Device is about six weeks old. On two occasions -- I can't hear the person on the call, and they can't hear me. Speaker doesn't change anything. Only fix is the 3-key reboot.

Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-12 05:04 PM
    I had the same problem. Thought it was the VZW towers since it started during the last storm we had, but it kept on. reloading the OS didnt fix it, so i ended up getting my phone replaced.
    01-26-12 06:19 PM
    That happened to me the other day, too. i just upgraded to 7.1, although I have no idea if that's relevant (or what the cause may be). Glad you posted though - maybe we'll get an answer!
    01-26-12 06:25 PM
    It happened to me. Battery pull was the only thing that worked. I contacted tech support and they tried resetting data connection and everything else and told me to call them back if it happened again.

@ wazzugrad: Did they make you factory default restore before replacing it? The tech support woman said thats the next stpe. Also - did it mute out in both handset and speakerphone modes?
    01-26-12 07:01 PM
    I have had this phone since around October / November on 7.0 and never had this problem. I upgraded to the official Verizon 7.1 about 2 weeks ago and I now have this problem. I just checked with a coworker that upgraded last week and he also has had this happen 4 times in the last week. A battery pull fixes it for the time being, but it happens again at random. Seems like it might be related to the upgrade. Anyone else?
    01-30-12 06:10 PM
    I just re-installed 7.1, used Verizon's upgrade w/ USB connection instead of via Wi-Fi. We'll see if it happens again...
    01-30-12 07:18 PM
    Not to dash your hopes, but I already tried that. My first upgrade to 7.1 was OTA. When I started having this problem I reinstalled with Destop Manager over USB. Had the problem again today.
    01-30-12 07:26 PM
    Honestly, I've had so many strange issues alone these lines, with DIFFERENT model devices throughout the years, I would think they are random network occurrences of some type... doesn't really sound like a device or software related.
    01-30-12 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD