I was in the VZW store today and when I was talking to the manager and the few of the reps about the 9930 they had never even heard of it. They all agreed though that they needed new BB's and they were happy to hear that some new ones were coming when I told them about the new models.
    07-16-11 11:43 AM
    Simple reason as to why this new post is entirely wrong:

BlackBerry Device Roadmap for the US

The 9900 is not coming to Verizon... The 9930 is. Not to mention it says the Torch 2 will ONLY be CDMA at this time... So the Torch 1 is only GSM and this site is going out and saying the Torch 2 is going to be ONLY CDMA... Pshh I hate websites :/
    07-16-11 04:05 PM
    Simple reason as to why this new post is entirely wrong:

BlackBerry Device Roadmap for the US

The 9900 is not coming to Verizon... The 9930 is. Not to mention it says the Torch 2 will ONLY be CDMA at this time... So the Torch 1 is only GSM and this site is going out and saying the Torch 2 is going to be ONLY CDMA... Pshh I hate websites :/
    I think they were implying the 9930 as being included with 9900. Putting 99xx would have been better.

Rumor is T-Mobile will not carry the Torch 9860 anymore so the all CDMA for now could be true. They're not referring to the slider Torch 2 9810 as we've come to know it but rather the full touchscreen.

They're still saying the Torch 2 slider will be all GSM. It could be true that AT&T loses exclusivity. Maybe T-Mobile did drop the Monza 9860 full touch and is going with the slider instead.

They did actually have it under consideration so anything is possible.

Nothing is final until we hear official word from carriers. It's anyones guess what will hold true in the end. Next month everything should be more clear to us.
    07-16-11 04:32 PM
    Pshh remember the good old days when the Bold Touch was on this roadmap for late may early june.. Pshhh
    07-16-11 05:00 PM
    Like everyone else, I'm really hoping for that July 28th release but I won't be holding my breath. If it comes out, it comes out, if it doesn't it doesn't.
    07-16-11 05:09 PM
    Yeah, I'd like to see it the 28th also. I'm taking a small road trip on the 29th and wouldn't mind having my new phone...
    07-16-11 05:33 PM
    Would be nice to get it first, but I doubt it will be this soon. Verizon has had the longest BB drought. AT&T got the 9800, T-Mobile got the 9780, and Sprint got the 9670. Last we got was the 9650
    07-16-11 05:41 PM
    Sprint got the Bold 9650 (upgrade of the Tour 9630) end of May 2010

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-11 05:49 PM
    Yeah, I'd like to see it the 28th also. I'm taking a small road trip on the 29th and wouldn't mind having my new phone...

I hope they got all the bugs out. Nothing would be worse than buying one before taking it on a trip only to find something wrong with it and you are someplace that you can't exchange it.
    07-16-11 06:52 PM
    I hope they got all the bugs out. Nothing would be worse than buying one before taking it on a trip only to find something wrong with it and you are someplace that you can't exchange it.
    You are kidding right..? They delayed the phone like 2 months to make sure all of the bugs were out...
    07-16-11 07:40 PM
    You are kidding right..? They delayed the phone like 2 months to make sure all of the bugs were out...
    Not really. If they DO release it on the 28th, ONE day before the Iphone (29th), it would seem they are doing this BEFORE the Iphone release and since we all agree that IF it does get released on the 28th, it caught ALL of us by surprise meaning it was pushed out.

Also, given their track record on some of the past releases, I really don't see how you would think I am kidding.

One more thing, the delay in releasing the phone was because they completely changed the phone. NOT to get the bugs out as you stated
    Last edited by TMElectric; 07-17-11 at 05:58 AM.
    07-17-11 05:48 AM
    Not really. If they DO release it on the 28th, ONE day before the Iphone (29th), it would seem they are doing this BEFORE the Iphone release and since we all agree that IF it does get released on the 28th, it caught ALL of us by surprise meaning it was pushed out.

Also, given their track record on some of the past releases, I really don't see how you would think I am kidding.

One more thing, the delay in releasing the phone was because they completely changed the phone. NOT to get the bugs out as you stated
    Am i behind or something? The new iphone is coming July 29th? I havent heard anything on the next iphone...
    07-18-11 01:59 AM
    Am i behind or something? The new iphone is coming July 29th? I havent heard anything on the next iphone...
    Its all rumor. People have been speculating that the new iPhone is ahead of schedule and will be pushed up to July 29, 2011 and that the BB 9900/9930 has been scheduled for release the day before (July 28, 2011). We will see, but I call bunk. That's like 10 days away. :/
    07-18-11 10:53 AM
    I was hanging out with a guy at blackberry world from verizon who had a verizon branded 9930 so they have been testing it for awhile
    07-18-11 11:03 AM
    SO, this thread seems to be becoming more and more realistic as I just found another site (along with the one I posted earlier in this theread) about a late-july launch of the 9930. The only thing is, why was it rumored that there was this massive delay until September, unless it was only for the 9900? I doubt it.

07-18-11 11:28 AM
    SO, this thread seems to be becoming more and more realistic as I just found another site (along with the one I posted earlier in this theread) about a late-july launch of the 9930. The only thing is, why was it rumored that there was this massive delay until September, unless it was only for the 9900? I doubt it.
    What was this "other site" sir?!
    07-18-11 11:45 AM
    Its all rumor. People have been speculating that the new iPhone is ahead of schedule and will be pushed up to July 29, 2011 and that the BB 9900/9930 has been scheduled for release the day before (July 28, 2011). We will see, but I call bunk. That's like 10 days away. :/
    All of a sudden the July 28th release of the bold doesnt sound so impossible anymore. But i honestly think that the iPhone would of been leaked in one way shape or form, if it was set to release in 2 weeks time. A blurry picture from china at least, or third party case designs. Something, but if this is true RIM is in deep **** to put it bluntly. I dont think the next iphone could sway me from the 9930 but it would be a shame for RIM because everyone and their grandma think iPhones are the best thing since sliced bread.
    07-18-11 11:46 AM
    All of a sudden the July 28th release of the bold doesnt sound so impossible anymore.
    People have been saying this today. I'm confused. I follow this thing like a mad man and I have seen very little to support this. What rumors, other site, etc. is everyone hearing this from!?
    07-18-11 11:52 AM
    What was this "other site" sir?!
    I cannot copy and paste the link but I will do so later because I'm on my enV Touch. I believe it was verizon-phones.org but I'll post the exact link later when I get home.

07-18-11 11:59 AM
    People have been saying this today. I'm confused. I follow this thing like a mad man and I have seen very little to support this. What rumors, other site, etc. is everyone hearing this from!?
    I was just referring to the iphone release date, sadly I don't have anymore information than you do. I hardly visit any other BB fan site, so all the info i have is the info that CrackBerry posts lol
    07-18-11 12:04 PM
    I cannot copy and paste the link but I will do so later because I'm on my enV Touch. I believe it was verizon-phones.org but I'll post the exact link later when I get home.
    If [THIS] is what you mean the site looks pretty unreliable, and well, I'll say it, useless. They have the 9900 listed while the CDMA variant that VZW will be selling is the 9930. Other things are sketchy with the site too. Regardless, the site says August, not July 28th.
    07-18-11 12:06 PM
    It's no surprise to me that RIM bumped their release date to match iphone. All good competitors do something like this (Refer to Blur and Oasis circa August 1995).

As for Verizon pushing the Blackberry and not advertising, I'm not surprised. Every time I go to a Verizon shop the Blackberry's are in the back collecting dust and can't be 'played with' because they aren't even turned on. I didn't see any adverts for the 9650 when it was released. I purchased it from word of mouth like these articles.

I hope a new Blackberry is released for Verizon. It's been some time. I would have even settled for the Style (note: should have been called the Stylo and had the song 'Stylo' by Gorillaz as a ringtone, what an ad campaign!)
    07-18-11 12:21 PM
    It's no surprise to me that RIM bumped their release date to match iphone. All good competitors do something like this (Refer to Blur and Oasis circa August 1995). As for Verizon pushing the Blackberry and not advertising, I'm not surprised. Every time I go to a Verizon shop the Blackberry's are in the back collecting dust and can't be 'played with' because they aren't even turned on. I didn't see any adverts for the 9650 when it was released. I purchased it from word of mouth like these articles. I hope a new Blackberry is released for Verizon. It's been some time. I would have even settled for the Style (note: should have been called the Stylo and had the song 'Stylo' by Gorillaz as a ringtone, what an ad campaign!)
    Well I hope this is all true then!

I agree with you on all points! Verizon absolutely hates selling BlackBerry devices and this has been obvious for years. They are pushing Android stuff like mad!! I have commented on this (as have many others) here for a long time. With or without their advertising help, I want the 9930 and others do too! They need to release it; they are absolutely due for a new BlackBerry...you are correct. The Style 9670 is a disaster, one that I am glad VZW did not agree to sell. What an ugly, silly device. Even the Gorillaz couldn't sell that thing.

With BBM being opened up (FourSquare integration, games via BBM, etc.) I hope that BlackBerry will certainly press these features in their promotional and advertising efforts. This is something they still have going for them in the consumer market. Their last round of BBM commercials with weird stories from barber shops and antique lamps were ridiculous. What a shame. The "Augmented Reality" and NFC business should help with the new lines as well. Come on RIM!!!
    roguerebellions likes this.
    07-18-11 12:28 PM
    I get the feeling that the BB is so far and away from the iPhone, that they aren't even competitors any more. They have, in effect, become very different tools and appeal to very different people.

I'm hoping that BB doesn't become so darn small that we begin to refer to them as a niche product, though!

Anyway, to an iPhone person, the BB isn't even on their radar.

I'm looking forward to an early release on this 9930, but it is hard to believe that RIM is thinking that they must do this in order to compete with Apple!
    07-18-11 12:40 PM
    If Verizon get this, it would be great. A real shot in the arm.
    07-18-11 12:50 PM
182 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD