Had the phone for less than a week, and changed the wallpaper picture, then locked the phone and looked back on it. The bottom half of the screen is blank but still responsive with a straight line across. Don't know if it's hardware or software.

HELP Please!!
    01-01-12 11:28 PM
    That would be a hardware issue. Its like the white screen of death but your lucky you only got half. If I were you I would take that phone in quick for warranty repairs lol. Best of luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-12 11:42 PM
    Thanks but its not the rows, it is a black blank screen, even when it is booting up that blank screen covers the loading bar
    01-01-12 11:42 PM
    Seems like your screen is FUBAR then... take it back for exchange
    01-01-12 11:44 PM
    Thanks but its not the rows, it is a black blank screen, even when it is booting up that blank screen covers the loading bar
    Get a new one as soon as possible. Sounds like another victim of RIM's super awesome quality control.
    01-01-12 11:51 PM
    I read about all of these issues with the 99x0, and it really gets me paranoid. I start to worry that I'm going to wake up in the morning, and my 9930 is going to be completely dead... But yeah, you should take it back to Sprint/Verizon and get them to change the device. My advice, go to the store you got the phone from (or the nearest store to you if you got it online), and talk to someone face to face. If you try to do so through the phone or online, you're probably never going to get a replacement device.
    01-02-12 06:16 AM
    Get a new one as soon as possible. Sounds like another victim of RIM's super awesome quality control.
    carriers even sell refurbish phones as new ones.
    buy new one and if it's faulty you will get refurbish, not a new one.
    01-02-12 06:27 AM
    Speaking of selling refurbished phones as new ones... I have a Verizon 9930, and a friend of mine has a T-Mobile 9900. If we fully charge both phones, have them running on the exact same settings and 10 % Brightness, and put the same wallpaper on both phones, the T-Mobile phone's screen has a dark blueish hue to it. Similar issue with a Swisscom 9700 and an Orange Switzerland 9700. Also, the T-Mobile 9900's screen lock button seems to be deeper inside the socket, and not being held in as firmly as the 9930's. I know I'm digressing from the topic of this post, but as it is related, I thought it was an important issue to speak of. I think some of us are being quite seriously f***** over by our carriers.
    01-02-12 07:14 AM
    Thanks but the biggest problem is, i am in Jamaica.
    01-02-12 11:28 AM
    And where did you get the phone from?
    01-02-12 11:36 AM
    i ordered it off ebay and it was working fine
    01-02-12 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD