I have had inconsistent life from the battery on my new 9930. Sometimes it would go a long time and other times it would go very fast. I started using the Batter Analyzer and testing different scenarios. I have finally determined that, for me anyway, having it bridged to my PlayBook was the primary source of battery drain.

It doesn't happen immediately on connecting but sooner or later, while bridged the battery usage will go from the normal 2-5%/hour to 20-25%/hour. I've tried it with bluetooth on and off, with WiFi on and off and the only consistent factor that triggered this high drain was having bridge on. I've had it draining like crazy and just turned off the bridge and it goes right to 2%. I also see the bridge app usage go high and temperature go to 105 F.

I figure there is some kind of bug in the bridge app that is causing this, so hopefully it will get corrected in the next release. Anyone else seeing this? I'm on OS 7.1.340 and Bridge 2.0.0.26.
    04-12-12 01:13 PM
    Like you my friend my 9930 battery life is significantly effected while I bridge. I just keep my heavy duty charger with me.
    04-12-12 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD