I have had my 9930 for 2 days now and while the phone is awesome in most respects, I have a few issues. Hopefully they will be easily resolved

1- The camera blows dog on this. Its amazing they let this out with such a crappy camera. Can the focus issue be fixed?

2- The MP3's I transferred over dont work!! It says "invalid format" or something like that. Did I lose all my sounds and alert sounds for my text messages and ring tones??

3- How do I easily apply a new ringtone once I get # 2 worked out?

4- Where do I get new wallpapers for this?

5- Dis verizon shut down the vzwtext.com email? I used to be able to send a text message to my own device with a sound attached to store as a ring tone or alert.

where can I find tips and tricks and easier ways to work this device?

Its nice and fast and the keyboard rocks. Once I get through these issues, it will be great

any help is appreciated
    08-19-11 08:17 PM
    1. Well documented in advance of the device being released by Verizon.
    2. All of mine work fine. Try copying them over again.
    3. Same as before. Use the Profiles or the Contact Alerts.
    4. Search for 640x480 wallpapers or images. There are lots of great images around.
    5. You need to use the 10digitnumber@vzwpix.com address for MMS.

Right here on the forum are lots of tips and tricks.
    08-19-11 08:41 PM
    1. Well documented in advance of the device being released by Verizon.
    2. All of mine work fine. Try copying them over again.
    3. Same as before. Use the Profiles or the Contact Alerts.
    4. Search for 640x480 wallpapers or images. There are lots of great images around.
    5. You need to use the 10digitnumber@vzwpix.com address for MMS.

Right here on the forum are lots of tips and tricks.
    thanks

08-19-11 09:20 PM
    I hate that the camera sucks too. Is such a let down, I wanted to get mine ASAP, now, I am convincing myself to, all because of the 2-year agreement I would have to lock myself into in order to get it in a somewhat OK price.
    08-19-11 09:21 PM
    "1- The camera blows dog on this. Its amazing they let this out with such a crappy camera. Can the focus issue be fixed?"

I've had my 9930 for one day now, and have played with the camera at length. I can safely say that I have had no problem with the camera not being auto focus. I love how snappy it is. I point, hold the phone steady and snap. None of the pictures I took were blurry or blue tinted or grainy (like the Droid 3 and Droidx2 - both of which I had before returning and coming to the Bold 9930).

Don't get mad at the RIM for not putting an AF camera in the Bold 9930 - learn how to take better pictures.
    08-24-11 08:14 AM
    - camera sucks
    - cheap plastic battery cover. understandable on the curve not the Bold!
    - no gorilla glass for the screen.
    08-24-11 09:31 AM
    - camera sucks
    - cheap plastic battery cover. understandable on the curve not the Bold!
    - no gorilla glass for the screen.
    Please don't buy the 9930, it is not for you
    08-24-11 09:38 AM
    Camera is just fine. EDOF vs Auto focus. EDOF works fine for most phone pics.
    Plastic cover is required for NFC, and it ain't cheap, replacement cost $30!
    Use a Ghost Armor protector.
    LOVE this PHONE!
    08-24-11 02:00 PM
    I don't understand why someone would buy something with an important feature to them that is missing? I'd almost feel embarrassed to complain about something that was so well publicized and that 2 minutes of research would have uncovered.

I also don't get why anyone would order a $500+ item based on photographs of it and not going to a store and playing with it to ensure that at least on the surface it would meet their expectations.
    08-24-11 02:18 PM
    Camera is just fine. EDOF vs Auto focus. EDOF works fine for most phone pics.
    Plastic cover is required for NFC, and it ain't cheap, replacement cost $30!
    Use a Ghost Armor protector.
    LOVE this PHONE!
    The back is not "plastic" its "Carbon Fiber"
    08-24-11 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD