Yes-anal here:
    Received refurb exchange and refurb screen colors are different.
    The older 9930 the colors have bluish tint. The refurb has truer colors, I guess.
    Best example is the Calendar-the refurb the blank days look gray and with the older 9930 it is more bluish gray.
    Would never notice if not side by side.
    Why such differences & is the refurb have the better screen?
    Thanks.
    02-03-12 06:35 AM
    I believe there are(at least) two revisions of the 9930.
    Check the back to see if they are the same. (Without the battery door)
    02-03-12 06:38 AM
    I believe there are(at least) two revisions of the 9930.
    Check the back to see if they are the same. (Without the battery door)
    Thanks for quick reply.
    where and which is the revision number?
    Also any way to show the build date of device?
    02-03-12 07:12 AM
    There are reports of 3. Blue, white and yellow. My replacement shows a dark violet tint when off like my playbook. I prefer it over the white I had as original. Better color in my opinion.
    02-03-12 08:30 AM
    I receive one warranty replacement, the display is definitely lower quality that my original phone (the one that broke down).
    I was able to notice this comparing it to my wife's (we both them together the same day, same model, 9930).
    Side to side comparison, my wife's whites are excellent, mine are grayish.
    Asked for another a second replacement replacement, same thing.
    Totally disappointed....
    03-23-12 03:23 PM
    I have had to swap out 4 devices and all have been different in one way or another. I guess it all depends where they are refurbished at.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-23-12 04:28 PM
    I have 4 9900's I own and 3 of them are different.... honestly lol I don't even know which is the right color anymore
    03-23-12 09:16 PM
    My first one had problems with skin tones
    03-23-12 11:07 PM
    I have seen this with all models of BB's ...right from the 8800 onwards. My friends and I always get the same upgrade of BB together so we can compare and I have always seen variations in color. It can either be Blueish white or yellowish white. My current 9900 is yellowish, while my friends have a bluish white display. Bugs me no end.
    03-24-12 01:33 AM
    It's likely that RIM has several suppliers for the displays. It's not a defect per se, one manufacturer may have warmer whites, others may be cooler.
    03-24-12 09:58 AM
    The lack of uniformity in manufacturing is a bit disappointing..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-24-12 10:08 AM
    Don't think it really matters as long as its bluish or white. I have had 2 different colors and both have their advantages. I actually preferred the bluish one. As long as it isn't "yellow"!
    03-24-12 05:37 PM
    Yeah i had the same problem. My first 9900 had a blueish tint on the screen and the backlight on the keyboard was yellowish. The one i'm using started out with a yellowish screen and blueish keyboard backlight but the screen color freshened up with use now it looks neutral.

This is definetely not just a RIM problem. Take Samsungs galaxy s2 screens for example. They also get different screen temperatures. No biggie.
    03-24-12 07:17 PM
    It has to do with the screen manufacturers and their ability to purchase components that make up the screens. Its out of RIM's and the manufacturers control. As long as they are within spec no one should give a ratsass.
    03-24-12 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD