Hey, was wondering, anyone tested the quality of service of their 9930 with a GSM sim? is it the same as the CDMA? or behind? Does the data respond as well?
    11-06-11 08:06 PM
    GSM is always slower because er......... Its the lowest network in the ladder. That's all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-11 08:11 PM
    GSM is always slower because er......... Its the lowest network in the ladder. That's all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This couldn't be anymore wrong...

OP, to answer your questions, it depends on where you use it. Here in North America you will only ever get EDGE, which will be slower. But overseas you can get 3G service, depending on the network you use it on it will be the same as CDMA or better.
    11-06-11 08:27 PM
    This couldn't be anymore wrong...

OP, to answer your questions, it depends on where you use it. Here in North America you will only ever get EDGE, which will be slower. But overseas you can get 3G service, depending on the network you use it on it will be the same as CDMA or better.
    well where i intend to use it has GSM running 3G, so i was wondering, since sprint sold the bold unlocked, if it would be as good as the CDMA and if the phone functions the same (BBM, fb, emails, browsing, etc)
    11-06-11 08:31 PM
    All functions of the phone will be the same as long as you get the BlackBerry service through the carrier you're using. The advantage of the 9930 is that it can be used on Sprint, or Verizon, here in the US, but be taken overseas and be used by just inserting a SIM card.
    11-06-11 08:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD