Maybe someone can help me.

I bought my 9930 about 2 months ago and since that it has been running great...until now. Recently the phone has needed to be restarted numerour times during the day. The camera will go to the camera screen but NOT take a pic. Also, email, BBM's, and picture mail will not come through for a while until i restart the phone then everything comes barrelling through. Dont know what the problem is and I'm trying to avoid having to reinstall the op system since I dont feel like reinstalling all my apps.

Any advise would be great.

Thx
    12-10-11 04:40 PM
    What version OS are you running? maybe an update for your carrier is out?

OS updates DO fix issues....
    12-10-11 05:10 PM
    Maybe someone can help me.

I bought my 9930 about 2 months ago and since that it has been running great...until now. Recently the phone has needed to be restarted numerour times during the day. The camera will go to the camera screen but NOT take a pic. Also, email, BBM's, and picture mail will not come through for a while until i restart the phone then everything comes barrelling through. Dont know what the problem is and I'm trying to avoid having to reinstall the op system since I dont feel like reinstalling all my apps.

Any advise would be great.

Thx
    How are you rebooting? I stopped using the alt,caps,del option because of rumors on here. You only have 3 options:

1.Try leaving battery out for 30 seconds then try again
    2.Reload OS with same or newer
    3.Call for replacement. Which should be free unless there's physical damage on blackberry
    12-10-11 05:15 PM
    How are you rebooting? I stopped using the alt,caps,del option because of rumors on here. You only have 3 options:

1.Try leaving battery out for 30 seconds then try again
    2.Reload OS with same or newer
    3.Call for replacement. Which should be free unless there's physical damage on blackberry
    U could also try to leave the battery out for a full night, put the battery the next morning and see if that helps.
    12-10-11 07:17 PM
    What have you downloaded recently that may be creating a conflict? My guess is an incompatible app or corrupt file.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-11 09:47 PM
    I used both the alt, caps, del method and the battery pull and nothing fixes it. I am runnning 442 and am not a big fan of leaked OS so i want to stay with the Sprint original. Like I said, i really dont want to have to do a full reinstall but it might be the only option. If I backup the entire phone and reistall the OS then load the backup file, will i have the same problem or should i just start clean. (such a pain in the a**)

Thanks for all the suggests
    12-11-11 01:14 PM
    I found the latest official Sprint build to be very buggy and have poor battery life. Last week I removed the battery and upon reinsertion, the touch screen wouldn't work and it was stuck on 1X. After that, I loaded the latest Verizon build and haven't had any problems since. I highly recommend running the newer build.

I find battery life is also better on the newer build. If you do use the Verizon build, there are 2 vendors files that need to be deleted. After I deleted them, it loaded up without a problem via BB Desktop.
    12-11-11 01:44 PM
    I used both the alt, caps, del method and the battery pull and nothing fixes it. I am runnning 442 and am not a big fan of leaked OS so i want to stay with the Sprint original. Like I said, i really dont want to have to do a full reinstall but it might be the only option. If I backup the entire phone and reistall the OS then load the backup file, will i have the same problem or should i just start clean. (such a pain in the a**)

As John stated, reloading fixes a good many things. There are times when it won't though, and that's if you have a corrupt database on your device. If that's the case, you'll still be in the same boat. Only way to know is to reload the device OS.

Due to how well reloading works, anyone helping will most likely ask if that step was performed already. Reloading the OS is akin to checking to see if the monitor is plugged before trying out why the screen won't turn on. If reloading doesn't fix or improve anything, then the next stop would be more indepth troubleshooting.
    12-11-11 01:45 PM
    I found the latest official Sprint build to be very buggy and have poor battery life. Last week I removed the battery and upon reinsertion, the touch screen wouldn't work and it was stuck on 1X. After that, I loaded the latest Verizon build and haven't had any problems since. I highly recommend running the newer build.

I find battery life is also better on the newer build. If you do use the Verizon build, there are 2 vendors files that need to be deleted. After I deleted them, it loaded up without a problem via BB Desktop.
    Which version did you load and how do you delete the vendor files to install?
    12-11-11 02:01 PM

What the carrier loads isn't always the best option. What's 442? I thought the latest is 374.

You don't have 442, you have 241. Upgrade and see what happens.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 12-11-11 at 02:45 PM.
    12-11-11 02:41 PM
    Give .374 a try. It is an official OS... Its just the newest one released by Verizon.

12-11-11 03:10 PM
    Which version did you load and how do you delete the vendor files to install?
    I used the direct link to Verizon from Blackberry's site. Enter anything as your phone number (i.e. - 000-000-0000):

BlackBerry Software Updates

I tried reloading Sprint's latest release and it didn't help my issues, but Verizon's update with a newer OS revision did.

The first vendor XML file is in C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader

I can't remember 100% where the second is, but I think it's in C:/Users/<user name directory>/AppData/Roaming/Research In Motion/BlackBerry/Loader XML

Keep in mind that the AppData folder is a hidden folder. If you can't find it, go into Control Panel and change Folder Options (under the View tab) to show hidden files and folders.

Afterwards, the update showed right up after I connected my 9930. I had to set everything up from scratch with v7.0.0.374 (Platform 5.0.0.552), but it was worth it. Better to waste an hour on that than dealing with the glitches on a daily basis.
    12-11-11 03:55 PM
    I just loaded the Verizon OS. Hopefully it works. I will keep you updated.

Thanks all for the assistance
    12-11-11 05:29 PM
    No problem! ...hope it helps.

I still have a jumpy signal with 7.0.0.374, but I noticed an overall (minor) improvement in stability. Signal might be due to the new antenna design though. I think they switched to connecting it to the metal frame like the iPhone.
    12-11-11 06:26 PM
    No problem! ...hope it helps.

I still have a jumpy signal with 7.0.0.374, but I noticed an overall (minor) improvement in stability. Signal might be due to the new antenna design though. I think they switched to connecting it to the metal frame like the iPhone.
    The antenna is in the bottom of the phone. A jumpy signal is more likely due to tower crossover or building architecture.
    12-11-11 07:18 PM
    The antenna is in the bottom of the phone. A jumpy signal is more likely due to tower crossover or building architecture.
    Are you 100% sure? The bezel actually has gold contacts which connect it to the back assembly/motherboard. ...which is very similar to the iPhone 3G/3G-S design that uses 2 antennas; one of which is the bezel, the other being in the dock connector.

Also, the jumpy signal does not happen until I actually make skin on bezel contact. (...and is in front of an open window.) The 9650 or 9630 did not behave this same way. This all leads me to believe that they adopted the iPhone antenna design.
    12-11-11 10:45 PM
    Are you 100% sure? The bezel actually has gold contacts which connect it to the back assembly/motherboard. ...which is very similar to the iPhone 3G/3G-S design that uses 2 antennas; one of which is the bezel, the other being in the dock connector.

Also, the jumpy signal does not happen until I actually make skin on bezel contact. (...and is in front of an open window.) The 9650 or 9630 did not behave this same way. This all leads me to believe that they adopted the iPhone antenna design.
    The metal bezel will give you some attenuation on contact, but no, it's not the antenna.
    12-11-11 10:54 PM
    Guess what guys...its back to the same problem. Any othe suggestions or should i just wipe the phone and start over?
    12-12-11 12:32 AM
    The metal bezel will give you some attenuation on contact, but no, it's not the antenna.
    If that's the case, then I correct myself. I'm going off of 9900 pictures and my experience with circuit rework on the iPhone. I haven't personally disassembled and looked at any 9930 schematics yet.

Guess what guys...its back to the same problem. Any othe suggestions or should i just wipe the phone and start over?
    Well... If you've updated the OS and it's still giving you software problems, I'd check into the apps that you've installed. On my 9650, the BBM update a few months ago made my phone unstable (which went away after BB updated BBM again).

I guess just make sure all of your apps have the latest revision and start uninstalling 1 by 1 until you find the one that isn't compatible with OS7? You might be able to check reviews for your apps to see if anyone else is having problems, but your problems definitely sound like a software issue.
    12-12-11 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD