Sorry if this seems like a repeat of many other posts, but I seen different answers to what the best option is for BB, but couldn't gather if those were specific to BIS or BES, and everything appears to have changed with OS 7.

There are several staff who would like to sync their 9930's (on BES/Exchange) with their Google calendar. I unistalled the gmail app myself, and have my gmail account setup as a standard BB email account. When I went to the Sync options on my phone it only shows Contacts and Deleted Items. Is this because I haven't set up a calendar in Google, or is something else required? I've seen in other posts that google sync isn't required in OS 7 (and I'd be surprised if it actually worked), so I'm not sure what else there is that I may be missing.
    11-03-11 01:31 PM
    There might be two questions here. Your BB can support multiple calendars (BES and Google), but I'm not sure you can set a single BB calendar to sync with both BES/Exchange and Google calendar.

My setup is as follows:

I have my wife's google calendar syncing to my BB calendar with no special google app. Works great.

Then I use a product called SynMyCal to sync my desktop (laptop) Outlook calendar to google, which my wife can then see.

I don't try and have my phone wirelessly sync the BES calendar to both places as I doubt that's possible.
    11-03-11 01:44 PM
    You need Google Apps to sync your Google calendar on BES IIRC.
    11-03-11 02:32 PM
    With BESx I use the Google Sync program, but for using multiple google calendars it is a cruddy solution. It is the thing I miss most from my fling with Android.
    11-03-11 02:35 PM
    Thanks for all the replies, but I'm still confused

It doesn't have to be the same calendar, it could be it's own calendar.

Are you all saying that I would need to install Google sync? I read in another post that google sync is not required for OS 7 to get a google calendar going. If I do install Google sync, you're saying it will sync to it's own calendar, and not the Exchange calendar that is syncing via BES? I always thought BB could have multiple email accounts configured, with separate email databases and icons to access them, but that contacts and calendar were single instance, and all accounts that sync with the contacts and calendar place everything into the lone contacts and calendar apps/instances.

You need Google Apps to sync your Google calendar on BES IIRC.
    What is google apps for BB? Do you mean google sync?

To be clear, I do not want these google calendars to sync at all with the Exchange calendar (which is synced via BES). That would be very bad.
    Last edited by ChilledBB; 11-03-11 at 03:51 PM.
    11-03-11 03:46 PM
    I have a BES/Exchange calendar and a separate Google calendar (tied to a different email address). The google calendar stays in sync on my phone without any additional software. I can view these calendars together or separately on my BB. Hope this helps.
    11-03-11 08:48 PM
    I have a BES/Exchange calendar and a separate Google calendar (tied to a different email address). The google calendar stays in sync on my phone without any additional software. I can view these calendars together or separately on my BB. Hope this helps.
    So apparently you must have a Google calendar before setting up the account on a BB for it to give you the option to sync it. I created the calendar, removed the account on my BB, added it back, and it gave me the option to sync it.

Thanks everyone.
    11-05-11 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD