If Verizon get this, it would be great. A real shot in the arm.
    For sure. Both RIM and its user-base need a shot of something. Holy ****, it gets worse day by day around here!
    07-18-11 02:55 PM
    If [THIS] is what you mean the site looks pretty unreliable, and well, I'll say it, useless. They have the 9900 listed while the CDMA variant that VZW will be selling is the 9930. Other things are sketchy with the site too. Regardless, the site says August, not July 28th.
    Nope that is not what I was referring to. And as promised, here is the link:
    New Upcoming Verizon cell phones in the next half of 2011 | Verizon Cell Phones | Blog about Verizon Phones
    07-18-11 03:39 PM
    Nope that is not what I was referring to. And as promised, here is the link:
    New Upcoming Verizon cell phones in the next half of 2011 | Verizon Cell Phones | Blog about Verizon Phones
    Interesting... Too bad its a blog. But it got the droid 3 right it sounds like

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-11 04:42 PM
    Interesting... Too bad its a blog. But it got the droid 3 right it sounds like

Exactly, the other link I posted in this thread also had the correct launch date for the DROID 3, I believe. However, the only discouraging thing is hearing the the iPhone is rumored to launch in September. But, wouldn't launching the BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930 ahead of the iPhone 5 prove to be better in sales?
    07-18-11 04:46 PM
    Any updates on this, TMElectric?
    07-23-11 10:48 PM
    Been back twice to the same store to see if any more info about the release date has been leaked. I did not see the manager there and no one knew anything. The manager was the one that said July 28th.

As much as I want this true AND there seems to be indicators pointing toward this date, I am not feeling it now.
    07-23-11 11:58 PM
    Been back twice to the same store to see if any more info about the release date has been leaked. I did not see the manager there and no one knew anything. The manager was the one that said July 28th.

As much as I want this true AND there seems to be indicators pointing toward this date, I am not feeling it now.
    So basically you're saying it's not happening?
    07-24-11 12:58 AM
    So basically you're saying it's not happening?
    I'd love to be wrong, but have little faith in the 28th. If it were the 28th, I would think that we would be hearing leaks about in-store training and such.
    07-24-11 07:07 AM

I'm shocked!
    07-24-11 10:27 AM
    its not coming out this week. LOL we should've heard a announcement all ready
    07-24-11 11:49 AM
    but i think we'll hear the release date around the beginning of august if not then RIM screwed up big time!
    07-24-11 11:50 AM

maybe what happened to you is something like this (start at 2:37):

‪BarryDiamondComic's Channel‬‏ - YouTube

jk - oh well, whenever it comes out, it'll be worth the wait.
    07-24-11 12:00 PM
    I just returned from VZW and they said "its coming soon" but once again no date was discussed. They know the date, but cannot discuss it. What good this does, I have no idea. There is something strange going on. either the 9930 is a piece of shizznit or its great. either way, the release date is under wraps for a reason. what that could be, who knows. Its just a lesson in how "NOT TO MARKET" a product
    07-24-11 12:10 PM
    All it means is that VZW does not care enough to market it and it will likely get a quiet launch with not much going for it besides word of mouth.
    07-24-11 12:23 PM
    I just returned from VZW and they said "its coming soon" but once again no date was discussed. They know the date, but cannot discuss it. What good this does, I have no idea. There is something strange going on. either the 9930 is a piece of shizznit or its great. either way, the release date is under wraps for a reason. what that could be, who knows. Its just a lesson in how "NOT TO MARKET" a product
    I believe the reason RIM is being so quiet about the release date is, they are worrying that Apple will undercut them, and release the Iphone 5 days before the 9930. It absolutely makes no sense why RIM would be so secretive about a device that may become there flagship handset.
    07-24-11 12:35 PM
    I believe the reason RIM is being so quiet about the release date is, they are worrying that Apple will undercut them, and release the Iphone 5 days before the 9930. It absolutely makes no sense why RIM would be so secretive about a device that may become there flagship handset.
    For the bazillionth time....RIM ISN'T DETERMINING THE RELEASE DATE FOR THE USA CARRIERS!!!!!! The phones are made and sitting in warehouses somewhere ready to be released by the carriers when they decide to. RIM's job is done. Now its up to ATT, VZW, Sprint etc. to put them in the stores.

If you guys want to keep beating up someone about this phone not being out yet then start calling your wireless providers and ***** to them.
    Doc Z likes this.
    07-24-11 12:49 PM
    its not coming out this week. LOL we should've heard a announcement all ready
    right no announcement no nothin lol
    07-24-11 01:55 PM
    The Bold 9930 with VZW branding is solid enough to believe the July 28th release. If their is no announcement on Monday then all of us counting on 28th are F4CKED. Tired of waiting, the 9930 is losing more appeal everyday I wait for it.

SirVancelot likes this.
    07-24-11 03:50 PM
    its not coming out the 28th. Verizon would have gotten dummies or something. Ibet it drops late August or September.
    07-24-11 04:32 PM
    What I find very interesting from this thread, and a complete mystery to me, is why do so many people spend so much time going to Verizon stores? I go there and buy a phone, and then go back again two years later to get a new one. That's it!
    07-24-11 05:26 PM
    What I find very interesting from this thread, and a complete mystery to me, is why do so many people spend so much time going to Verizon stores? I go there and buy a phone, and then go back again two years later to get a new one. That's it!
    Hah when it's close to the release date, people tend to get impatient and feel like they might be able to milk something out of the reps if they go there. I found myself going to the Verizon store a few times last year when they got the Bold 9650 dummy model, so yea.

ANYWAYS, kinda interesting story.. My step dad went to the Verizon store today to get my step sister a new phone.. She went with him and she is younger so she wasn't getting a smartphone, and the rep knew that after speaking to them. So after picking out a phone for her, my step dad's phone went off (email message beep) so he checked his phone real fast (he has the Bold 9650) and he told me that the rep started flipping out saying how bad BlackBerrys were and how far behind RIM is and everything.. FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON! My step dad is a businessman and loves his BB, but they didn't even go to the store for him seeing as he is not due for an upgrade for a good year or so, BUT THE REP RANDOMLY STARTED BASHING BLACKBERRY like HARDCORE.. JUST to get his feelings out in the open or something!!!

I mean don't get me wrong, I hear stories of reps doing this when people are looking for an upgrade when their contract is up, but the rep going out of his way to bash my step dads phone for no apparent reason... Like come on, they honestly shouldn't be doing that.. Like they should get fired for doing sh*t like that...
    07-25-11 01:14 AM
    Just saw this on Android Central;

http://www.androidcentral.com/costco...ntil-september

You can see under the Verizon section that the BB touch will be in August. FWIW.
    07-25-11 07:44 AM
    Just saw this on Android Central;

Sams's Club not expecting the Droid Bionic until September? [Updated] | Android Central

You can see under the Verizon section that the BB touch will be in August. FWIW.
    Sounds like they mean the 9850, not the 9930, BUT who knows.
    07-25-11 09:34 AM
    I think that with how quiet of a release the Droid 3 was for Verizon.. makes this still possible. They push droids like crazy and still no one knew about it. Simply because they have blackberries on the back burner means that it could be just around the corner and we wouldn't know it..
    asdfjkandreax and mustangv8 like this.
    07-25-11 11:38 AM
    Hey guys take this for what it's worth.

I own a verizon store. Our supplier (huge supplier, supplies over 100 indirect retail stores) told us to order less blackberry bold's b.c a new one was going to come out. The manager of their warehouse told me also July 28th most likely. This guy has never been wrong before about droid releases but RIM's releases are always all screwed up.
    07-25-11 11:43 AM
182 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD