First of all let me just say that I love this phone! However, I have started noticing a lag: First in the OS - will become unresponsive to both the touchscreen and the trackpad. Several times, I've scrolled over to an app and clicked it, only to have the device not recognize my gesture.
    In the contacts - I will launch my contacs and it takes a while for it to scroll up or down and load contact pictures.
    Who else has experienced this? Faulty device or does OS need an update?, which I have updated it to the most recent one once I bought it.
    Thanks
    11-07-11 03:23 AM
    First of all let me just say that I love this phone! However, I have started noticing a lag: First in the OS - will become unresponsive to both the touchscreen and the trackpad. Several times, I've scrolled over to an app and clicked it, only to have the device not recognize my gesture.
    In the contacts - I will launch my contacs and it takes a while for it to scroll up or down and load contact pictures.
    Who else has experienced this? Faulty device or does OS need an update?, which I have updated it to the most recent one once I bought it.
    Thanks
    This is very normal and is one of the biggest reasons why most of us get so excited for new software leaks. It likely isn't a hardware issue and more software related.

I am also using a 9930 on .374, the latest version available for us (Verizon official). I'd say it has improved from older versions but has room for greater performance. I still do get the occasional lockup here and there.

The 9900 is up to .474 and from what I hear from users, it is a great OS. The problem for us 9930 users is that there are only a few CDMA carriers that have it available. Verizon, Sprint, and maybe a few others are all we can hope for. Other regional carriers like US Cellular for example don't even carry the expensive 9930 and mostly offer cheaper variants like the 9350 and 9850. So we basically have the most rare of devices considering the carriers around the world are mostly GSM and 9900s are more common.

So basically, the 9900 leaks are much more common. Verizon just updated their software to .374 weeks ago so I don't see another update for months from them. Our best bet is Sprint since they still have the original software they launched the device on and are likely to update soon.

So let's hope for a 4xx update soon from Sprint and improved performance. I have a feeling there is a lot more juice to get out of the hardware included in this device. Also, keep in mind that 7.1 is still in testing and likely to be officially be released within the next few months. Things can only get better.
    Last edited by UrbanGlowCam; 11-07-11 at 03:43 AM.
    11-07-11 03:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD