I just bought a new 9930 today and one of the pins from the SIM card holder fell off..!!

Does anybody know any internet vendor that sells the SIM card holder for the 9930...? Oh my goodness... this thing is so fragile...!!!!

Please help...!!!
    08-27-11 11:21 AM
    Looks like a manufacturing defect. I'd consider taking it back to the retailer and getting another.
    08-27-11 11:25 AM
    You don't have to fix this because if you just get this phone, you can return it OR even call RIM customer support in your area to return it.
    08-27-11 11:32 AM
    Hi Underway, thanks for the suggestion, I purchased the phone from a non offical source, I think the only option now would be to purchase the simcard holder and have a technician to install it
    08-27-11 11:33 AM
    RIM has 12 month or 24 month warranty, I think. Just give your local RIM help desk a call, to see if anything can be done. Your carrier can give you their number.

Good luck, hope it gets replaced for you.
    08-27-11 11:39 AM

I just bought a new 9930 today and one of the pins from the SIM card holder fell off..!!

Does anybody know any internet vendor that sells the SIM card holder for the 9930...? Oh my goodness... this thing is so fragile...!!!!

Please help...!!!
    "This thing"? ALL SIM contacts in ANY phone are fragile!!
    08-27-11 12:02 PM
    hi underway, thanks for the suggestion, i purchased the phone from a non offical source, i think the only option now would be to purchase the simcard holder and have a technician to install it
    return the phone to/through the unofficial source that you got it. The only reliable option for you now is to get a replacment. Other options might still make the phone to come up with issues.
    08-27-11 02:49 PM
    Anybody know any phone parts vendors that might have the SIM card module?
    08-28-11 10:57 AM
    Hi

I have had this problem for three months and still I have faced it without any solution.

I wrote two posts in deffer ant forums without any result

9900 SIM Card Tray holder - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Sim Card Connector ! - BlackBerry Forums Support Community

One of my friend who work in phone repairs offered me to weld the broken pins since the RIM does not supply sim card tray holder in stock

But as he said the device will be distorted, so I refused and I decided to wait.
    11-19-11 03:25 PM
    Even my bb9930 got damaged .... Is there any place to get a new sim tray????
    11-25-11 03:33 PM
    I have some OEM Sim trays in stock, if you need one please email me at [email protected].

01-20-12 11:27 AM
    lol,
    why don't you ask for replacement....
    and don't keep on removing/inserting SIM every single hour
    01-20-12 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD