I am going to get service switched to Verizon soon. I will be getting a Nexus and a 9930.
    I need to change my caller id so other callers see one cell phone number for both phones.
    I wouldn't mind if its a permanent thing, but I don't want it to be a hassle to make calls.
    Google Voice will help with the forwarding calls and texts...

Can Verizon do that? (it is a business contract and I will have many phones set up through them-not sure if they treat that differently)
    or is there a way I can do this to the phone itself?

or will it be easier to make the nexus change the caller id?
    01-23-12 12:23 AM
    Caller I'd is handled by your cell network.
    01-23-12 12:49 AM
    I give them a call tomorrow.
    Does anyone know if its possible for them to set 2 phones with the same id?
    01-23-12 01:59 AM
    Highly Unlikely
    01-23-12 02:06 AM
    I vote no.

Like you said, Google Voice is a helpful tool, but your new phone will show a different number for both, unless you call FROM your GV account all the time.
    01-23-12 12:23 PM
    can have serious uses too, in your case, but this is more frequently used for pranks or to call old girlfriends (that's what i hear, anyway . . . )

search bluff my call on web
    01-23-12 12:30 PM
    Well I asked them and you all are correct (nope).
    I just thought of only having the name on the caller id, is it possible for a cell carrier to do that?
    01-28-12 01:16 AM
    Well I asked them and you all are correct (nope).
    I just thought of only having the name on the caller id, is it possible for a cell carrier to do that?
    Sign up for Google Voice and then you can dial out using your google voice number (the same number can be used from both phones).
    01-28-12 05:17 AM
    Or you could block your id on both . . . They would be the same, then!
    01-28-12 06:04 AM
    My business card has my main cell number on it I just didn't want to confuse people with different numbers.
    I guess never mind on this idea....
    01-28-12 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD