understand from my searching that Verizon have a 160 character limit for their sms, and im assuming so does sprint as it may be a CDMA thing, but this phone works in GSM aswell, and I don't see how the 9930 and 9900 can differ with this problem and why/how it can or cant be fixed

Your help would be greatly appreciated guys!

Sorry about the extra long post!
    10-22-11 01:35 AM
    it's not just with the 9900 and 9930...My torch does this. This is where the texts are being sent as MMS. Others can go more into detail on this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-11 02:37 AM
    On the 99xx devices, the most recent OS updates seem to correct this.

If you havent updated your OS, give it a shot.
    Last edited by jhamal242; 10-22-11 at 02:27 PM.
    10-22-11 04:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD