Anyone who's used a pod/cradle ever had your device not completely charge while on said pod or cradle? I've never used one before since I always kept my devices in cases, and I'm trying to figure out whether it's my pod or my 9930's contact points at the base.

Using the same outlet as I was before; swapping adapters/cables doesn't improve anything. If I use the USB port with either cable and adapter supplied it charges completely. When using the pod, clock comes on as normal and goes into bedside mode at set time, but will not dismiss at set time. If it's off, the charge LED never shuts off.
    09-30-11 02:00 PM
    On my 9900 the pod is only good for 95% charge. Tried cleaning the contacts with alcohol, no improvement. I try fixing everything with alcohol.

edit: Took the micro USB out of the pod and put it into the side of the 9900. Battery level went instantly to 100%. I'm on 440. Any chance it's OS related?
    Last edited by palomartian; 11-10-11 at 09:19 AM.
    bbqkid8 likes this.
    11-10-11 09:14 AM
    I pretty much exclusively use the pod for charging, and it seems that if it's not down to 95% when I take it off, it is within minutes of use. Can't comment on usb charging, but many users say it's the way to go if you need to see 100%
    11-10-11 09:31 AM
    Had this exact problem this morning and posted in another thread. I used the Playbook charger since it's more powerful, but I will try the ones that came in the box. Thanks for the tip. Hope it works.
    11-10-11 09:44 AM
    On my 9900 the pod is only good for 95% charge. Tried cleaning the contacts with alcohol, no improvement. I try fixing everything with alcohol.

edit: Took the micro USB out of the pod and put it into the side of the 9900. Battery level went instantly to 100%. I'm on 440. Any chance it's OS related?
    In my case it turned out to be the wall adapter that shipped with the pod. Using the wall adapter and cable that came with my 9930 and the pod I've had no issues with fully charging or odd behavior, aside from one morning waking up to a temporarily nuked device. The cord that came with the pod works fine as well attached to my desktop.

I discovered the adapter failing by using the side port - with one it fully charged, the other it didn't, irregardless of cord or outlet used.

"I try fixing everything with alcohol." LOL
    11-10-11 09:47 AM
    with wall adapter: easily gets to 100%
    with pod: charge tapers off at 95%, but it does eventually get to 100%. especially after a battery pull.

a lot of people have written about this issue. appears to be OS related.
    11-10-11 09:59 AM
    It seems that the new Verizon os has fixed this issue for me (so far anyway). I have had the new OS for about a week now and have hit 100% overnight on the cradle every night since.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-10-11 10:05 AM
    posted so many times about this issue. mine charges to 100% on pod or USB only after several plug/unplug cycles... Wish RIM would address the issue like Apple did with their heating battery, but RIM's policy is to ignore the problem hoping it will go away
    11-10-11 01:18 PM
    Two things fixed it for me. I dug out my old Storm charger (800 mw) and I got a spare battery from the CB store. The charger is more powerful than the little plug (750mw) and the batteries are from Japan (via Mexico) Now charges right up.
    11-10-11 02:35 PM
    I did a battery pull and now it gets to 100% consistently, and the lightning bolt changes to a plug. Color me happy.
    11-13-11 09:18 AM
    It seems that the new Verizon os has fixed this issue for me (so far anyway). I have had the new OS for about a week now and have hit 100% overnight on the cradle every night since.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Same here. With the new OS, my 9930 gets charged fully with the charged icon but when I was running the 'old' stock OS, it never changed icons.

I am using the old charger from my Droid X to plug in to the pod and I know the Droid X charger is rated at higher than the little usb plug that came in with the pod itself.
    11-13-11 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD