I think that VZW might just think that there is an immediate built in market for the 9930 and they dont have to advertise a whole lot. BB users are going to come in get thier upgrade and go on. I just dont see them making a push with "rule the air" for a BB. You might see some more conservative adds aimed at the BES market and as add ons to current ads. "also featureing the new BB 9930" They will be print ads or web. I dont see the 19 yr old skater dude waving a BB around in an ad. So I think the phone will drop (dont know when) and we will see a few adds about the same time. Sooooo if you see a vzw add with a 9930 in it head to the store!
    07-15-11 02:30 PM
    I think that VZW might just think that there is an immediate built in market for the 9930 and they dont have to advertise a whole lot. BB users are going to come in get thier upgrade and go on. I just dont see them making a push with "rule the air" for a BB. You might see some more conservative adds aimed at the BES market and as add ons to current ads. "also featureing the new BB 9930" They will be print ads or web. I dont see the 19 yr old skater dude waving a BB around in an ad. So I think the phone will drop (dont know when) and we will see a few adds about the same time. Sooooo if you see a vzw add with a 9930 in it head to the store!
    I hear ya! I can't wait to get my paws on what looks like a beast(9930), but I think the success of the Bold is critical for RIM. RIM's future in the smartphone market is on the line. I think RIM will push the Bold hard. I could be off base, but I don't expect a quiet launch.
    07-15-11 03:05 PM
    I would absolutely love this to be true. It would absolutely make my day to get this thing this month. But I don't think that it will be out that soon. Unfortunately.
    07-15-11 03:33 PM
    Same here :/ My bold 9650 DIED and im without a phone until this GD 9900 comes out :/
    My 9650 is in a drainage ditch. I had to reactivate my 8330. The 9930 can't get here soon enough.
    07-15-11 05:15 PM
    I was at VZW today at the blackberry phones are front and center in the store. They are right next to the droid 3 and the new HTC's....they used to be in the back
    07-15-11 05:37 PM
    Ah, the old "A Rep told me" thread! Boy these never get old.......
    Looks like the Verizon rep could be telling the truth after all. You just have to have a little faith.....
    07-15-11 05:57 PM
    This could get interesting...

Subscribed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-11 06:41 PM
    My 9650 is in a drainage ditch. I had to reactivate my 8330. The 9930 can't get here soon enough.
    I agree.. Although I left my phone in rice for about 24 hours and used a vacuum like a suction cup and vacuumed it for a few minutesand..

SPOILER ALERT!!!

IT IS FIXED! IT WORKS COMPLETELY PERFECTLY FINE NOW!

All this experience has done for me is strengthened the fact that BlackBerries are the best! Same thing happened to my friends iPhone and guess what? You can't take the battery out because apple is a d*ck so his phone fried...

I am so ecstatic right now, RIM you proved yourself with that, just show us the 9930 now and I'll LOVE YOU! [:

(haha how many of you got excited when you saw a red SPOILER ALERT on the page to be sadly disappointed after seeing it was just because my BlackBerry is fixed )
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 07-15-11 at 06:51 PM.
    07-15-11 06:49 PM
    the ad campaign may have just started. On the rim site they show the Bold touch with the PB. check it out

RIM Company - Learn about Research In Motion
    abass likes this.
    07-15-11 06:56 PM
    the ad campaign may have just started. On the rim site they show the Bold touch with the PB. check it out

RIM Company - Learn about Research In Motion
    Yess!

All of this is just getting me so excited!!!
    07-15-11 07:25 PM
    me too.....ive been checking everyday like a little kid.....everyday feels like a week!!!!
    07-15-11 09:18 PM
    I remember seeing a leaked VZW roadmap which showed the Droid 3(7/14) and the BB 9930(7/28).The Droid 3 date was accurate and VZW was completely silent about it until pre-orders were taken around the 7th.Everyone who's seen the 9900 says it's ready and it's still basically an OS 6.1 device so there shouldn't be any last-minute OS issues like there might be with a new QNX device. We'll see......

You think you could find this roadmap? It would be gold!

EDIT: Could this be of any importance? It mentions the 9930 late July.
    http://www.cellphonetrek.com/index.p...roadmap-leaked
    Last edited by Mikey112; 07-15-11 at 10:05 PM.
    07-15-11 10:02 PM
    People at Phone Arena must have heard the same thing; they've got "late July 2011" listed as the release date for the 9930. normally I don't trust these rep stories, but I'm holding out hope. Holding onto my Tour and I want to throw it at a wall.
    07-15-11 10:25 PM
    People at Phone Arena must have heard the same thing; they've got "late July 2011" listed as the release date for the 9930. normally I don't trust these rep stories, but I'm holding out hope. Holding onto my Tour and I want to throw it at a wall.
    Bro, at least you have a BlackBerry. I'm stuck with an LG EnV Touch in which the touch screen is the worst Verizon could have put on it, the battery has 950 mAh so the life of it is terrible, and it resets all of the time to the point where I cannot have a background on my phone or I'd have to keep changing it. Be greatful you have the Tour, lol.

Thus, through that link I posted, and what this thread is about, there is a connection. Let's just hope that this connection is true.
    Last edited by Mikey112; 07-15-11 at 10:31 PM.
    07-15-11 10:28 PM
    A verizon rep told me that unicorns are real. Does anybody know where I can get one?
    They are usually found prancing near a double rainbow. To catch one, make sure you use a velvet rope.
    07-16-11 12:21 AM
    July 28 hope so but that's too soon we aint seen any big promotion or commercial yet

07-16-11 12:47 AM
    If the 9930 hits after the Bionic, I know I will not be able to resist Moto's next phone. I am going from an OG Droid to a 9930 if it's out first, ONLY because I love the PlayBook and want to support RIM so they can continue to push updates to it.

Staying with Droid would be easier for me, and 4G would be sweet. The only thing I'd really hate to give up is Google Navigation.
    07-16-11 05:58 AM
    I will guarantee you that the 9930 is not coming on July 28. How do I know? Duh, a cellular rep told me so.
    07-16-11 06:14 AM
    RIM BlackBerry Bold 9930
    Expected release date: Late July 2011

PhoneArena always said coming soon. Now they say late July...

One more reason to believe
    07-16-11 08:37 AM
    If this was releasing on VZW in 12 days wouldn't we have a leak of it in their system?
    07-16-11 09:08 AM
    Bro, at least you have a BlackBerry. I'm stuck with an LG EnV Touch in which the touch screen is the worst Verizon could have put on it, the battery has 950 mAh so the life of it is terrible, and it resets all of the time to the point where I cannot have a background on my phone or I'd have to keep changing it. Be greatful you have the Tour, lol.

Thus, through that link I posted, and what this thread is about, there is a connection. Let's just hope that this connection is true.
    im stuck with a envy
    07-16-11 09:23 AM
    If you're right about Verizon not pushing BB's, this doesn't bode well for RIM.
    Of course they're right, it's common knowledge that Verizon has put BlackBerrys on the back burner.
    07-16-11 10:05 AM
    Of course they're right, it's common knowledge that Verizon has put BlackBerrys on the back burner.
    For the consumer market,yes.But you can't blame them.Look what RIM gives them to sell.I'm sure Verizon still does well with BB for corporate sales though.

07-16-11 11:06 AM
    I would argue that Verizon reps are actually impressed with these new devices. They're really fast and could prove to be very reliable. When I walk in a Verizon store I still see 9650s on display. Don't you think they would want the 9930 there instead so honest reps don't have to tell customers to avoid it and get a Droid?

I think there is still a huge market for Blackberrys and having a diverse range of phones will only help them.
    Gregory Ryan likes this.
    07-16-11 11:15 AM
182 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD