So, I just hit the "Checkout" button on amazonwireless.com for my new 9930 from Sprint. The device should be arriving possibly monday or tuesday. -VERY EXCITED-

I've heard so much good about the 9930/9900 that I didn't hesitate to buy the phone after noticing that my upgrade would only be $99.99. The biggest complaint I've noticed is Sprint's sucky 3G service.

From the experience of the 9930/9900 owners out there... I'm curious to know what are the must have apps and accessories to go along with my new toy? Also, are there any matching cases for both the PlayBook and the 9930/9900 devices? With OS 2.0 releasing soon I can see myself showing off both my babies and spending alot of time with them.

Thanks
    01-13-12 11:25 AM
    I've got the Otterbox Commuter for my 9930 and have been very happy with it.

Not sure if the apps I use would be considered must haves, just your standard sprinkling of good, usable applications... ScoreMobile, FB, etc...
    jaeburg likes this.
    01-13-12 11:28 AM
    I just use the carrying case that came with mine. As far as apps go, I use Blackberry Traffic, Facebook, Twitter, and Foursquare.
    jaeburg likes this.
    01-13-12 12:03 PM
    I use an otterbox commuter on my 9900, and an otterbox on my playbook. A match made in heaven. Very stylish as well.
    jaeburg likes this.
    01-13-12 12:21 PM
    I use the KrakenII case with my 9930 and love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    jaeburg likes this.
    01-13-12 02:10 PM
    otterbox on the pb, otterbox defender coming by fedex today for the 9900...i'm clumsy!
    jaeburg likes this.
    01-13-12 02:33 PM
    i just order my 9900 for tmobile just earlier today and i know how you are feeling, EXCITED! lol
    jaeburg likes this.
    01-13-12 03:54 PM
    The case that came with it is fine with me. At least right now. I may change my mind at some point. As for apps, I have only had mine for a couple days so I don't really have any recommendations for you.
    jaeburg likes this.
    01-13-12 03:58 PM
    On my Bold 9900, here is a list of my main apps.

- BeWeather v2.6.12 - Best weather app for the bold. Low battery usage, slick interface. Worth every penny.

- MemoryUp Personal - A free memory manager used to recover memory leaks. It will keep your phone running nice and fast, no need for reboots due to slow downs.

- deProcMan v2.20(41) - An excellent app for checking what apps you have running in memory on your phone. Worth every penny.

- MeterBerry v2.5.0 - An excellent app for monitoring battery and memory usage. It will help you find out what apps are efficient and which aren't. I use it all the time, worth every penny.

- FileScout v2.7.1.7 - An excellent file explorer. Worth every penny.

- Poynt - A free app that gives you local information like movie times and business locations etc etc...

- Shazam - A cool app that will listen to a song that is playing and tell you what it is.

- Telenav GPS Navigator - The best GPS navigation software available for the bold 9900.

For games, I like Aces 3D Pool, Aces Travel Pack, Angry Pigs, Angry Farm, Zombie Attack.

Note: All of these apps and games are battery friendly. They will not drain your device.

For my playbook, here is a list of my main apps.

- QFolio - A great free stock tracker.

- Splashtop - A great remote desktop app, it allows you to access your home computer from anywhere. Worth every penny.

- BlackBerry News - A nice free RSS news reader.

- My File Manager - A great file manager that allows me to access files, including media files, on the memory stick in my bold 9900 and open them on my playbook. I use it all the time. Worth every penny.

- Vevo - A free app that allows you to watch all the latest music videos.

- Cineplex Scene - Tells you all about movies that are playing in the theaters.

- NFB - Allows you to stream movies for free to your playbook from the internet.

- Poynt - A free app that gives you local information like movie times and business locations etc etc...

- Todays Alarm Clock - A nice free alarm clock application. Loaded with cool features.

- Speedtest - Tests your network connection. Works good.

- Air Browser - A nice free file manager, but not as good as "My File Manager".

- ScrapBook - A cool little app for playing around with pics. The kids love it.

- Box - An online storage app, you get 50 gigs of free space when you sign up.

For games I have Angry Birds, Angry Birds Rio, Starfront Collision, Machinarium, Deadspace, Tetris, Bejeweled 2, Solitaire, Pinball Deluxe, Mahjong, Doom, Power Pong.
    jaeburg likes this.
    01-14-12 01:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD