I have the sprint variant unlocked and the guy allowed me to purchase the 50 dollar plan without even telling me that mms, bbm, internet, etc. Wouldn't work.
    Anybody got it to work or am I out of luck?

If someone has already asked a related question, sorry. Crackberry mobile site doesn't show suggestions.
    08-08-12 09:45 AM
    MMS Should be down to the carrier - you dont need BIS for that
    Wifi - General brower etc should work fine
    Internet - with a suitable internet plan from your carrier (may need to edit the APN setting)
    Whatsapp should work with internet only/wireless only

BBM Email and most apps (facebook etc) all require tunnel access to BIS - NO BIS plan, NO access... Sorry. There are a hand full of apps that work without BIS, but not many.
    08-08-12 10:31 AM
    For the most part, you're out of luck.. see if you can swap it for a T-Mobile 9900 to ensure 100% compatibility. Even with the global capability on the 9930, it's pretty crippled on Simple Mobile.
    08-08-12 10:57 AM
    Take it back to the store and make sure that the salesperson understands what you want. If you cannot get BIS on your device, ask for your money back. They are supposed to offer a BIS plan but I think that it is extra, and that you might have the wrong plan from them.
    08-08-12 11:00 AM
    You need a blackberry plan from simple mobile. Then follow this, http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=696013

The only "crippling" you will have is your phone will operate on EDGE rather than 3G/4G.
    08-08-12 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD